App description: Avadon: The Black Fortress HD is an epic, old school fantasy role-playing adventure, with a fascinating story and 40+ hours of gameplay. Experience huge adventures, cunning foes, hundreds of magic artifacts to find, and countless enemies of your people to hunt down.

Avadon HD is the first chapter in a new, epic fantasy saga. You will serve the keep of Avadon, working as a spy and warrior to fight the enemies of your homeland. As a servant of the Black Fortress, your word is Law. Experience an exciting fantasy role-playing adventure and battle a conspiracy to destroy your people.

Avadon: The Black Fortress Features:

Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
Four different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
Uncover the fascinating history of Avadon and the land of Lynaeus.
Many different endings. Your choices will change the world.
Dozens of side quests, hidden dungeons, and secrets to discover.
Hundreds of magical items to find. Use enchanted crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
Huge adventure with lots of replay value.

Reviews:

"Offers a classic RPG experience. Engrossing narrative. Hours of enjoyable gameplay. 4/5" - Mac|Life
"In the end, Avadon: The Black Fortress has everything a good RPG needs. Strong story and characters, great combat, excellent quests, addictive loot and leveling and high replayability." - Inside Mac Games
"Avadon: The Black Fortress is easily one of the best RPGs you can buy. 9/10" - Digital Entertainment News
"Anybody who pines for the days of the older, massive classics and decries the state of the new streamlined, big-budget RPGs needs to put their money where their mouth is and buy this game. 90%" - RPGFan
06-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Wondering how this is.

06-18-2011, 12:22 AM
As Martin Lawrence would say: "The sh*t just got real." This is the kind of serious RPG that's been missing from the platform. I'm happy to say that the port to the iPad is (at least in the first 30 minutes or so) pretty much flawless. It may not wow on the surface (though it doesn't look bad at all if you're familiar with turn-based western RPGs), but underneath is a massive, engrossing game. Easily worth the premium price.

Last edited by squarezero; 06-18-2011 at 12:34 AM.
06-18-2011, 12:42 AM
This Title reminds me alot of Ultima XIII: Pagan (dos game).. Looks fun, but not worh the price, 4.99 is more like it imo.
06-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
As Martin Lawrence would say: "The sh*t just got real." This is the kind of serious RPG that's been missing from the platform. I'm happy to say that the port to the iPad is (at least in the first 30 minutes or so) pretty much flawless. It may not wow on the surface (though it doesn't look bad at all if you're familiar with turn-based western RPGs), but underneath is a massive, engrossing game. Easily worth the premium price.
What he said and then some. This game is well worth the price and I dare say it might just be one of the best RPGs to hit iOS. I had no idea it was even coming to the iPad but I didn't have to think twice when I saw it. I bought it and I am loving it. It is a serious RPG.
06-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthclaw View Post
This Title reminds me alot of Ultima XIII: Pagan (dos game).. Looks fun, but not worh the price, 4.99 is more like it imo.
I guess that if you believe that games are magically de-valued when they come to the App Store, then I guess you'd be right. The problem with that argument is that there currently is no game on the iPad that is comparable to Avadon. If you want this kind of rich PC-style RPG experience, this is your only choice (for now). Under those circumstances, not sure how you come up with a specific figure like $4.99 -- it begs the question: "compared to what?"
06-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, now that would be worth 5.99 or even planescape torment. but from the videos, ill wait till price comes down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PJWl35VJFo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUqTe...eature=related

Dont get me wrong, this game looks like fun, but when you can get the above mentioned games from
http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage for 5.99 why pay 9.99.

Last edited by earthclaw; 06-18-2011 at 01:01 AM. Reason: added video
06-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Now this is the kind of game I bought the iPad for.

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga
06-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Are you nuts?

To all 4.99 Poster: It seems to Be that you Don't Know Spiderweb Software. This guys under the leadership of Jeff Vogel developing Real RPGs for ages. Take a look at rpgwatch or RPG Codex. Their Games for PC and Mac get Rave Reviews in Most of the cases. Avadon is a Direct Port of their last Big Mac and PC Game launched in Spring (the PC Version is released just 2 or 3 Werks ago). This Game Saskia boasts more than 20 hours of gameaplay. Therefore its an absolute Steal.

Struan73
06-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struan73 View Post
To all 4.99 Poster: It seems to Be that you Don't Know Spiderweb Software. This guys under the leadership of Jeff Vogel developing Real RPGs for ages. Take a look at rpgwatch or RPG Codex. Their Games for PC and Mac get Rave Reviews in Most of the cases. Avadon is a Direct Port of their last Big Mac and PC Game launched in Spring (the PC Version is released just 2 or 3 Werks ago). This Game Saskia boasts more than 20 hours of gameaplay. Therefore its an absolute Steal.

Struan73
Wow, I thought you read my posts.

I think they did a good job on this game and it looks really good, but if you read my posts you would see that in MY Opinion its not worth 9.99.
Therefore i shall wait until it goes down in price.

End of posts here