★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ****

CORRECTION: Bug reports were actually for another game (Super Quick Hook, Avalanche Mode specifically). Woops! Hook Worlds should be running fine.

Thanks for all the great reviews from fans and critics alike!

Try to survive in four different worlds with your trusty grappling hook, as four different characters with unique special abilities! Every game world has its own all-new setting, every character has its own gameplay style. Every world is also randomized, varied, and endless, for incredible replay value.

Check out our website for a gameplay trailer and reviewer quotes: bit.ly/hookworlds

SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL CONTROLS:

There are just two buttons. The right button controls your grappling hook, letting go detaches your hook. The left button controls the unique special ability in each game world. These simple controls will let you nimbly swing, dive, climb, run, slide, and shoot, rocketjump, or flip gravity!

FOUR GAMES IN ONE:

Swing your way through the Cursed Jungle as Gramps, as you try to escape the Ancient Watcher. Shoot your way through a haunted cove as Zelle, in your pursuit of bounties and treasure. Escape a grim future dystopia as CyberGnome 202X, using your gravity flips to evade the Gnome Cops. Early buyers also instantly get the fourth world, a tribute to both Atari/C64 games and falling onto lethal spikes!

YES, THAT'S RIGHT, CYBERGNOME 202X. AND MORE:

Rewards you can unlock and wear to customize your characters, visible on the scoreboards. Medal awards and achievements for reaching high score milestones. Blowing up haunted crabs and getting obliterated by a gigantic eye. All of the above and more, for the permanent price of 99 cents.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

TA Article : http://toucharcade.com/2010/12/10/hook-worlds-video/
12-15-2010, 05:07 AM
grr... damn, gotta wait for it..

I like my milk with some cereal.
Game Center; STARDUSTGD add me please..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgboy View Post
I know this is stupid but I just hit 500 posts! Post the amount of posts you have here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijib View Post
noob

12-15-2010, 05:27 AM
I saw the name of post, and no NZ next to the name, and so I got excited and searched immediately. Ive been bamboozled!
12-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epedemix View Post
I saw the name of post, and no NZ next to the name, and so I got excited and searched immediately. Ive been bamboozled!
lol same thing happened to me

I like my milk with some cereal.
Game Center; STARDUSTGD add me please..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgboy View Post
I know this is stupid but I just hit 500 posts! Post the amount of posts you have here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijib View Post
noob
12-15-2010, 05:38 AM
i was like, ok ill pick this up right now. guess not..
12-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Can't believe the lack of buzz over this!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
12-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Can't believe the lack of buzz over this!
tough day for a release.

i'm sure the hook-fans will be all over it. at .99, it's hard to pass up.

GameCenter = McCREE

*please, no more RR3 friend requests*
12-15-2010, 11:00 AM
!!!

I can't wait!! Come on Apple!! I want it!!!
12-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Hope this one doesn't get overlooked today, rocketcat makes such awesome games!

10chars
12-15-2010, 11:16 AM
caaaahmon midnight!

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014