TouchArcade is looking for writers!
Well, technically speaking we're always looking for writers, but we figured we'd make it official and actually put out a casting call for TouchArcade forum members to get more involved in the site. Think you've got what it takes? Read on!
First off, the nitty-gritty requirements:
- Must be 18+ years old.
- Own at least a 3rd generation iOS device.
- At least 6 hours a week to commit to playing games and writing about them.
- Some kind of industry-centric writing experience.
Our ideal candidate(s) would be someone with a history of PC/console gaming who is knowledgeable of both retro and modern games. Since the advent of the App Store, they've been following the day to day releases of games, knows the history of iOS game releases, and can recollect past favorites as well as identify and appreciate inspirations in recent releases as the iOS world continues to evolve. We also need you to have good writing skills, be able to provide balanced and well thought out gameplay evaluations, and meet agreed upon deadlines. You should already be reading TouchArcade daily, and you should be able to easily adapt to both the tone and the writing style of the site.
If this sounds like you, send us an email at email@example.com with the subject "TouchArcade Job". Also include the following:
- A brief resume with a bio and any applicable writing/gaming experience. In addition, include your age, location, and current employment.
- Links to existing published reviews.
- Favorite iPhone games, game genres you prefer as well as genres or game types you tend to avoid.
- Realistic availability estimate, what time of the day you'd prefer to work, and how many articles per week you see yourself writing.
This would be a part time freelance position paid in US dollars. We're open to international applicants, as long as you're open to being compensated in USD. Since we're a proper legit company, US citizens will need to fill out a 1099 and other associated tax documentation to be a bonafide worker.
Last edited by Eli; 04-30-2012 at 03:53 PM.