Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 03-22-2011, 01:55 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Any good paid marketing services?

I'm not even sure if people have tried them, but is there any good iOS specific marketing services that generally do things right to get your app visibility?

I'm thinking $800~ maybe more if people have good feedback on these type of services.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:04 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Not really in a position to suggest anything, but just keep in mind you get what you pay for, like anything in life. It seems like there's an immense amount of "PR" people who are willing to promote your game for a couple hundred bucks (or less) that have basically no qualifications other than knowing how to spam TouchArcade.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to helioxfilm

Hodapp,

from the reviewer point of view, what do you expect from a good (paid) marketing service? Or in other words, what do you consider as a good service? For me it seems spamming TA is not a good service :-)

Best,
Gyula
Old 03-22-2011, 03:16 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Honestly I think most of what these low-dollar PR services do could be accomplished by the developer just posting a thread that they pay attention to on the TA forums. If a game can't generate interest here amongst our community, all the press releases in the world won't make people interested.

TriplePoint, Spark PR, and other "real" PR consultants can do some real good, but you'll also pay some real money for their services.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I am (was) thinking to use PRWeb twice. Once a pre-launch campaign (USD 80), and when the game is ready, to pay once more, but that time for the biggest package... But I will check your suggestion as well..., thanks...
Old 03-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

However, the question rise: which service to choose? If I understand correctly Spardian question, let's say we have 800 bucks to spend on marketing – but whom we trust? If I compare how many twitter followers have PRWeb, TriplePointPR and Spark PR, or compare them at Compete.com, PRWEB has a much higher follower base or page visits than the other two. At the same time, the other two advertise themself especially as expert in our field of interest, tech, social media etc, they like to work with indies (as TriplePoint sais).

So how to chose among these three? I apologize to hijack the thread from Spardian, but I'm in the same shoes...
Old 03-22-2011, 06:03 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

ispreadnews.com is pretty good and cheap
Old 03-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Banned
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Honestly I dont think you should spend money on the marketing. I hope you come back to this thread and see this. I tell you what does really work though . Before you launch follow these directions and you will be way better off and have money in your pocket.
1) Hit all major forums that have heavy lurker traffic , before you launch your game
www.148apps.com
www.freshapps.com
www.iphone4forum.net
www.ipodtouchfans.com
www.nodpad.com
Also go to the social sites like www.Mocospace.com and facebook.
On mocospace go to the gamer and teen rooms 1st and promote then hit the other rooms.
2) Go on google type " list of 30 iphone bloggers"
a link should come up with list email addresses of 30 iphone bloggers. Pick maybe 20 of them and send them promo codes for them to review your game.
3) When your game is release go back to all those websites and open a new topic saying you game is released . Also go to PRmac.com and do a $20 press release.
Basically you just did $500 worth of marketing without spending $800 dollars they just charged you. Yes it takes about total of 8-10 hours to do the steps I showed you but its worth it and you only spent $20 bucks. How this helps you and everyone else.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Developer
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Sounds as a good plan :-) Thanks...
Old 03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Nice info. I'm gonna follow your list and spend that $500 on iPad 2

Last edited by tofusoup; 03-23-2011 at 12:44 PM..