★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: PRESS REVIEWS
GamePro [5/5] - its downright delightful, through and through
AppSpy [5/5] - simple, cute and fun - almost everything you could want in a mobile game
MobileTechReview [5/5] - a must buy game, I recommend this to everyone
IGN [8/10] - hours of endlessly re-playable fun
148apps [4/5] - the game looks absolutely fantastic, and the gameplay is really fun
TouchArcade - you cant really go wrong with Land-a Panda
Kotaku - cute, cuddly, and ready to both please and tease your mind for hours on end
QualityIndex.com'sTop 10 games list of March 2011

The worlds panda population is in decline, and your help is needed! Assist the lovestruck Yang Guang (male panda) to meet with his dream partner Tian Tian (female panda), in this highly innovative puzzle game. With a unique gameplay mechanic, a wide variety of levels, and beautiful High Definition graphics, Land-a Panda is one App Store title you wont want to miss!

ACTION PACKED
Land-a Panda combines fast action based gameplay with puzzle mechanics, and a simple and intuitive touch control system. Launching Yang Guang from a cannon is as simple as tapping on it, although as you progress more complex objects are introduced, making your timing and planning ever more crucial.

LOVE IS IN THE AIR
Unfortunately its not quite as simple as getting Yang Guang to meet with Tian Tian. If you dont collect any of the golden love coins on your way, Tian Tian will not be impressed! To get maximum points (and love!) you must collect all three golden coins in each level, while avoiding a variety of enemies and obstacles along the way.

TIMING IS EVERYTHING!
Reaching Tian Tian will not always be easy, with a multitude of different cannons and obstacles to traverse Yang Guang through in order to reach his soul mate. From moving and rotating cannons, to teleports and spooky ghosts to avoid, youll need to master a number of skills to impress this fine lady.

STUNNING HD GRAPHICS
Yang Guang will travel through a number of different worlds, each of which is presented in bright and colourful High Definition Retina graphics. Easy to learn but difficult to master, can you collect all the golden coins and win the heart of the gorgeous Tian Tian?

FOLLOW US
twitter.com/BigPixelStudios
facebook.com/BigPixelStudios

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/land-a-panda-hd-lite/id420627152?mt=8

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=86785
03-09-2011, 09:29 AM
I love your previous game so I am very excited to get this when it comes out. The gameplay is both unique and has a real visual flair.

[infiniDy] US Warfare is out! $0.99 Launch Sale - http://bit.ly/ezOgVe Enter the $100 contest on TA - http://bit.ly/gRoSle
100,000 Wallpapers is free now http://bit.ly/eomJq3 Enter $50-150 contest on TA - http://bit.ly/hMT7r4

03-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Posted in the iPhone game thread:

Very impressed with the high level of polishness. I love how OF is integrated into the game's UI. I was so pleasantly surprised by the panda popup notifying me that a fellow OF friend was online.

Overall really nice game. Fun, evenly paced and addictive. A perfect example of how casual games should be. I'll be paying close attention to Big Pixel Studios from now on.

By the way I'm playing the HD version and it looks slendid on iPad.
03-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Posted in the iPhone game thread:

Very impressed with the high level of polishness. I love how OF is integrated into the game's UI. I was so pleasantly surprised by the panda popup notifying me that a fellow OF friend was online.

Overall really nice game. Fun, evenly paced and addictive. A perfect example of how casual games should be. I'll be paying close attention to Big Pixel Studios from now on.

By the way I'm playing the HD version and it looks slendid on iPad.
Thanks for the kind comments, it's always great hearing from people who are enjoying our games
03-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Oh wow you guys this is just the kind of easy access fun game I like! The graphics are so cute (all your graphics in your games are superb!) and the gameplay is superb!!! Thanks for making this for my iPad! Now I cannot choose between Piyo2 and this! :-)
03-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Just read the iPhone version thread, then came here since I plan to get an iPad 2 soon (when I can find one!).

QUESTION: why does the iPad version cost twice as much?!

Same game? Same content? Bad enough it's not universal, but twice the price on iPad? Yes, I'm new to iPad app pricing - never really paid attention much until the iPad 2 came along. But seems unfair. I mean, it's basically just the iPhone game with slightly higher resolution, right?
03-15-2011, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post

QUESTION: why does the iPad version cost twice as much?!
Hi Chocolate,

I'll try my best to explain our pricing structure.

We were going to make it a universal app, and to make it financially viable for us we'd have to price it at $2.99 (the same as most of our other games normally cost). However, to compete in the iPhone charts, we really need to be priced at the lowest price point of $0.99, especially as a small indie developer (the big guys can get away with charging a bit more).

Therefore we decided to produce 2 versions of the game, one for iPad and one for iPhone. That way, we can compete with the iPhone market by pricing at $0.99, and those users who want to play on the iPad as well, can purchase it for $1.99 (which is still pretty competitive pricing wise in the iPad market).

So even if you wanted to play on both the iPhone and iPad, you'd still only pay the price that a universal version of the game was going to cost anyway

And personally, I think the iPad version is worth the extra dollar - everything is chunkier and clearer on the screen, and I find it plays slightly better due to the sizing.

I know from a user perspective, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But just bear in mind how difficult it is for small developers like us to get visibility in the App Store, and to make a living from it.

Hope that comes across right! But if do you have any questions just ask.

Cheers
03-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pixel View Post
Hi Chocolate,

I'll try my best to explain our pricing structure.

We were going to make it a universal app, and to make it financially viable for us we'd have to price it at $2.99 (the same as most of our other games normally cost). However, to compete in the iPhone charts, we really need to be priced at the lowest price point of $0.99, especially as a small indie developer (the big guys can get away with charging a bit more).

Therefore we decided to produce 2 versions of the game, one for iPad and one for iPhone. That way, we can compete with the iPhone market by pricing at $0.99, and those users who want to play on the iPad as well, can purchase it for $1.99 (which is still pretty competitive pricing wise in the iPad market).

So even if you wanted to play on both the iPhone and iPad, you'd still only pay the price that a universal version of the game was going to cost anyway

And personally, I think the iPad version is worth the extra dollar - everything is chunkier and clearer on the screen, and I find it plays slightly better due to the sizing.

I know from a user perspective, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But just bear in mind how difficult it is for small developers like us to get visibility in the App Store, and to make a living from it.

Hope that comes across right! But if do you have any questions just ask.

Cheers

Great reply

Just picked up the iPad version

Now Playing: This War of Mine | Motorsport Manager | Hearthstone
03-15-2011, 11:18 AM
It looks, feels and plays like a premium title from one of the 'big boys' and it looks ab-so-lutely gorgeous on the iPad. It's more than worth the price. Premium games like these usually cost more to begin with. I have no problem with the iPad pricing. You get a LOT of value for your money with Land A Panda HD.

I totally recommend it. (As do I recommend Piyo Blocks 2 for the iPad which is KING of the puzzle games for me).
03-15-2011, 12:32 PM
PS @BigPixel:

I have an idea for an extra world: UNDERWATER WORLD. With water fx and possibly slower water delayed physics to add something extra hard in a future update?! Wouldnt that be awesome?