2013: Infected Wars (Unreal Engine 3)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ActionMobileGames, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    BOOMSHAKALAKA!!! Someone just got served!

Sorry had to say it. Yes those are all good points. And I have to agree that this game is looking great.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Holy Shit those new Screenshots do look damn Sexy!

Comparing it with the first Build you Guys showed around (Youtube Trailer) it is like an 180° Turn. Congratulation!

I am pretty sure James will have a damn huge smile on his Face when he will show it in the next Video Blog... i can`t wait to she him presenting the new Material :D

3. seenooh

seenooh Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I'd like to add one more point, IB2 is targeted on A5 devices only, which allows them to take the graphics to the next level. Infected Wars is targeting A4, so in my opinion that statement still holds given the generation we're aiming for.

Hamad Al-Hasan
    Lead Programmer @ Action Mobile Games

4. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    IB2 will run perfectly on A4 devices with the exception of maybe shading and particle effects. Also textures and whatnot. :cool:

The new screens look amazing compared to what we saw earlier in the thread. I also like the emphasis on high intensity action.

Will it be gory?? What's a zombie infected game without blood.

5. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    So this isn't a tps !!?

6. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    There's a good amount of alpha footage in the original post. I'll let the dev explain that in depth but ya, it's a shooter.. in third person perspective.

7. seenooh

seenooh Member

Oct 2, 2011
    #87 seenooh, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
    True, but what has been presented by Epic Games so far is on A5. So to make a fair objective comparison, we need to see screens/footage of IB2 running on A4 devices and then debate the "unprecented graphics" statement.

As for Dead Space, Shadow Gun, Dark Meadow, Rage and many cool games out there, you will see a fundametal difference that is their environments are mostly indoor, and that helps with culling most of the level at all times, allowing a significant boost in performance that enables the devs to enhance their game's graphics and take them to the next level. What we bring on the table are open environments, great graphics, great performance, free roaming and lots of zombies to blow up, all on A4 devices. If that is not unprecented, I don't know what is my friend. :cool:

Hamad Al-Hasan
    Lead Programmer @ Action Mobile Games

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I consider terms like "unprecedented graphics" as marketing speak -- necessary to draw attention to the game, but ultimately meaningless. That said, the recent screens look great, and I am very much intrigued by the combination of free character movement and tap-to-target -- particularly if the body models support specific targeting (head shots, leg shots to slow zombies down, etc.). Very much looking forward to seeing this baby in motion.

9. General_Jah

General_Jah Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    President Action Mobile Games
    Austin, TX
    Hehe true there definitely has to be some marketing involved as I can't continue to staff our team without some revenue :) The truth is we are huge underdog in this market. We are a hardcore indie studio on an extremely limited budget competing against some big sharks. We have a very talented team to make the best use of what budget I have and I am proud of what we have accomplished so far with it.

Hopefully the community agrees once we get closer to launch and will show their support so we can continue to support them.

James Petty
    President @ Action Mobile Games

10. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #90 Johnny101, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    @ action mobile games.

Yes, I do believe that this game will be bring unprecedented gameplay but I also think the Desert zombie last stand will be competitive.

they're both great looking games !!

11. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    @ action mobile

Forgot to ask if the Coop Multiplayer will be local or online? Almost impossible to find players locally whereas online, there is usually someone willing to play.

Thanks

12. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, I don't understand the whole targeting devices statement. Definitely seems "markety". So far, all the games that use the A5's capabilities still work fine on older devices. Now, if you don't optimize a game for older devices then yeah it won't work because it won't be able to handle shading and particle effects.

IB2 will run perfectly on older devices and will still have sightly better graphics than the original.

Nonetheless, I'm super pumped for this game! I've been following it for a while.

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I don't quite understand why this is such a mystery. Optimizing a game for older hardware takes time. Time, as the proverb goes, is money. Chair/Epic have a ton of money at their disposal. The developers of this game don't. So their choice is either to release a bad A4 version of the game that ruins their reputation (see Warm Gun) or to limit their game to A5 hardware. The choice seems easy to me.

If the game does gangbusters, then perhaps they'll be able to put the resources to a proper A4 version.

14. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I think you misinterpreted my comment. I get that time is money, but to say that IB2 is built for A5 and their game is built for the broader A4 category is definitely "markety", IMO.

I don't think IB2 was built for A5 devices, but takes advantages of the hardware. I guess it's a matter of how you look at it. Again, I think IB2 will look stunning on A5 devices and will also look amazing on A4 devices without the enhancements.

Also, I'm not saying that Infected Wars should have to have shading, reflective metals, etc. because most of these things haven't become any sort of standard for mobile/iOS gaming. HD graphics that utilize the retina display are enough at the moment because graphic engines are still improving, IMO. This meaning that we will see better graphics on A4 devices when new games come out.

Right now, we are at the time in gaming where everything is evolving. Retina display graphics are looking better and the A5 just adds more enhancements. Maybe if a new iPod was released more devs would take the plunge; again just my thoughts.

I tried to keep this statement short, so I left out some things in the statement about the evolution of iOS gaming, so hopefully my point is still understood.

15. General_Jah

Oct 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    It will be Online multiplayer co-op through game center

16. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I guess it really just depends on how you look at it. :)

Nonetheless, I think 2013: Infected Wars will boast some of the best graphics, if not the best graphics, for A4 devices. I'm really looking forward to this game, especially after all of the recent pictures.

17. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Sweet, thanks for the info.

18. General_Jah

Oct 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    #98 General_Jah, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011