Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-14-2011, 05:26 PM

Default Annexation - online multiplayer real time strategy wargame (w/ Free)

itunes: iTunes App Store Link

try the free version first (no map editor, but really the majority of game play is multiplayer online):

Annexation is a multi-player online real time strategy game with a medieval flavor. Use pre-made maps or create your own with a map editor.

Path your armies by selecting waypoints and sending them on their way to grow in farms and train in towns. Annex strategically important territory to increase your growth speeds and then gain victory by holding enemy castles or conquering enemy soldiers.

Fine tune your skills with 7 levels of practice mode and then go on to challenge your friends with Game Center or play online immediately with people from all around the world.

Create new maps to practice on and share them to a central server for others to play.

itunes: iTunes App Store Link

Now ready for sale on the iPad / iPhone / iPod touch.

Cheers!

Last edited by blazespinnaker; 03-26-2013 at 11:24 PM..
Old 01-15-2011, 12:46 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Congrats with the release!
Old 01-15-2011, 11:49 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Nice having the map editor included in this.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:12 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default A good one... On iPad

This game is a hoot. I like virtually everything about it on the iPad. On iPhone 4, though, it is nearly unplayable. Not only are the hexes so tiny you can only barely get the ones you want when zoomed it, but the "confirm" button used to execute every order is in the exact same place as the "menu" button which you will hit by accident over and over due to the flakey interface.

None of this is a problem on iPad though where the game is easy to control, and a joy to play. I looks great, and takes very little of my rapidly dwindling memory at under 20megs. And it is dirt cheap.I have no idea how someone can do the work required for a true high quality title like this to sell a universal build so cheap. Many thanks to Tim Shephard.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I made an adjustment so the menu button doesn't popup if you touch the map within the last couple of seconds.

As of today, it's done fairly well by apple:

United States iPad > Board > New & Noteworthy
United States iPad > Board > What's Hot
United States iPad > Strategy > New & Noteworthy
United States iPad > Strategy > What's Hot
United States iPhone > Board > New & Noteworthy
United States iPhone > Strategy > New & Noteworthy

plus another 200 or so lists in other countries.

http://www.appannie.com/annexation/

I am adding a tutorial right now as well.

I could increase the zoom level on the iPhone btw, but I'm not sure that will help.

If it means anything, I myself play exclusively on the iPhone with zoom out and never have a problem selecting hexes to go to. Admittedly, I've played a few games as you can well imagine..
Old 01-19-2011, 03:21 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Congrats.
I admit I am still playing the beta build .... waiting for buying a new gift card!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:34 PM

FPE - sent you a promo code in your PM!

If anyone else is interested in real time strategy games and is willing to give me thorough feedback on the game, you have a promo code waiting for you as well. Just post to this thread and let me know you're interested in participating.

Thanks everyone. I'm a small indie dev and I really appreciate all the support I have gotten on TouchArcade so far.

Cheers,

Tim.

Last edited by blazespinnaker; 01-19-2011 at 03:37 PM..
Old 01-19-2011, 03:40 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I replied .... thanks a lot but please give the code to somebody else, I want to buy the game. I was lucky to beta test it, so I know I like it
Safe buy!

UPDATe: I bought .... so you can still use the code you sent me! And now I need to steal the gift card of my wife

Last edited by FPE; 01-19-2011 at 03:56 PM..
Old 01-19-2011, 04:05 PM

Gotta say, I bought it just based on the feedback here already. At $0.99, it was a no-brainer.

Small things:
1) let me resign and quit a game (couldn't figure out how to get back to the main menu other than quitting the whole app)

2) rather than a "confirm" button, I'd let the user double-tap the final hex to move to

3) speed controls?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsthompson View Post
Small things:
1) let me resign and quit a game (couldn't figure out how to get back to the main menu other than quitting the whole app)
Cheers. I just tested this and when I go resign, the defeated scroll pops up with a Back Button. Were you thinking something different?

There has been an issue with people exiting the app rather than resigning during online games.

Quote:
2) rather than a "confirm" button, I'd let the user double-tap the final hex to move to
This is an interesting idea.. I'll test that. The only concern I have is accidental double tapping which could get frustrating.

Quote:
3) speed controls?
[/quote]

Yeah, others have asked for this. I am adding a tutorial which I hope will help with this. I could add something in the settings for it, which would probably work.

Thanks for the feedback!