Universal 100 Rogues (By Fusion Reactions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, May 4, 2010.

1. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    Next time you do a $.99 sale, I'll buy it. Just letting you know ;)

2. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    same here!

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Whoop, there it is!

[​IMG]

4. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    ARGH.. iTunes desktop no updates, iPhone app store the update is live but it's not showing as "available updates". Maybe I should just download it anyway. Ahaha.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    That's what I do - have so many apps in the library, I just usually look up and download apps that show updates on my iPhone rather than download updates for everything...

6. MarkHerm

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    downloading... :D

7. keithburgun

keithburgun Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Hey guys... I'm so excited to get 2.0 out to you guys. Blake worked really hard on the new monsters - and they're mostly towards the end of the game, so let us know, if you see them, what you think!

Also, let me know how your experience is going through the game. The loot system, mobs, and experience system have all been revamped... I'm sure for the better but there's always room for improvement. Let us know!

-Keith Burgun, Lead Designer

8. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    I Got It :)

Italy AppStore :)

a question, what about the 2 '?' in the char selection screen? 2 upcoming new class?

9. WesPaugh

WesPaugh Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    The Software Developer, 100 Rogues
    Rochester, NY
    Yep, exactly right. One of them is upcoming very soon, in fact. Not the very next update, but soon.

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Awesome!

11. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Not gonna lie.... I miss the massive re spawn of enemies on a floor! But love the improvements to the balance.

12. woodn

woodn Active Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Game Developer & Graphic Designer
    Switzerland
    yessss! i was looking forward to this!
    thanks for the update :)

13. MarkHerm

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    So I did a first round.... no crashes, very good (knock on wood).

In the dungeons I met this red skeleton spawner. I like it. Can be pretty tough though, especially in Dungeon 1. The Zombie works good too.

When I got to Dungeon 3, I was put in a huge room, so I couldn't even see where it might have ended. There were like 20+ monsters (7+ ghosts, 4+ knights, 5+ babies etc.) in there. As I did not have any teleportation spells, I died.
    This is one thing that annoys me for a very long time now. This game is about being strategic, not rushing, so that you only face an amount of baddies that you can handle. But a lot of times, you walk down the stairs and find yourself in a huge room with lots of monsters. Then you don't even have a chance do be strategic as you cannot run away. I think you should really constrain the room size for the entry level room of a level...

Besides, I really like the update so far...

14. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

I got the big room 3 times in one game. The first one was on the starting floor! I had to hit and retreat a lot to clear it. But it was worth it, because each one of them had some good gear in them.

FYI the zombie gib animation is epic! I laughed my butt off when I saw God smash one into a fine red paste!

15. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    #1995 WesPaugh, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    Word on the street is that our artist was nostalgic for Doom that day. Which street? East, near Broadway.

EDIT: Also, there's a few big rooms. The goal here was to making running back to a room entrance become less of an option. Conversely, the player got a bit stronger against individual monsters in this update. The tradeoff brings us closer to what Keith has been envisioning from the start, but we'll be further improving that balance in the next update.

16. MarkHerm

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany

If you have such a big room with ghosts inside, they will teleport you right to the center. No way to retreat to somewhere. Just to clarify: I don't mind big room when you can approach them through a floor, so you have the chance to retreat, attract a couple of monsters and so on...
    But walking down the stairs and finding yourself right in the middle with no option for retreat is unsatisfactory end to a game. Hopefully, this was a one time event...

Besides, very good update!

17. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    #1997 spyky, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    ARGH first encounter with bug,

[​IMG]

I went back to main menu (thus saving game), pressed continue,
    and now I'm stuck a that location and cannot move in ANY DIRECTION.

It has rendered my character useless. :(

I will never save and reload at GENIE ANYMORE :( :( :(

Time for a new char!

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Lol that sucks! I got lucky and got teleported after the skeleton bot shot a missile. Which allowed me to get back out.

19. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Bandit Hole Level 1 O_O

20. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    You're sure getting lucky to find so many skill Staves, Spyky! I'm lucky to find one every few games.

And that'syet another case I hadn't tested for in the ongoing struggle against Boss-stage saving and loading, apparently, thanks for the find. I suspect it's locking the doors and making those tiles untraversable as they need to be during the fight (to prevent wizards teleporting on to them).