Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-22-2011, 11:22 PM
iPhone 5s

Default Nuts! From the Creators of TowerMadness

Download Link: http://bit.ly/get-nuts

Nuts!™ is an all new action arcade game from Limbic, the makers of award-winning TowerMadness! Help Jake, your nimble squirrel hero, collect coins, use awesome powerups, and climb to new heights on the majestic Infinitree! All in his desperate search for nuts!

EXPERIENCE JAW-DROPPING 3D RETINA GRAPHICS with Motion Blur!

TILT to DODGE BRANCHES or SMASH right through them.

USE the FIREBALL POWERUP to fly like a rocket or engage your SHIELDS for protection.

WATCH OUT for the slippery ICE ZONE and COLLECT COINS in the CHARRED WASTELAND.

UNLOCK UPGRADES in the STORE so you can climb higher and higher.

COMPETE on the GAME CENTER LEADERBOARD against your friends and family.

SHARE your best scores through Facebook or Email.

*** IMPORTANT ***
DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: Nuts!™ was designed exclusively for iPod Touch 3rd generation 32GB and 64GB models, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, and iPad 2 and requires iOS 4.0 or later to experience.
Attached Images
File Type: png Nuts_Screenshot_Splash.png (606.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png Nuts_Screenshot_PowerUps.png (622.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png Nuts_Screenshot_Zones.png (677.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png Nuts_Screenshot_Store.png (683.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png Nuts_Screenshot_Splash2.png (630.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-22-2011, 11:25 PM
iPad mini

I was hoping for iPad/Universal support since there are already Retina graphics in this! Oh well
Old 05-22-2011, 11:31 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

So the whole tree rotates? It's not just left and right on the same side? Reminds me of the castle levels from Mickey Mania on the SNES.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:33 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

This game looks pretty awesome!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:26 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

TOFTT. Impressions in a little bit.

EDIT: Nothing particularly new and/or exciting, but it's polished, looks great, controls as it should and is pretty cute. Not a fan of the IAPs though...I really don't know why this is becoming a standard in every single f***ing app nowadays.

Oh, and yeah Midian...the whole tree rotates.

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-23-2011 at 03:45 AM..
Old 05-23-2011, 03:54 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default Game Impressions

Ok so i picked this up earlier and so far im enjoying the game a lot.

Graphics and sound .. The graphics and sound are top notch and look stunning on my Iphone 4 Retina screen. Sounds are also well done with the sounds of the squirrels footsteps to the screams as he falls from the tree , there is also the background noise of birds tweeting.

Gameplay... Ok gameplay consists of trying to get the squirrel as high up the tree as you can . You do this by tilting your device left and right which makes the tree revolve completely around in either direction. You start the game with 3 lives displayed at the top of the screen via hearts. You have to avoid the branches on the way up as these are what lose you your lives if you hit them . Also on the tree are coins which can be used in the store to buy power ups and enhancements. Also on the tree there are power ups to be picked up including fireballs which make you run faster and burst through branches for a short time. There are also shields which when acctivated give protection .

Overall ... This is a fun little game and if your into endless runners or jumpers this is a must buy. The leaderboards are via Gamecenter. There are a couple of things i would like to see added and changed one being the adding of achievements would be nice , and also on the menu screen there is a grey box at the top which gives you a link to there facebook page to start with i clicked on it hoping when i had been directed it would disappear but unfortunately it just changed to something else . This really needs to be removed or changed to a tab that can be pulled in and out as it spoils the overall look of the menu screen.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:40 AM

Thanks for the feedback! We'll definitely consider your suggestion about having a way to hide the news slider so it doesn't spoil the main menu's look and feel. In the mean time you can force the news to hide by setting your device to Airplane Mode. The game will save your high scores and upload them to Game Center the next time you play again with Airplane Mode disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Ok so i picked this up earlier and so far im enjoying the game a lot.

Graphics and sound .. The graphics and sound are top notch and look stunning on my Iphone 4 Retina screen. Sounds are also well done with the sounds of the squirrels footsteps to the screams as he falls from the tree , there is also the background noise of birds tweeting.

Gameplay... Ok gameplay consists of trying to get the squirrel as high up the tree as you can . You do this by tilting your device left and right which makes the tree revolve completely around in either direction. You start the game with 3 lives displayed at the top of the screen via hearts. You have to avoid the branches on the way up as these are what lose you your lives if you hit them . Also on the tree are coins which can be used in the store to buy power ups and enhancements. Also on the tree there are power ups to be picked up including fireballs which make you run faster and burst through branches for a short time. There are also shields which when acctivated give protection .

Overall ... This is a fun little game and if your into endless runners or jumpers this is a must buy. The leaderboards are via Gamecenter. There are a couple of things i would like to see added and changed one being the adding of achievements would be nice , and also on the menu screen there is a grey box at the top which gives you a link to there facebook page to start with i clicked on it hoping when i had been directed it would disappear but unfortunately it just changed to something else . This really needs to be removed or changed to a tab that can be pulled in and out as it spoils the overall look of the menu screen.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:22 AM

Ads, IAP, in a paid game? I think I will stick to Ninjatown Tree of Doom then. The worst IAP is the expendable kind, especially on a high score game. Buy your way to the top with power ups?

Oh and the Airplane Mode solution would be disastrous on the iPhone! That would mean every time I want to play I miss calls or texts? Probably wouldn't play it if I had to do that.

That first screenshot looks mighty sweet though.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:31 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Can someone clarify, at .99 are there ads in the game? If so can they be removed?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:02 AM

There are no advertisements in the game. Thanks for asking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Can someone clarify, at .99 are there ads in the game? If so can they be removed?