Universal 100 Rogues (By Fusion Reactions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, May 4, 2010.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    About the locker, and gold:

The next update, the Golden Genie will drop a bunch of gold.

And the Dungeon boss will have a guaranteed locker there. Hooray!

2. Punish32

Punish32 Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Hey, all the dungeons are generated randomly?

3. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    If i turn off game center, and turn it on again many days later, will all the achievements I earned while game center was off gets transferred over?

4. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    yes they are

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    :D (my kind of game!)

6. WesPaugh

WesPaugh Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    The Software Developer, 100 Rogues
    Rochester, NY
    Until 2.0 they were 100% randomly generated. As of 2.0, they usually randomly generate, but occasionally throw a premade room into a map along with other randomly generated rooms.

Boss stages are 100% premade, but that kinda goes without saying.

7. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    I love your game 100 Rogues, i play it more than any other game on my iphone. I went and left you a 5 star rating and a glowing comment :) more people need to though, your game has been out forever, and has very few comments on itunes. Props for all your work to update and bug fix this game too. I remember when it first came out, and how far it has come (and will progress) and it blows my mind! you guys are the best!!

8. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    #2028 Igoo, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
    I seem to have encountered the same bug. On the Genie Boss level, the acid-spitting beetles are invisible and impossible to strike. Currently, one is blocking my path to the exit. I can't destroy it or move past it. Also, this issue occurs every time.

Help?

9. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Yeah, I've seen this too, though they weren't impossible to hit for me. They were just invisible. This happened in the pre-2.0 build too.

10. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    "Every time" for you all seems to be "never" for me. I don't know if it's something I've fixed in the last three weeks since 2.0 got pushed or if I just can't reproduce is. Right now the only thing I can find wrong with the fight is, if you completely kill the game and continue a fight in progress, they appear stuck in one of their death frames. They can still be killed and the fight doesn't break though.

Anywhoo, if you have any information on what causes this, I can push another update tonight that will hopefully be out by December with the fix. Thank you for helping me help you help us all.

11. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I'm not sure how it happens, but usually if I fully quit the game (go back to the springboard, then call up the app history and close the game there), the game returns to normal. Although last time I did that, I had beaten the genie and when I came back, I had to redo the level (but I was already in the middle of the room instead of the entrance, and I still had the items and experience I had earned from the last time I did it). Very strange.

12. C.Y.Lin

C.Y.Lin Active Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Game Impressions

downloading now :)

13. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    The only thing I can think I haven't tried to reproduce this is ordering different food. I've got pizza now, so I guess I should have made it chinese.

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Clearly you know NOTHING about providing exacting QA since you didn't even ask WHAT SPECIFIC Chinese food he ordered! :rolleyes:

(wait, no, what if we heard what he ordered but that isn't what the delivery folk brought...shoot, I didn't think this through!)

15. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    I can't remember anything special to lead to this bug, but I thought maybe a screenshot might help?
    [​IMG]
    You can't move, and I can't seem to hit it at all.

Anyway does anyone know if the GameCenter achievements gets sync if u turn it off and turn it on a few days later?

16. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    That's an iPhone 4, right, spyky? I think I can tell from some of the pixels...

I've been trying different devices, against all instincts that hardware can't possibly be related.

17. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I'm on a 4 too, Wes.

18. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks. That will speed things up a lot for me, quite literally. Oh, have I mentioned that this update cuts the second-to-last load phase down by 80%? On older devices that gets to be quite a lot.

Here's hoping I can get it out tonight. Oh! And another proud announcement: three of the next class' skills and about 1/3 of her art are now done.

Here's hoping I spend less of my time on this bug and more of my time on her...

19. Lan

Lan Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    This happened to me several times prior to the 2.0 update too. Are they supposed to be golden beetles? Sometimes the beetles would appear and then become invisible/invincible. Sometimes they won't appear at all and just be invisible. Other times all three will show up and be killable.

20. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Yeah it's an iphone 4. Had to scale down the image as the 960 resolution pictures in threads tend to annoy board users (ME).

NEW CLASS INFORMATION! EXCITING!
    :D:D
    (aww, it's female.)