When does Apple update New and Noteworthy?

01-18-2011, 09:38 AM
When does Apple update New and Noteworthy?

I've seen people say Tuesday and Thursdays.

Does anyone know the correct day/time?

Thanks,

Trey
01-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Thursday I believe?

01-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Usually thursday,
But around Xmas/ Holiday and stuff like that it's been tuesday on occassion...

Assyria Game Studio -(For Business Enquieries Click Here)

Get normally paid games for FREE at DailyAppDream.com - If any developers want to run a free promo on any of their games then check out the site (it's free)
05-22-2012, 07:04 PM
if it's Thursday, when is the best day to launch so that it gets featured on Thursday? Some say Wednesday.
05-23-2012, 05:32 AM
@metalbean
you receieved some good replies in your own topic regarding this question, why are you asking again here?

The link posted by approcketeer was very interesting

05-23-2012, 11:15 PM
@nvx, u're right, somehow my mind just diverted to the other question on a separate post
05-24-2012, 05:02 AM
Best night to release is Wednesday night 12am..technically thursday I guess.

And the new and noteworthy list is updated Friday morning..
I always check friday morning to see what's been featured.

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave
05-25-2012, 04:41 AM
Snozberry, where are you exactly?

I hear in China it's updated on Friday, and Thursday in U.S. But with a 10+ time difference between Beijing and U.S west coast, I suspect they are actually the same time.
05-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Later in the day on Thursday in the US.

But that chart that was posted makes me wonder - more games in the Top 240 were released on a Sunday. And not every game in the New and Noteworthy was released that Wed/Thurs - many were released earlier in the week.

This week's for instance MIB3 and Cuboid Free and Oh Cube were released nearly a week prior. Some of the games are only updates from the day or two before and in one case 8 days before (in other words not new but certainly noteworthy).

I think there is much more to it than just day of the week it is released.
05-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Later in the day on Thursday in the US.

But that chart that was posted makes me wonder - more games in the Top 240 were released on a Sunday. And not every game in the New and Noteworthy was released that Wed/Thurs - many were released earlier in the week.

This week's for instance MIB3 and Cuboid Free and Oh Cube were released nearly a week prior. Some of the games are only updates from the day or two before and in one case 8 days before (in other words not new but certainly noteworthy).

I think there is much more to it than just day of the week it is released.
I was thinking the same thing. A lot of people are saying Thursday is the best, but then there is that study that showed Sunday is actually better. But I do agree, I think there is more to it then just day for the release.