Universal 100 Rogues (By Fusion Reactions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, May 4, 2010.

1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks for updating. Well keep cranking those iap characters, and we'll keep buying them. They've all been very fun to play and bring a very different element to the game(which I for one, love), not to mention well worth the buck. Hopefully we can see Dinoman come to life by Years' end. :)

2. dhgamer

dhgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    New York
    My thoughts exactly. Still one of my top three games on my phone and would hope there's a sequel coming eventually.

3. WesPaugh

WesPaugh Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    The Software Developer, 100 Rogues
    Rochester, NY
    Very, *very* much appreciated. The one thing that I can attempt to get working is the ability to equip rings to Monster Classes, and maybe add more items to go in those slots specifically for monster classes that have different effects (giving an equipped weapon the ability to backstab, but otherwise reduced damage might be one example).

4. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Just a heads up, the game I'm working on on the side is not a 100 Rogues sequel. A 'spiritual successor', if you will, is in the works at Dinofarm Games (I'm on the Fusion Reactions side of the splash screen, ftr). That game is called 'Auro'. The slightly anti-item philosophy I described earlier shines through with the details outlined in that link; more items might be fun at first, but they do water down the core strategies that identify each class and the game itself. This is one of many conclusions at which Keith and I arrived while working on 100 Rogues.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I hope we're not playing (or working for) this guy - this image makes me want to hit him with the whack o glory! [​IMG]

6. Appleisaac

Appleisaac Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Janitor/Student
    Up in Here
    Great game! I hope it gets much more popular.

I was just wondering... I already bought the necromiester add on. I think I am going to buy another... Which one should I get? ( I am not getting skellyman )

7. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    That's a shame! Skellyman Scoundrel is my personal favourite class, still. Rogue-Bot is a blast (har har), and a third runner-up for me would be the Mystic. Although, the Knight may soon overtake the Rogue-Bot for me once the White Knight comes out.

Thanks, we sincerely hope it gets some more popularity, too :)

8. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    i actually know a person who looks and dresses like him IRL. minus the crown, though.

9. Appleisaac

Jun 7, 2011
    Janitor/Student
    Up in Here
    That makes sence and all... But even though it might be more efficient to use the monster's "pre equiped" items; it's more fun to use all the cool stuff that you put into the game! So far out of the 8 classes, only three can use all of the stuff you put into the game!

Do you think you could make it so monsters could be able to equip items it would make sence for them to hold? Like a necromeister with a quadbone! Or a mystic with a magic shield! This is just one thing this that this game could use to make it EVEN MORE AWESOME!!!!:D

10. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Necromeister with quadbone does have balance issues in addition to technical one. He's supposed to be reliant on his minions to deal damage, and changing that fact would lessen the sense of identity he has as a result of his skills.

The technical reason behind it is that the character just doesn't have a swing animation, and the project no longer has an artist to give him one. I am personally against the idea of just having him play a cast animation and deal quadbone damage, for purely aesthetic reasons. I fully believe the original artist would agree.

I will definitely try to find a way to make new items that give monster classes stuff to find and use, too (this will almost certainly employ the Ring slots). You can expect something of the sort in the next update.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Personally, I think you should let the Necromeister equip the quadbone, but if he attacks with it crash the game. :rolleyes:

Then when you restart, have Mr. Resetti yell at the player for trying to attack with the Necromeister!

[​IMG]

12. Appleisaac

Jun 7, 2011
    Janitor/Student
    Up in Here
    I didn't mean just the necromancer... I just meant in general. Making most/some items equitable to monsters.

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #2873 GodSon, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
    Update Out!!!

Time to battle with the White Knight! :D

EDIT: White Knight is currently available for the very low price of: FREE!!! :eek:

BIG thank you to the Devs. ;)

14. dhgamer

dhgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    New York
    Bought the Zombie today with the update however a couple bugs right away:

I have no music at all. Closed app on taskbar and rebooted the phone... still nothing.

Decided to set aside the white knight and try the Crusader to see if the music would start. Still no music. Had a store on the first floor but can't get the store menu to open up either?

Made a run for the second floor to see if music would kick in and it didn't.

15. nafkert

nafkert Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    I also don't have music as I play now.

I think giving the White Knight away for free is quite classy of the devs, so I'm going to go ahead and purchase one of the other monster classes as thanks (I don't own any of them yet). Which would you say gives the most unique gameplay? I don't care about beating the game, I'm just looking for the class that is the most different than the characters I have already played.

Thanks for the feedback!

16. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Skellyman Scoundrel if you have picked that character up yet since it can equip weapons, armor, etc, and has a really fun set of skills. I like all of the monster classes but out of those, I'd say Zombie or Rougue-bot are good choices to start with.

17. nafkert

May 10, 2010
    I do own Skellyman.

Which is more of a departure from normal gameplay, Zombie or Roguebot?

18. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I prefer Zombie out of the two. Rogue-bot isn't bad in the least bit and is diverse, you just have to play a little more carefully as him. He can shoot rockets, grenades, nets to trap enemies, and summon/morph machine balls. Besides his net, all of his exploding moves can kill you, which forces you to play more tactical(which I don't feel is a bad thing at all). He also has a passive skill that if he's caught in an explosion, a small piece of him falls off into a small minion to fight along side.

I prefer Zombie because he can turn others into Zombies which helps greatly, throws his organs to poison, throw up a pool of acidic vomit on the ground, a passive skill that poisons with normal attacks, and some others, but he's a meat shield of HP so he's very durable.

Both great choices, but it's all up to preference. Help that helps somewhat? :)

19. nafkert

May 10, 2010
    Most definitely... I think I'll buy them both! Thanks for the help.

20. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #2880 GodSon, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
    No prob, glad I could help. The thing I like most about the monster classes is that they are all very unique and comepletly diverse in terms of gameplay.

Necromeister cannot attack but can summon dead and phantoms to fight along side him. His other moves like bolts take HP away from him, so you really have to be careful with attacking. I'd see he's the hardest class to play for me, but once he's built up...he can be very strong.

Mystic can teleport with another enemy, reduce accuracy and magic defense, can Alchemitze items, fire trap spells that can heal you, cage enemies, and shoot enemies. She can be tricky to play as, but she's very fun once you get her skills figured out with what your own tactics.

Those are just brief synopsis's on the othe paid characters, so you get an idea of them. I have them all and am very satisfied with every buck spent. ;)