App description: ***FEATURING THE VOICE OF BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH***
***NOMINATED FOR TWO BAFTA GAME AWARDS 2012***

Youve been stranded on a dying spacecraft, spiralling into a black hole and then your problems really start. The Nightjar is an incredible video game with no video, featuring the voice of Benedict Cumberbatch (Star Trek Into Darkness, Sherlock, War Horse).

Youll have to see with your ears, using only sound to survive all that deep space has to throw at you The Nightjar has world-beating sound design and incredible 3D audio technology. From the moment the crew of the Nightjar run for their lives (leaving you behind in a malfunctioning airlock), youll find yourself immersed in one of the most realistic game worlds ever created.

To progress, explore using only what you can hear to navigate. Deal with the surprises you meet as you move. Defeat ... well, you'll find out ...

CAN YOU BELIEVE YOUR LYING EARS?

Requires headphones

***iPhone 6+ is not supported, but the game works perfectly on iPhone 4S, 5, 5C and 6 and iPad 2 upwards.***

The Nightjar may well be the best game ever made for headphones and is a sensory experience youll never forget, made by a team thats won more than a dozen awards including BAFTA, IMGA, Sony, GSMA and D&AD awards.

The game is 100% accessible for those who typically use VoiceOver, too.

dalbertson's comments:
Has anyone been able to try this out?
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/the-nightjar/id431598741?mt=8&ls=1
04-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Looks like a scifi story with the same style of gameplay as Papa Sangre. Cool.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind

05-16-2011, 06:19 AM

Official Trailer:

HD Gameplay Trailer:

Note:

If you don`t get that Game when it will hit the other iTunes Stores you will miss one of the best Game Experience on the iDevices i can currently think of...

Sanuku

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-10-2013 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Removed the [center][youtube] Tags and replaced them with [hdyoutube]
05-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Coming out to the singapore store anytime soon ?

Please support these indie developers for putting in so much effort and making what is known as a hidden gem .

ChaoticBox - Silverfish Cat in a Box Games - Red Conquest!
05-16-2011, 06:41 AM
Huh? It's free in the UK and already out? Stange.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
05-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Huh? It's free in the UK and already out? Stange.
ipad version came out about 2 weeks ago. dl'd but haven't felt like playing it yet.
05-16-2011, 06:57 AM

Current platforms: Mac, PS3, iPod 4th Gen, and iPad 3rd Gen
05-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Not in the NZ AppStore.

Why is this free? The app description doesn't say anything about IAP's.

řƹȡ1
05-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the gameplay trailer. Very interesting.

Seems like it's free because 5 gum is sponsoring.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
05-16-2011, 08:13 AM
As far as I know its not available in the US, I downloaded it a couple weeks ago with a UK account (its free) but haven't been able to put much time into it (*cough* Order and Chaos *cough*). But I do know that it took about 5 times to get through the audio intro without crashing. I have asked numerous times if it would be available in the US but haven't heard anything yet. I'm assuming that since its sponsored by 5 gum that they are deciding when and where it should be made available.

P.S. if you watched the semi recent BBC Sherlock you'll recognize the main voice as Benedict Cumberbatch.