★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best Minesweeper Game?

04-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Best Minesweeper Game?

What's the best/hardest minesweeper game in the App Store? I've been playing touchmines, but I don't think the promised updates will ever come. So, I've been looking into different versions. Mines In Space looked OK, but I don't want side mini-games, I just want a great minesweeper. Minesmaniak was great (the lite version), but only had a 12x12 board at max. Also, I kind of like good graphics/good style in the game (i.e. not like Minesweeper Classic)

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!!

Pro-79
04-03-2009, 12:05 PM
My favourite is Mines in Space.

A Friend In Need Is A Pest

Plus+:PrivateJoker

04-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Mines In Space was what I chose. Great graphics. Achievements.

There really aren't side mini-games. There are just several variations of the game which helps to make this offering better than the rest (in my opinion). You can choose to play the variations or stick with what you know. I did not see any other Minesweeper clone that offered much more than a straight game of Minesweeper and this one offers more.

The one negative is having to scroll around the board. I'm not sure how the other games deal with this. You don't see the entire board on a screen so you have to scroll around. I've gotten used to it, but it makes it a bit different from what I'm used to under Windows.
04-03-2009, 12:57 PM
+1 on "Mines In Spaces" from me...

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox
04-03-2009, 12:57 PM
I would def' give Mines-In-Space a try. It had me completely addicted for three weeks.
04-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Wish someone would make a Orginal Mine Sweeper port?
04-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Mines in Space is definately the best

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
04-03-2009, 01:28 PM
I rather like Sweep! actually. It's different -- not your average Minesweeper game. There's a free lite version to try it out. The visuals may not be incredibly blingy but I think they work well, and the gameplay is great.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
04-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Mines in Space is extremely well done. I enjoy the mine sweeper variations it provides as well.
04-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Boom! is my favorite by far. Has many board sizes and many choices for amount of bombs.

16gb iPod Touch 2G Plus+ ID- ZZMitch
Last Bought- Pirate Bay, ARKANOID, GeoDefense Swarm, ORBITAL, Word Ace.
Waiting for-GTA:CW, Plants Vs. Zombies, Assassin's Creed II, Riddim Ribbon and Nova.