Universal 10000000 by EightyEight Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jul 26, 2012.

1. LucaRedwood

LucaRedwood Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 14, 2011
    Well, the thing about that is, while cool, it will mean more time to play, it doesn't really add value to you guys - the people have have already played it.

What I'm thinking more is that, after you hit 10000000 you unlock a challenge room which contains a list of various challenges at the top tier of difficulty.

For now, its just 'endless mode' which basically means 'you can carry on playing' but there isn't really any more content there.

2. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    You could unlock Hard mode which is basically just the same game with tougher enemies, I think a lot of people would probably play that.

3. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    #363 turakm, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    what about maybe a prestige system? where you have the option to start over and you get a medal saying you've completed it. think jetpack joyride. its optional and you can replay it. GC leaderboards can keep track of playthroughs to drive people to keep playing. just an idea...

I don't know how hard it would be to implement but it would be cool and keep people replaying while you make new content. I beat it last night and its kinda like now what. I would love to restart and have something that shows I've beatin it. You could do a stat screen keeping your best time's and stuff like that.

I'd also like to include that this is my all time favorite iphone game : ]

4. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#364 lazypeon, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    It's kind of a longshot, but I'd love to see some kind of persistent loot system at the higher tier (end-game). Instead of upgrading your items with gold, unlocking treasure chests or killing monsters would drop rare persistent loot, that you'd keep between runs. As you gear up, you're able to get further and further. Bonus points if the loot some how gives special effects (like epic sword of freezing -- freezes enemies 20% of the time; lumberjacks' sword of the wolf: increases wood gain, bonus damage against unarmored foes, etc... )

Alternately, it would be cool if you could some how influence which consumable items get dropped.

I think the alchemy system is pretty good -- expanding on that and possibly unlocking new potions would be kind of cool.

Mainly I'm hoping for some variance/customization that could add to the depth of the game.

Just my 2 cents :)

5. MikeSz_spokko

MikeSz_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    I had quite a lot of fun playing it !

Unfortunately, I just can't beat it... I have 9.760.560 points, everything fully upgraded, all upgrades bought, all missions passed, everything trained...

And no matter what I do I can't get those last points. Help ? ;)

6. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Well, obviously if you can get 9.760,560 then you only need to keep trying until you get slightly luckier or better and can reach 10,000,000.

7. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012

I used the potions that increases the score except the one that adds another lock on chests really saved time for me also make sure you have food with you it adds bonus to time when you eat I recommend also carrying scrolls for dragons with that and a bit of luck you will beat the game :)

8. iosgaming

iosgaming Member

Mar 8, 2012
    I think there is no help needed. Just keep trying. I was stuck at around 8.500.000 points for quite a while, and then suddenly... my next attempt earned over 14 million.

9. 40teeth

40teeth Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Just a suggestion:- would it possible to integrate these challenges into the main game?
    I was thinking something like the random chance to enter a treasure/challenge/trap room instead of always going to the next level.
    Maybe make it time based so there is limited time to collected treasures/escape.
    It'll be more immersive this way.

10. JayuZmaN

JayuZmaN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    A t l a n t i s
    finished the game, pretty satisfied...

add achievements please !!

11. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Finished the other day, wow, what an addictive game!!! Puts you in a vice grip and doesn't let go!!! Thanks dev, it was a delight to play; money well spent.

12. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Can anyone recommend a game similar to this beside dungeon raid ?

13. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Dungeon Saga
    Puzzle Quest

DR is better than either of those, though. Except for the unlocking hassle.

14. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    finished!!!

yay just finished the game

says it took 5hrs 37mins

PLUS!! i got every single upgrade and title.. so i guess that means 100% complete in 5hrs 37 mins wooott

15. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    #375 mkaen, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    delete

16. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It's a high score, not a total.

17. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    rofl

18. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    #378 mkaen, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    delete

19. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Same here. 5:52 to complete for me. I still think Swordigo is my personal GOTY, but this was a really nice surprise. Will definitely keep installed for any future updates. Way better use of $2 than the coffee I'll buy when I get to work.

20. LucaRedwood

LucaRedwood Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 14, 2011
    I'm actually getting about 3 or 4 of these emails per day, so I think its more my fault for not explaining it properly :(