Universal 100 Rogues (By Fusion Reactions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, May 4, 2010.

1. keithburgun

keithburgun Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    I have to double check; it's been awhile, but I think that the marksman to-hit bonus helps with other weapons too. Either way, the fact that smokebomb causes in-fighting is another way to do backstabs. Also, you have sleeping darts which is another way to do backstabs.

2. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    yeah sleeping darts help a ton... but i rarely find any outside the starting 6 darts =/ my luck in this game really sucks

3. flightunlimited

flightunlimited Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    This game looks a lot like Zelda to me (NES/SNES). Any similarities?

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Not really. While it shares cool retro graphics, it's much more a turn based strategy RPG than any sort of arcade experience. There isn't any real story or dialog either, just a game about seeing how far you can take your character in an ever increasingly nasty dungeon whipped up randomly each time you play.

5. WesPaugh

WesPaugh Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    The Software Developer, 100 Rogues
    Rochester, NY
    iOS 5 Testers needed!

So, 100 Rogues updates are on hold until our next game, 100 Trials, is released. Part of the reason for this is that both games have a show-stopping bug still blocking them (the black seams between tiles) that only appears on iOS 5. I still don't have consistent access to one of these devices.

But! What I do have is a really good network of developers to help me sort it out, and I've already created what I believe will be a fix for the problem. Now I need someone to help test it. I am looking for 2 or 3 iPhone 4s owners and 2 or 3 iPad 2 owners to send me their device UDIDs.

Instructions on doing so are here: http://bjango.com/help/iphoneudid/

Please PM me with your device ID and whether that is an iPad 2 or an iPhone 4s, and I will let you know if I can add you as a tester (meaning you responded before more than three others with the same device).

6. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Thanks for the update!

7. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
  8. keithburgun

keithburgun Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Yes yes! Thanks for posting, jrsco. The Dinoman Bruiser is indeed underway! Expect to see him within a month or so.

Hooray!

9. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR

hell yeah!!

10. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
  11. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Dinoman has shipped!

I am making a blog post featuring his skills as we speak, but here is the update's changelog to hold you over.

New player character: The Dinoman Bruiser! This Reptile Fighter is stronger and faster than any other, but his attacks make him hungry and sometimes even hurt himself. Best of all, he can become a Dinosaur!

Balance Changes
    Zombies have an 'ammo' of 2
    Tearing between map tiles on iPad 2 and iPhone 4s devices has been verified fixed.
    Combo mode shop properly scrolls again
    Instances of items disappearing from inventory when managing quick slots have been corrected
    Unusable item shops no longer appear early in the bandit hole
    Various other bug fixes and performance enhancements

12. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Also, thanks very much for the video post, Sanuku! 100 Trials has been really well received, and I couldn't be more proud of what it brings to the table for new players and 100 Rogues veterans alike.

13. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Hi Wes, can't wait! Btw, is the Cocos server going to be coming back? I have been wishing for online leaderboards again...

Been enjoying 100 Trials immensely as well!

14. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    With 100 Trials taking a lot of my time the last few months, I haven't had a chance to look into secondary features like online leaderboards, achievements, playhaven support, facebook, etc. Another update is planned for about a week from now (or when dinoman launches, whichever comes later). I'll make sure to find and fix these sorts of issues by then.

Glad to hear you're enjoying 100 Trials! Gotten to Satan's lair yet? I've been aching for some feedback on what may be the central mechanic of our next game.

15. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Cool, thanks for that. I hope Apple hurries with this update, I really have been looking forward to trying the Dinoman eating mechanic. :D

Haven't gotten all that far in 100 Trials yet. Actually, I haven't been checking releases very frequently and it flew under my radar for a while. I'll let you know what I think if/when I get there though.

16. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
  17. Melhisedek

Melhisedek Active Member

Aug 22, 2010
    #2958 Melhisedek, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
    Its out in Europe, downloading

*edit*
    Damn it just crashes at the new logo :(
    iPhone 4s

After I deleted it, it started but as some strange 100 Trials version (not the normal one)
    No idea what is going on

18. Anctoh

Anctoh Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    Hey, why did you change the app icon?

19. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #2960 GodSon, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
    It's out in the US:

Downloading now...can't wait to finally play him. Thanks for the update! ;)

EDIT: Ugh...same thing is happening to me. It loads the 1st level of 100 Trials, as soon as you beat it, the game shuts off and will not let you re-open the app. I tried restarting and reinstalling with no luck. This hurts! :(