Universal 100 Rogues (By Fusion Reactions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, May 4, 2010.

1. JGeldhof

JGeldhof Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Comic Artist / Illustrator
    Kent, Ohio
    Yeah, I cannot remember the last time I had trouble with food. I search every room on every level before moving on and I never run out. I could see how you could run low if you hang out too long on a level "grinding," but that's a flaw in your strategy, not the game. Even with the randomization, it's hard to believe some people are running out of food so often they feel the game is unplayable, yet I (and obviously many others) NEVER seem to have a problem.

2. JGeldhof

May 26, 2010
    Kent, Ohio
    Also, and I should probably let this stuff go, but I'm feeling a bit snarky today. I cannot BELIEVE the sack on some of the people posting here. Not only do you continually ask for/demand a sale, but some of you outright ask for the game for FREE! How would you like it if you showed up for work one day (assuming any of you DO work) and your boss said, "Hey Pal, BTW, you're working for free today. You don't have a problem with that do you?" I mean, REALLY?! And the continued harping on the lack of a D-Pad. Here's a quick lesson for you, not everything you encounter in life is going to bend to your will. Learn to play the game as it was designed. They did a pretty great job.

And Mods, if this is out of line, I apologize, but AHG-GAHHH!

3. Flood

Flood Active Member

Apr 19, 2009
    A-FRIGGIN'-MEN!!! :cool:

4. WesPaugh

WesPaugh Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    The Software Developer, 100 Rogues
    Rochester, NY
    Awww, well that just warms my heart, Jay. :)

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    So far I'm liking my 99 cent copy of 100 Rogues just fine, though I haven't gotten far yet in my game. What's the word on when we might see the big 2.0 update? Just because I'm a newb doesn't mean I can't anxiously await the update like the rest of you. :)

6. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    Very-very-very-very-very nice game :) GREAT JOB DUDE!!!

And now give us the update :) i'm freakin' for it!!

Greetings :)

7. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing...

I know Apple is accepting 4.2 apps now, maybe they're just getting backed up?

8. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    #1968 lucrezio87, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
    the game crash a lot when i use Martyrin' skill of the Crusader and counter enemy spell..

now i counter 5/6 sniper and dont crash.. dunno..

iphone4, iOs 4.1

.. and more i play and this game looks better :) waiting for new contents! :)

9. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    It only crashes when you use those spells? You must be a lucky guy :p
    Sorry, couldn't resist!

10. Galois

Galois Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying the game. I picked it up looking for a quick distraction and can't stop playing it. Fantastic job!

11. Flood

Flood Active Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Apple: hurry up with approval of 2.0 update!

Man, this is so cruel. The 2.0 update has been submitted about a week to a week and a half ago, and nothing from Apple yet. This is by far my most anticipated update EVER!!! To Apple: Hurry the f up!!! (I figure the delay must be due to the rush for approval of iOS 4.2 compatible apps).

*sigh*

-Flood

12. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    My game just suddenly refuse to load (crashes after loading complete) so I've just started a new character. Zzz

Please oh magical 2.0 update FIX THIS!

13. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    been 2 weeks........................
    i think submission get rejected. Apple is not that bad or slow, contrary to popular belief.

14. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Ummm... with 4.2 around the corner they are. There have been a couple of games that released a small update and those took over 2 weeks to even get through. This is actually normal.

15. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Lol Apple is a huge company. They will always have people working at every job, its not some 100 man team. I dont believe ever seeing an update that took 2 weeks. Perhaps you care to show me an app. I was just speculating btw.

16. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    Probably the app tester did a round and the game froze, crashed, reseted progress... just the usual stuff that can alway happen when playing 100 Rogues :p

17. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Hopefully not anymore!

It's weird. The last few updates have gone from 'Waiting for Review' to 'In Review' in less than an hour, and remain their for weeks. I suspect this is, in fact, a lie.

The rumours I've heard is that the longer you're in review, the more likely that your App has been rejected. I don't think this is the case with us here, though. The game is more stable, and we haven't changed anything that could rub Apple the wrong way in terms of code... perhaps the Succubus has too much cleavage for them.

If we are on the road to rejection which again I have seen no real indication that we are, there will be some be very nice improvements in the resubmission. I've integrated the iPod playlist creation interface into the options menu, and reduce the loading period prior to the 'Tiles Wrought' message (the period wherein floor tiles are initialised) by 80%. There are a bunch of other really cool, if not game-changing, things ready to go out, too.

It is kind of sad that we've improved the App enough to justify another update in less time than it took Apple to approve the previous one.

18. JGeldhof

May 26, 2010
    Kent, Ohio
    Chompin' at the bit! Hope it happens soon. I needs my 2.0!

19. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    #1979 WesPaugh, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    Oh, happy day! 2.0 is live!

For the first time not between 4-7. Apparently Apple reads this forum and wanted to spite me.

Anywhoo, enjoy!

EDIT: Err... it is for us on iTunes Connect. expect it in the next 0-24 hours. Usually less than 3 in the US, but within a day everywhere, we've found.

EDIT EDIT: Just showed up on my iPad App Store.

20. JGeldhof

May 26, 2010
    Kent, Ohio
    Still no joy. I'll try a bit later. Great news, though!