★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

NBA Jam on iPad?

02-10-2011, 01:23 PM
NBA Jam on iPad?

Anyone know if theyre planning on porting NBA Jam to the iPad? I was so excited to see it on the iPhone and would just LOVE an HD version!
02-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazypills77 View Post
Anyone know if theyre planning on porting NBA Jam to the iPad? I was so excited to see it on the iPhone and would just LOVE an HD version!
I've looked everywhere on the Internet and could not find anything but the iPhone versions looks and plays pretty good

02-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Just wait a month or two. The same thing happened to UMK3.
02-10-2011, 05:42 PM
loved that game back in the day, but I'm going to hold off until a iPad version comes out. My eyes will thank me later, I know it.

---
| iPad OS 7.x | Game Center: stalingraad |
02-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broeken View Post
loved that game back in the day, but I'm going to hold off until a iPad version comes out. My eyes will thank me later, I know it.
I purchased the iPhone version and played it on my iPad, not bad, so if it does go on sale I would recommend picking it up. It is a little pixelated, but pretty good versus other iPhone apps on the iPad.
02-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Jailbreak w/ greenp0ison then install the cydia app "retinapad" it'll force the ipad to run the game at retina resolution (960xsomething) instead of doubling the regular size iphone screen (when you have to 2x it).
02-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balicus View Post
Jailbreak w/ greenp0ison then install the cydia app "retinapad" it'll force the ipad to run the game at retina resolution (960xsomething) instead of doubling the regular size iphone screen (when you have to 2x it).
The results using retinapad are absolutely stunning. I'm actually quite angry that Apple has not adopted this yet.

02-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
I purchased the iPhone version and played it on my iPad, not bad, so if it does go on sale I would recommend picking it up. It is a little pixelated, but pretty good versus other iPhone apps on the iPad.
Hmmm I may have to plunk the cash down now.

---
| iPad OS 7.x | Game Center: stalingraad |
02-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamcan View Post
The results using retinapad are absolutely stunning. I'm actually quite angry that Apple has not adopted this yet.

Spamcan, Thank you, just did the JB, which I was hesitant. DL the retinapad and I have a whole new love for iPhone games on the iPad! NBA Jam is AWESOME with the retinapad! Worth every penny and makes me want to play my older games! Thanks again for the suggestion!
02-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broeken View Post
Hmmm I may have to plunk the cash down now.
Broeken, I would suggest doing the same, your iPhone games will have new life, just a suggestion. I'm glad I did it!