24 Hour Sale: The 7th Guest for iPhone/iPod

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Mica_Cardillo, Feb 22, 2011.

1. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    From post #16: "the little scull-activated animations cannot be slowed down or speeded up."

2. Mica_Cardillo

Mica_Cardillo Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Sorry about that Don. Scull animations are stuck the way they are.

I don't have an exhaustive list, but we're seeing what we can do with the save system, switching to two-finger tap for skipping the FMV scenes, changing the way one of the cursers works, and integrating Game Center.

Once we have a solid list of what will come with the next update, I'll post that to the other thread dedicated to The 7th Guest here on TouchArcade.

Hope that helps on the decision making. Happy Wednesday everyone.

3. Mica_Cardillo

Mica_Cardillo Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Looks like the sale started already. That was not intentional, but go ahead and take advantage of this extra time to go and get a copy of The 7th Guest. Sale still scheduled to end on Thursday night around 11pm or so.

4. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Yep, I grabbed it already and I'm looking forward to digging in. Thanks for the sale!

5. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Aye, I got it already. It's a huge file, but let's see how it goes. I'll play it later on.

I do have one comment, though: would it be possible to add subtitles? iPhone gaming is done mostly on the go, and many times listening to the audio isn't the best - nor easiest - option. I know that the original didn't have subtitles, hence the question.

Still, thanks for the deal, and good job!

Paulo Tavares

6. JeffG

JeffG Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Retired but trying to help out my kids when the op
    At home, in my pad (which may be an i)
    I see that there is a discount now ;-)

I've happily bought it at fiull price and am still stuck with that lonely feeling ;-)

The only reason I didn't buy it the day it came out was that I wasn't aware that it existed for the iPad until I came here.

I would question your marketing stategy though.

Another sale in a market this big is likely to go unseen.

Could you not release a free version with only a third of the puzzles (much like the way Doom was introduced on the PC years ago.)

Or have a full version free for three days and promote it through one of the free app companies? (and that's as close as I think I can go for touting for my sons business)