2013: Infected Wars (Unreal Engine 3)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ActionMobileGames, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, the re-creation looks awesome. I'm really looking forward to playing this game!!!

2. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Hey guys at Action Mobile

Games looks really interesting, have you guys set a release date? Maybe January 2012. Thanks.

3. seenooh

seenooh Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Hey guys!

Well, there is no fixed date as of now, we're going to announce it once we're done making this game awesome as you'd expect.

And let me show you the new hero character!

OLD

[​IMG]

NEW

[​IMG]

Hamad Al-Hasan
    Lead Programmer @ Action Mobile Games

4. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Hence why it's the "old" model, not to be used in the game

5. zippoz

zippoz Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Looks fantastic, when can we expect some new gameplay?

6. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Looks amazing. I cant wait for new trailer/gameplay :)

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Old one looked terrible. New one looks awesome :D

8. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Wow! great evolve! lol. The new one just cool! i like it! ;)

9. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Great progress....

10. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Because half of the Community were crying them a River how bad it does look. So i guess they changed a lot of the Textures and Models and so far it really does look fine.

11. seenooh

seenooh Member

Oct 2, 2011
  12. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    What will the controls be like?

13. seenooh

seenooh Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Tap to select an enemy, and then shoot.

14. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Wow, very impressed! Now we need a short gameplay vid, even if it's a beta:)

15. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Nice screens. Will there be an option to not have auto-aim? (ie, Modern Combat style)

16. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth

Interesting. :D

17. zippoz

zippoz Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Any chance of normal aiming with gyroscope controls?

18. seenooh

seenooh Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Thanks guys for the support! It makes us more motivated and determined to deliver you the best gaming experience everrrr! :cool:

MC3 is a great game, as well as Shadow Gun and the rest of the kick-ass TPS games out there. However, the combat in those games differ than Infected Wars as enemies in there stand behind covers while shooting, allowing you to enough time to swipe/tilt, aim and shoot back. In our case, zombies, wolfs and the other creatures engage with the player in close-range (so fast) and they basically perform melee attacks (slashing, biting, ...), therefor, by the time you manually aim and ready to shoot, you're 99% dead. Given the nature of input in this platform as well as our combat, tap to select is the best solution, and it's still really challenging! Believe it or not, if I try to take on 10 zombies at once (with tap to select) I bearly survive! But it was fun nonetheless. :cool:

I understand that you may think this control scheme will over-simplify gameplay, but trust me it doesn't. It just fits nicely.

Hamad Al-Hasan
    Lead Programmer @ Action Mobile Games

19. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    #79 RebornProphet, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
    "Unprecedented graphics".

Really?

The new models are nice and all, but that's a bold statement in the face of Infinity Blade 2 and Dead Space (to name just two).

20. General_Jah

General_Jah Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    President Action Mobile Games
    Austin, TX
    Let me clarify that point -the graphics in 2013 : Infected Wars are unprecedented for mobile especially if you take into account there is not a single game out that I know of for mobile that successfully recreates the gameplay from huge hits like LFD2. Survival horror to me means getting overwhelmed with hordes of creatures with your back against the wall.

Don't get me wrong IB2 looks AMAZING but these games are not same genre as we are in. Though I'm sure IB2 is going to be awesome to play as well it is not free roam which is why they are able to get the graphics to look so amazing. So we are creating a fundamentally different game.

As for Deadspace, yes again great looking game but for the most part you are fighting in hallways with very limited number of enemies on screen at once. This is how they are able to achieve what they have done - still a great accomplishment. We are going to be blowing that style of gameplay out of the water with much more open environments that imo smoke most current ios environments. Toss in to that the player is actually going to get to explore these more open spaces and awesome looking environments and you have something pushing the envelope of what is out and in development for mobile.

*Sprinkle in Co-Op Multiplayer* and factor in we are accomplishing all of this on iphone 4 devices with 7-10 enemies on screen at once and you do have something unprecedented!

So if you can find me a list of free roam games with hordes of creatures coming at you and are still able to achieve the level of graphics we have in the screenshots then yeah i'd say we are just fluffing and not actually doing something unprecedented.

There will be many people that don't like the game for this reason or that. It's always the case with any title. But one thing I don't think will be up for debate is the fact we are at the forefront of mobile game design and pushing the envelope of what mobile devices are capable of.

James Petty
    President @ Action Mobile Games