Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-17-2011, 06:59 AM
iPad

Default ▲ ▲ ▲ Tri-Tri-Triobelisk ▲ ▲ ▲

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

TA Review: http://toucharcade.com/2011/05/25/tr...belisk-review/

Quote:
A faster and more extreme version of the infamous iPad dueling game "Shot Shot Shoot". Special introductory price $1!

▲ ▲ ▲ PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE ▲ ▲ ▲

Triobelisk, the warrior monk and bard of the cosmos, shifts his viewport from his pyramidal craft cloaked in a nebulous cloud of the Osirion system. With anticipation he observes the culmination of the 33rd Theatre and final battles of the Trigon space war. An event at the edges of the universe between forces unleashed by a temporal shift in the fabric of space and time. Negative agents of an alternate time-line known as the Outribes of Lult emerge onboard five identical astral triangular crafts as pilots of the Zoneplex Defendant Paradigmatics. This final act of warfare, encompassing battles on a pan-plex level, holds the outcome of future timelines on the cusp of explosive singularity. One side will be victorious and one side will be sequestered to the outer reaches of the universe, to begin again and attempt to shift the tides of intra-dimensional struggle.

▲ ▲ ▲ MISSION ▲ ▲ ▲

You control five triangular crafts in your legion waging the final battles of the Trigon space war! Play against the computer or against a humanoid (or perhaps another being) in a fast paced strategic top down shooter. A duel of frantic firing, tactics, guile and agility.

Contains an exclusive original soundtrack by electronic musician Triobelisk.

Last edited by Red1; 11-14-2011 at 02:45 PM..
Old 05-17-2011, 07:03 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Looks like Shot Shot Shoot with triangles instead of squares.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:50 AM

It is! But it's also quite different in both pacing and feel. Basically it is more focused on being a really fun party game. Plus it features tons of cool music.

A lot of people here seemed to think that the original game looked too minimalistic and bare bones... maybe this one will suit you better?
Old 05-20-2011, 10:02 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I loved Shot Shot Shoot. What I loved was the clean, simple, mimimalistic design meshed with perfect touch controls. I however, can see how that minimalistic design might not appeal to a large group of people.

I will probably pick this game up as well as it looks fantastic. Are there any different modes or options that were not in Shot Shot Shoot?
Old 05-20-2011, 10:15 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I forgot about this game. It got lost in a flurry of new releases the past two weeks. I'll definitely check it out soon. I liked Shot Shot Shoot.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:14 AM

Right now it's got the same modes that Shot Shot Shoot but we're already working on adding more arcade elements (like power-ups) to TRI-TRI to make it more special. The idea is to keep Shot Shot Shoot like a minimalistic gentlemen's game while TRI-TRI is the crazy over the top version.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:15 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikSvedang View Post
Right now it's got the same modes that Shot Shot Shoot but we're already working on adding more arcade elements (like power-ups) to TRI-TRI to make it more special. The idea is to keep Shot Shot Shoot like a minimalistic gentlemen's game while TRI-TRI is the crazy over the top version.
Yes yes yes... Power ups would be awesome....although I'm not sure what the power ups might do....you've got me intrigued. Perhaps restore a destroyed base? Or switch to different weapons? Or earn a shield which blocks one shot? Or take bullets off your opponent? Or make the opponents bullets move in slo-mo for a few seconds?

Is there anyway to switch to the next music track in tri tri? The music is such a big part of the game, that you could add an arrow to jump to the next track.

Erik, why did you release a separate title instead of just offering two different themes for shot shot shoot?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:13 AM

Thanks for your feedback Red1, great stuff! We have been thinking along the same lines with the power-ups; trying out some ideas right now.

We're gonna add a next song button also

Regarding your question why this isn't just a part of Shot Shot Shoot we simply never thought of it that way. The musician Triobelisk who I made the game together with has his own universe centered around his artist persona, while Shot Shot Shoot is my own darling... together we made something new that is a mix of both of us. Also; the two games are for different people with different sensibilities (the people who love Shot Shot Shoot does not want the game to be tainted with all the craziness of TRI-TRI and vice versa).
Old 05-22-2011, 06:19 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

Cool. Thanks for answering my questions Erik.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:32 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

This might sound stupid- but I think it would be pretty pimp if you could import your own wallpaper from the ipad. There are so many different space/abstract wallpapers that would be amazing w/ this game if you could change the wallpaper and the color of the triangles. Just sayin xD