40 Beta Testers are needed for One Tap Hero and Mr. Frog!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Wen, Jun 15, 2012.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    All that being the case, there does appear to be a glitch the first time you launch the app, because I definitely didn't get any achievements or meet any objectives the first couple of games, even though I'm sure I actually did meet some of the criteria.

2. feng_ye

feng_ye Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Game Develoepr @Coconut Island Games
    #62 feng_ye, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
    @.THOTH.
    BTW, if you'd like to see the gameplay data we gathered from One Tap Hero, I can share a link after you upload it.

3. feng_ye

feng_ye Member

Dec 9, 2009
    @PointOfLight
    Thanks for beta testing One Tap Hero. How's your progress now? Level 1-9 needs a small trick to grab the golden key, otherwise it's just a piece of cake to get 3 stars;)

Have fun:cool:

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well, I'm up to 1-18 now. Not stuck again, just haven't had a chance to get any further yet. Still loving it, though.

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So I'm enjoying Mr. Frog a whole lot more now that I'm earning achievements and going up levels :) I am wondering what the shelf life of the game will be like once all the achievements are earned, though. Not saying I'm close or anything like that, I'm just curious.

Also, I had something really bizarre happen to me today that I've never seen in the 4+ years that I've been playing / testing iOS apps. I hit the icon to launch Mr. Frog and the Coconut Island splash screen came up. Then another logo screen came up that I didn't recognize at first, but it was followed by the splash screen to a completely different game! Now unlike what I first suspected that game's icon is on the same screen as Mr. Frog, but they are far enough apart that I couldn't have fat-fingered and hit them both. Has anyone ever experienced something like this before?

6. pjchambers

pjchambers Member

Jun 21, 2012
    New Zealand
    Ok, thanks for the info, I'll try to reproduce it at the office and find out what's causing it.

7. pjchambers

pjchambers Member

Jun 21, 2012
    New Zealand
    Glad to hear you are enjoying Mr. Frog :) I'm considering letting the player reset the objectives so they can play through them again, a bit like Halfbrick's Jetpack Joyride. Also we're thinking about adding other game modes in a future update after the game has been released to extend the life of the game, though nothings confirmed yet.

I've never had a second app launch the way you describe above, let us know if it happens again!

What's the highest score you've gotten so far on Mr. Frog?

thanks,
    Paul

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Honestly, I haven't been paying too much attention to the score. I don't think it's been real high, though.

I think additional game modes would be cool. I'll give some better suggestions when I've played the game more. I'll be honest and say that I haven't paid quite as much attention to that one as I have to One Tap Hero yet.

9. Totenmaske

Totenmaske Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    3PL Terminal Manager
    Sahuarita, AZ
    #69 Totenmaske, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    Love OTH so far...the game did crash on me when I mistakenly hit 'reload' twice in quick succession. I have been unable to replicate the issue but did send the test data (User: Stanley Holtsclaw).

I'm a little frustrated at this point with Mr. Frog as I don't seem to be making any headway at all...can't seem to meet any of the "Talents" or anything so I'm not sure that I'm progressing - my highest score so far is 3119.

Should I delete re-install?

I'm also not sure where/how to access the questionnaire...

10. I am in the same boat. No talents whatsoever. I will scan through the posts and see if I missed something.

11. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    The questionnaire should be in the install testflight email

12. pjchambers

pjchambers Member

Jun 21, 2012
    New Zealand
    Can you tell me what talents you currently have as objectives? When you play the game, press the pause button and let me know what you see. thanks.

13. pjchambers

pjchambers Member

Jun 21, 2012
    New Zealand
    Play the game and press the pause button, you will see the current Talents you are given. Please list them here and I can offer some tips to complete them if needed.

14. feng_ye

feng_ye Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Thanks for beta testing OTH and reporting the crash issue. We introduced some instability in version 0.9.20 and currently under investigation.

Also, I just found we introduced a bug in playtest data sending in version 0.9.20. The progress of the game may be wiped out once you send your playtest data and close the app:( So if you're playing version 0.9.20, please make sure you send the data when you decide no longer playing it. Or you can wait for the next build to fix the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The questionnaire link is in the testflight relase notes, or you can just access here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dFd2LUNKREY1bVVTVU1ETktObHFLUGc6MQ

15. I turned off my iPad and turned it back on and now I was able to achieve talents and achievements. So it was a bug of sorts.

16. Totenmaske

Totenmaske Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    3PL Terminal Manager
    Sahuarita, AZ
    Yep...fixed mine too although I think I had already tried that once but maybe not.

17. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Finally starting to really get the hang of Mr Frog now, finally starting to get decent scores 9900+ level 4

18. feng_ye

feng_ye Member

Dec 9, 2009
    TO BETA TESTERS OF ONE TAP HERO:

If you got the version of 0.9.20, you'll receive a new build notification email. This is due to we accidentally introduce a bug that will wipe out your game progress once you submit your test data(by tapping the "star" button on the left of title screen).:eek:

I re-uploaded a new build with this issue fixed. So if you got version 0.9.20, please update your build.

19. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    DOH! Just saw I wasn't using sandbox missed out on all those achievements being recorded btw anyone check the end credits.... Awesome worth a look

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I have this problem with always wanting to be on the latest beta, but I'm gathering that wasn't the smartest idea this time around? I tried downloading the most recent version of One Tap Hero, and now it won't let me finish the install (and consequently means I can't play) :( Am I just out of luck right now???