"100 Nazi Scalps" coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by olgav, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    To chose such a title for this game maybe reflects some of the authors own similar attitude.
    If not, not.

2. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Which attitude? That he saw the film "Inglorious Basterds"? I'm sure if he could have gotten away with it, the developer would have just called the game, "Inglorious Basterds", but since he doesn't want to get sued, he probably went this route to get attention like the kind he's receiving here.
    EDIT: This post isn't intended to sound snarky to you Vovin, just that I think some people (not you) are missing the point.

3. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

I think I see my grandpa in one of those pictures

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #44 Vovin, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009

MidianGTX is right with his statements, imho.
    Germans want to get over it. Some people doesn't seem to care that we can't finally because once in a while they show us the pictures of our ugly past. Again and again.

And even IF over the years the entertainment industry has utilised a number of "bad guys": Nazis, Russians, Arabs, Viet Cong, British, Japanese - to pick a special group of people and compare them to the history this nation had, showing them their mistakes repeadly - that's what I call dubious. Is this utilisation political correct? Or shall we better say that this utilisation characterizes people? Like "every German is a nazi", "Arabs are all terrorists", "Viet Cong are spiteful cunning fellows" and "all Japanese are generally pervert"? That are stereotype statements which aren't as harmless as they seem to be. I never felt the urge to call every Texan a member of the KKK or every Californian a gay surfing dude.

I don't care if some f*ckin' Tarantino put some iffy quotes into his films - the truth is, that not very much people care about this common (ordinary? mundane?) rasicm. There is a kind of racism (in our everydays life) we live with and are mostly too ignorant to notice. If we notice, seldom we think about it. Least often we change it.

5. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    this is retarded.. Why candy paint history? I dont understand, why doesnt he have a problem with Call of Duty? Because you can play as Nazis? Seriously, what is the argument here? And to be honest, most of the citizens did not give a flying **** IMO.

6. zamansimba

zamansimba Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    unoriginal, boring, no depth

i say its a fail

enough of this 'flash-game quality' crap from the app store

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    lrn2contrsuctivecriticism

8. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    So everyone liked Inglorious Basterds. Now this game comes out and everyone thinks it's "controversial"? Grow up people.

9. olgav

olgav Well-Known Member

10. carnivore

carnivore Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
  11. olgav

olgav Well-Known Member

People is earlier posts had already made it clear that Germans are not equal to Nazies any more. It's been 70 years... There is not reason why this game can be banned from German store for sure.

12. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    i think Germany bans all stuff with nazi stuff in it, except for like movies because they are 'works of art'.. seems kind of dumb but I think its there to stamp out any nazi propaganda