★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Electronic Arts
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 444.2 MB
  • Version: 1.13.01
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Are you ready for the ultimate racing experience for iOS? Optimized specifically for iPad and iPad 2, Real Racing 2 HD is a heart-pounding, visually astounding 3D racer that puts the steering wheel directly in your hands. The expansive, 10-plus hour career mode and extensive, one-of-a-kind multiplayer means the fight for first place is never over.

PRAISE FOR REAL RACING 2 HD

Spectacular CNET
Real Racing 2 is without a doubt the best racing game for the iPad. IGN
The visuals have an air of sublime perfection about them." Phone Mantra
Unrivaled in the App Store. No DPad
No other portable racer offers nearly as robust and refined an experience as Real Racing 2 HD. MacLife.com
"The enhanced multiplayer features take what already was one of the top iOS racing games and ushers it into a new era for mobile gaming." Macworld
92 Metascore Metacritic.com

UNSURPASSED, CUTTING-EDGE 3D VISUALS

Relish exceptional, luscious graphics that push the iPad to its limits, and take full advantage of the iPad 2's enhanced hardware.

BOUNDLESS, IMMERSIVE GAMEPLAY

30 licensed cars from real-world manufacturers. 15 stunning locations. Regular updates supply a stream of new events, improvements and features.

WORLD CLASS CAREER MODE

Over 10 hours of Cup, Head to Head, Championship, Time Trial and Elimination races await your expert skills.

INTUITIVE PRECISION CONTROLS

Take the wheel as your iPad becomes the ultimate racing implement. Come to grips with unerring handling on iPad 2, thanks to full gyroscope support.

THRILLING MULTIPLAYER

Compete over local Wi-Fi or online with players of Real Racing 2 HD and Real Racing 2, and experience pioneering 16-player online multiplayer.

Play wirelessly on your HD TV through AirPlay and an Apple TV, challenge friends to a split screen multiplayer race with Party Play and enjoy enhanced visuals for second and third generation iPads!

TAKE THE RACE ONLINE

Track your progress against the world's top racers using Game Center and Firemint's Cloudcell technology. Record and upload videos of your best to YouTube for max kudos.

DRIVE ANYWHERE, ANYTIME

Upload and download your save games between Real Racing 2 HD and Real Racing so your progress is always synced.

Real Racing 2 HD is the racing game to own. Buy now, or "Gift this App" to a friend and introduce them to the greatest racing experience on iOS.

--------------------------------------------------------------
* For more information or support please visit
http://www.firemint.com
---------------------------------------------------------------

salsamd's comments:
iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

03-11-2011, 12:08 AM
We're very excited to be launching Real Racing 2 HD for iPad and iPad 2

Join the Real Racing Facebook page for the latest Real Racing 2 news: link

Wow. Getting an iPad 2 tomorrow if all goes well. I wonder how many games will release updates to support the extra horse power. Dead Space has an update. Real Raing 2 may be hard to resist!
Soo can't wait to get this when I bring home my iPad 2 tomorrow

That was quick Firemint, didn't expect this!

GameLoft: xRylinx | GameCenter: Rylin |
Currently playing: Real Racing 3, GT Racing 2, Oceanhorn
Waiting for: N/A
Owner of: iPad 3 64GB, Galaxy Note 3
03-11-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm actually curious myself with what has been enhanced to take advantage of the iPad 2's capabilities

03-11-2011, 12:13 AM
• Gorgeous, high-fidelity graphics on iPad 2: full-screen anti-aliasing, building window reflections, high-detail objects and surfaces and fully-modeled vehicle interiors

• iPad 2 gyroscope support for exceptional steering and handling

http://firemint.com/real-racing-2-hd-features/

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
niceeee.....
@firemint : since i already have rr2 for iphone 4, i just curious what feature will be on rr2 HD that will support ipad 2 graphics advantage?

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
03-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Full anti-aliasing with higher detailed objects - I'm sold

03-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamd View Post
Gorgeous, high-fidelity graphics on iPad 2: full-screen anti-aliasing, building window reflections, high-detail objects and surfaces and fully-modeled vehicle interiors
having just learned what anti-aliasing actually does makes me appreciate just a bit more the effort you guys put into this
03-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Someone should post a decent video to convince me I should get this instead of sticking with the standard edition+RetinaPad
03-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Note: Firemint has intimated an HDMI output update for RR2 HD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiso View Post
Someone should post a decent video to convince me I should get this instead of sticking with the standard edition+RetinaPad

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."