Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-22-2011, 10:55 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Default Forget-Me-Not (by Nyarlu Labs)

TouchArcade Review: http://toucharcade.com/2011/03/22/fo...man-and-rogue/

Last edited by Prab; 03-23-2011 at 04:21 AM..
Old 03-22-2011, 11:19 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This looks so cool but I am confused by one aspect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excerpt from Description
.oO( Shuffle ) - Oh no! Space/time has gone higgledy-piggledy. Play through levels in random order.

Procedurally generated, screen-wrapping, destructible mazes. Tiny little pixelly graphics and zappy retro sound effects.
If the mazes are randomly generated what is meant by playing them in any sort of "order"? What I'd IMAGINE this means is that while the mazes are procedurally generated, they tend to get more and more complex in later stages and in the Shuffle mode you might be presented with a very late stage map only to have it immediately followed by an early one and so on (i.e. not the normal ramping).
Old 03-22-2011, 11:48 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Oh cool, thanks for posting up my game metalcasket!

LordGek: That's basically right, except it's not the complexity of the mazes which ramps up in later levels (any level can be large or small, simple or complex), more and different kinds of enemies appear in different cycles / ranges of levels, and the enemy spawn rate also increases in cycles.. So shuffle mode is extra randomised, it tends to be harder than normal mode because you might run into some high level enemies immediately.

Here's the gameplay video which is linked in the description. It shows shuffle mode..

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by nyarla; 03-22-2011 at 11:53 AM..
Old 03-22-2011, 11:53 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarla View Post

LordGek: That's basically right, except it's not the complexity of the mazes which ramps up in later levels (any level can be large or small, simple or complex), more and different kinds of enemies appear in different cycles / ranges of levels, and the enemy spawn rate also increases in cycles.. So shuffle mode is extra randomised, it tends to be harder than normal mode because you might run into some high level enemies immediately.
Cool...so messed up that it's just my kind of wrong!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:03 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

This is really tickling my retro trigger. I've got the feeling I might cave in and buy it at some point today. The only thing it seems is missing (from the video at least) is a more exciting soundtrack. The gameplay makes me think of an evolved Pac-Man CE but it doesn't quite have the tripped-out beats to go with it.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:39 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Hey, no problem! Came across F-M-N and was wondering why there wasn't already thread for it.

I've always been a sucker for retro games, so it was a no-brainer picking this one up. Great little game you have here! Now only if I could get off the phone with the girlfriend and actually play some more.

Just a little thought/nitpicking: Why is the game named "Forget.Me.Not" and not "Forget-Me-Not" on actual devices?
Old 03-22-2011, 12:40 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX
This is really tickling my retro trigger. I've got the feeling I might cave in and buy it at some point today. The only thing it seems is missing (from the video at least) is a more exciting soundtrack. The gameplay makes me think of an evolved Pac-Man CE but it doesn't quite have the tripped-out beats to go with it.
Ah there is no music, just sound effects. They're quite lively sound effects though I usually just listen to other music while playing.. But hmm, maybe I should add some in-game music? If i come up with some suitable tracks I'll add 'em in an update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket
Just a little thought/nitpicking: Why is the game named "Forget.Me.Not" and not "Forget-Me-Not" on actual devices?
A silly reason. The dash characters are too wide. If it was called "Forget-Me-Not" it would appear as something like "Forge...ot", which is just ugly.

In other news: I've just learned that Forget-Me-Not crashes on 1st gen iPod Touches.. Doh! I think I've figured out the problem. Current version should work fine on anything which supports Game Center... I'll do an expedited bugfix update tomorrow hopefully, so it'll work on older devices... just gotta test it first. If you have a 1st gen touch you might wanna hold off grabbing it... I'll post when I'm sure it's fixed.

Last edited by nyarla; 03-22-2011 at 12:43 PM..
Old 03-22-2011, 12:52 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Wow!

This game is freaky fun!

Pac-Man with a gun in random mazes with a variety of enemies and a twisted take on power pills (there are none, you need to scrape against the walls to charge yourself up...but even then must be careful not to over charge or you might blow up).

Something also way too twisted in a good way is how the scoring from gathering pellets works. No longer is it some silly 10 points per pellet but a clever progressive scoring based on how many pellets you're able to gather in a row without a break. So, amidst all of the chaos of spawning baddies, you're trying to find a patch you can take through the maze that will have you gathering as many pellets as possible in an unbroken run. The points gathered this way can be massive! Pickup some 4 pellets in a row and get 16 points, but collect half the maze in one continuous run and you could be looking at 4,000 points or more (the points from the run are added until you end the current run).
Old 03-22-2011, 12:56 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
A silly reason. The dash characters are too wide. If it was called "Forget-Me-Not" it would appear as something like "Forge...ot", which is just ugly.
Haha, I figured and yeah...it definitely would be ugly. Maybe have it as F-M-N?
Old 03-22-2011, 12:58 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Forget.Me.Not looks alright to me, maybe even ForgetMeNot. Not too keen on F-M-N though, I like to keep the full names where possible.