33rd DIVISION IN APPSTORE 10/22/2009

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by craneballs, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #101 russiaone, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
    What I hope is included are like rampage moments. Lets say you get 50 men to safety... At that point a weapons icon would appear. You walk onto it and just kill everything in the vicinity.

Also, if I pause during gameplay I can't restart, only resume.

As well, like pluto mentioned, an easy mode is a good idea. OR just extend the time limit on Normal. Really starting to like this one as I play more.

OK, this is pretty huge and has probably already been mentioned before: how come if I have a soldier slated for a certain sphere I can't then move him to a closer one? That's a game breaker, kinda for me. I don't wanna be shoehorned into making it to one sphere. And I can see being very frustrated when the screen becomes cluttered. It's probably me, though, as I'm already seeing scores in the hundreds.

2. swigo8

swigo8 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Pocket God island (NYC)
    i agree with everything u said here, and glad u said it, b/c i didnt want to type that up:p

3. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #103 russiaone, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
    Playing, at present, and I've hit a BAD case of slowdown. I'm at 54. If it weren't for the fact that the game is walk-oriented, I'd consider it unplayable. Still fun, though. But slowdown ain't fun.

Finished at 79. Not bad. I think the slowdown helped me... Hee hee

4. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Just found something kinda cool. Although the enemy guys must be autistic or something...

If you get inside the enemy triangle of sight (not the enemy circle) and go prone they can't see you. I like it.

5. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Haha, yeah. That helps a lot.

6. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Though if they walk into you, you get killed so you have to hope they move away at some point.

7. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    ok, some impressions:

-I might be bad, but I think that a gentler learning curve (or multiple difficulty settings) could be a good idea for the casual player. Until now my best is just 17, although I think I can get better

-Possible thing to have to look at: collisions with the wooden house in the middle. When a path goes around it, sometimes the soldier walks around it, sometimes the path gets interrupted. Seems to be random.

-When you have multiple soldiers of the same type on the field, you also have multiple destination circles of the same color. This might be a bit confusing (about which soldier have to go on a given circle), although I don't know how this could be solved. I know that you should trace the path of each soldier before sending the new one, but you could have to interrupt that path, so...

-The "new soldier indicator" could be a bit bigger, sometimes I have to tap more than once on it.

things I'd like to see:

- powerups! maybe parachuted from the allies on the field. Additional time, temporary speed increase...

-post-game statistics (how many soldiers passed for each type, how many soldiers killed for each type, longest run, shortest run)

-funny audio one-liners from the enemies ("Who's there?" "Woof!" - from the dog )

-a map with multiple checkpoints (take dynamite - make something explode - escape). Each reached checkpoint could have his time extension.

8. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

when you start to draw the line of a soldier its circle has another circle move inside it to indicate which one to go to. I had this problem at first but then noticed the above :)

9. sam the lion

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    You are right, I noticed the smaller circles, but for some reason i thought they appeared when the path was finished. It's very useful, indeed - and I got suddenly better, passed from 17 to 106 :D

10. Portugeeza

Portugeeza Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Hi Guys

Im hoping you can help me install this beta on my 3GS I have copied the files to my iTunes
    I have then sync my iTunes with your iPhone, but nothing is on my iPhone.
    Could someone please help me with this.
    Im useing windows vista to do this.

11. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

Hey hey,
    thanks TA members! Your help is great! We'll go thru each comment on Monday and will have brainstorming :)

12. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Um did you copy the right files? YOu actuallly dont copy them you drag them onto itunes apps window.

13. craneballs

Also drag the other file from the archive into iTunes.

14. Portugeeza

Portugeeza Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Hi Guys

thanks for the help, for reason I was thinking that I had to put all the files in to the iTunes folder it's self, thats why it was not working.
    now I can have a good play with this very good game :)

15. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Just woke up!
    Suggestions:
    Music
    Fast-forward
    Restart button in the pause menu
    More maps (At least 4 if you want to compete with the other line-drawing games)

16. sam the lion

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    I don't really understand the need for fast-forward in this game. I'm pretty much busy from the start to the end. It could be a good idea if they decide to make it start easier than now.

17. craneballs

we have 4 maps already designed, just need to put them there, also music will be there. Restart is actually good idea.
    And we are thinking about those Power-ups

18. Anyone that is beta testing 33rd division and wants to join the social group for it let me know and i will add you to the group.

Testing this and Earth Vs Moon and both are awesome...You all gonna love the new weapons in that one and as for 33rd Division only had a few goes and high score of only 72 :( but gonna sit down and have a proper good session on it later on.

19. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Geez I suck!
    My highscore is only 11 :(

20. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    only 72!?!?!?!? my highscore is 11 :)