App description: Legends of Yore is a casual rogue like designed for mobile platforms. Choose your character and adventure through the dungeons, gaining levels and experience to eventually become a hero.

The game is free to play until level 20, where you can purchase an upgrade. If you don't choose to upgrade you can continue playing but with limited gold and experience gains.

starjimstar's comments:

This was later released:

(Full game without IAP - but if you got the free and added the IAP you don't need to get this version)
05-03-2011, 05:01 AM
Pretty good day for Roguelikes...first the update to 100 Rogues, then the good-looking Pitman was released, and now this comes out for free.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

05-03-2011, 05:56 AM
This game is pretty cool I've only played for about 30 mins so far but it's looking good
05-03-2011, 06:11 AM
I am definitely intrigued. Looks like a Nethack variant, given that it has a shop. Awesome! Definitely going to give this a go.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Hi,

Just to mention there will be additional content for this game soon in an update. Also I apologise for the issues some people are having on early iPhone/Pod variants - I'm working to get these fixed as soon as possible.

Kev
05-03-2011, 07:55 AM
Looks great - any plans for a Universal or iPad release?
05-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Did anyone make an account? There is a "login" button but I don't see any information about what it does
05-03-2011, 08:03 AM
The version up at the moment should be compatible with as far back at 3.1.4 and with iPads.

Kev
05-03-2011, 08:04 AM
You don't need to use the login button if you don't want to save your games anywhere but on your phone. The game is actually playable on the web (http://www.legendsofyore.com) and on Android, along with iOS. Creating an account and saving your games to the internet lets you play your same adventure on the web and any of your devices.

Save games in the cloud

Kev
05-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevglass View Post

Save games in the cloud
Hopefully not Sony's cloud : D

But current-events jokes aside, this looks like an awesome game. Big fan of roguelikes.

I've placed geocached DRM-free USB copies of my newest game in various locations throughout Europe and Southeastern US. Email me if you find 'em for the free "explorer" cape.