Support our Sponsors:
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 PM
crazypills77 crazypills77 is offline
Junior Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 24
Default NBA Jam on iPad?

Anyone know if theyre planning on porting NBA Jam to the iPad? I was so excited to see it on the iPhone and would just LOVE an HD version!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Howlingwolf Howlingwolf is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Uk
Posts: 2,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazypills77 View Post
Anyone know if theyre planning on porting NBA Jam to the iPad? I was so excited to see it on the iPhone and would just LOVE an HD version!
I've looked everywhere on the Internet and could not find anything but the iPhone versions looks and plays pretty good
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Curleh Mustache Curleh Mustache is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 995
Default

Just wait a month or two. The same thing happened to UMK3.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2011, 05:42 PM
broeken broeken is offline
Member
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
Default

loved that game back in the day, but I'm going to hold off until a iPad version comes out. My eyes will thank me later, I know it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2011, 05:53 PM
sugimulm sugimulm is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The last time zone for iOS game releases :(
Posts: 1,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broeken View Post
loved that game back in the day, but I'm going to hold off until a iPad version comes out. My eyes will thank me later, I know it.
I purchased the iPhone version and played it on my iPad, not bad, so if it does go on sale I would recommend picking it up. It is a little pixelated, but pretty good versus other iPhone apps on the iPad.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2011, 07:42 PM
balicus balicus is offline
Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 56
Default

Jailbreak w/ greenp0ison then install the cydia app "retinapad" it'll force the ipad to run the game at retina resolution (960xsomething) instead of doubling the regular size iphone screen (when you have to 2x it).
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Spamcan Spamcan is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The distant future year 1999
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balicus View Post
Jailbreak w/ greenp0ison then install the cydia app "retinapad" it'll force the ipad to run the game at retina resolution (960xsomething) instead of doubling the regular size iphone screen (when you have to 2x it).
The results using retinapad are absolutely stunning. I'm actually quite angry that Apple has not adopted this yet.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-11-2011, 06:36 AM
broeken broeken is offline
Member
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
I purchased the iPhone version and played it on my iPad, not bad, so if it does go on sale I would recommend picking it up. It is a little pixelated, but pretty good versus other iPhone apps on the iPad.
Hmmm I may have to plunk the cash down now.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-11-2011, 05:07 PM
sugimulm sugimulm is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The last time zone for iOS game releases :(
Posts: 1,449
Default Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamcan View Post
The results using retinapad are absolutely stunning. I'm actually quite angry that Apple has not adopted this yet.

Spamcan, Thank you, just did the JB, which I was hesitant. DL the retinapad and I have a whole new love for iPhone games on the iPad! NBA Jam is AWESOME with the retinapad! Worth every penny and makes me want to play my older games! Thanks again for the suggestion!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-11-2011, 05:09 PM
sugimulm sugimulm is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The last time zone for iOS game releases :(
Posts: 1,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broeken View Post
Hmmm I may have to plunk the cash down now.
Broeken, I would suggest doing the same, your iPhone games will have new life, just a suggestion. I'm glad I did it!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent