Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-07-2011, 12:36 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default Robots Love Ice Cream

Hey guys,

I wanted to post on here and introduce myself and my company. My name is Burton Posey and I have a company called Addo Games. We've been working on a game for the past several months called Robots Love Ice Cream and we're currently in the process of raising funds to help supplement the costs of its development.

You can check out our Kickstarter project page here, Robots Love Ice Cream for the iPad .

The game puts the player in the role of an ice cream truck driver that travels across the galaxy, saving planets from robotic invaders. To defeat the robots, the player launches various ice cream weapon treats at the robots. As we all know, robots love ice cream, so when they get enough, they explode with joy,

The game is heavily influenced by some of the first video games I ever played (Missile Command, Space Invaders) as well as some of my favorites (U.N. Squadron). The look and feel of the game is a 3d in a 2d world with vinyl toy-like characters. The design of the characters is full of Mega Man and Super Mario 3 inspiration.

For the duration of the KS project, you can download the title song for free from the project page. It was composed by MisfitChris and Disasterpeace (he's the guy doing the music for Fez, the upcoming Xbox Live game).

I've repeated enough of what's on the KS page, but if any of you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I definitely want people looking forward to the game to be able to help influence it's development and what the final product will have to enjoy!

Thanks!

Here's some concept art for several of our weapons

Update:
Here's our final poster design we have as a reward.

Last edited by burtonposey; 07-07-2011 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: Added poster design
Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Posted some new screenshots today.

I've been posting some more in-depth information about development of the game on TIGSource's DevLogs forum. You can find that stuff here.

As always, would love comments, feedback, and any questions you guys have about the project. We've got twelve days left on the Kickstarter project and still have a lot of ground to cover. If you like what you see, please consider supporting the effort and sharing the game with your friends. Thanks!

Robots Love Ice Cream - Kickstarter project

Old 07-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

This aftwork is looking absolutely brilliant, if the quality of the artwork is an indication of the quality of the gameplay, the game will be incredible.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:01 AM

Beauty! Any plans for ICade support?
Old 07-21-2011, 12:52 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR2H View Post
Beauty! Any plans for ICade support?
I'd like to because I think the iCade is a fantastic idea. Right now the game only plays landscape, which is a view mode that the iCade doesn't support at all. Maybe with an adapter or something it could, but I don't see that happening. I'd need to make another game mode just for that device (which I've honestly thought about since it would help the game stick out and generate a lot of buzz).

The controls would need to be closer to Missile Command where you move the reticle instead of touch the screen. Somewhere in the mix, because the iCade doesn't have many buttons, one of those buttons would need to be held down in conjunction with the joystick to rotate the planet around.

I think there's some promise there, but I'd need to think about it. First things first though, we need to hit a home-run with the game on the iPad with touch controls. We're a very small studio, so we already have our plates full with work on that iteration.

Thanks for your feedback. Keep 'em coming!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:35 PM

When is this game planned to come out?
Old 07-21-2011, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the reply. The Icade has a slot to allow the Ipad to sit horizontally, so it shouldnt be a problem. Cant wait to play.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:43 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Send a message via Skype™ to Nullroar

Fantastical and awesome. Those are the most fitting two words. It reminds me of Kosmo Spin and Missile Command and makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:47 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR2H View Post
Thanks for the reply. The Icade has a slot to allow the Ipad to sit horizontally, so it shouldnt be a problem. Cant wait to play.
Oh sweetness! I'm going to have to get in line for one then! Thanks for the info, this is great news. I made it through at least two sentences without using an exclamation point, but I'm still excited,
Old 07-29-2011, 05:02 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/118/1184953p1.html