80's Flavored "Saturday Morning RPG"

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Benny M., Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    GI Joe reference?

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Come on... Out with it; what is the expected release date for Saturday Morning RPG? Is it still expected for Janurary 2012?!? Evil generic Voltron rip-off demands an answer now.

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    "by the power of greyskull" I too demand a release date :)

4. Bluez

Bluez Well-Known Member

Nice Job on Poster can't wait for this!

5. Benny M.

Benny M. Active Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Intern/student
    Raleigh, NC

Oh man, don't unleash the fury on me yet guys!! Due to some (very positive) outside direct game dev opportunities, we will be holding the game for release until later in February or (hopefully not) into early March. I really hate to tug folks along, but the delay, I assure you, is to the best interest in final game quality as well as series longevity. Bear with us a bit longer, and the HOUR, neigh, the MINUTE we have a firm release date to send out, I will be vigilant in letting it be known! The game is looking better than ever, and soon we will have another trailer with developer commentating to share with you next week.

6. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Lol thanks for the update. I'm not unleashing any fury just thought I'd throw in a classic reference while asking for the date :)
    This is one game I'm seriously looking forward to though. All the references to my youth are looking to good.

7. Benny M.

Benny M. Active Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Intern/student
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks dude! We appreciate the support! Here's a texture I like from the game that's going to be in Commander Hood's hideout, just for you :D

Hood Hideout Security Cameras
    [​IMG]

8. Benny M.

Benny M. Active Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Intern/student
    Raleigh, NC

For you sir, here's a peek at the high school you'll see in the second episode... threw a little reference in if you're a fan of Skyrim (won't be in game)

High school bully with dragon shout = your worst nightmare

9. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Thanks. It's looking sweet. Can't wait to get to play this. (hopefully there's not to long left to wait) :)

10. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Looks really good, can't wait

11. Benny M.

Benny M. Active Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Intern/student
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks man!

...couldn't help but notice you write reviews for iPhone games for Examiner. Any chance you would want to take a look at our final build for submission to do a possible review or preview on the game?

12. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    I PM'd you

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If you guys don't hurry up and release this then it'll come out AFTER Sunday Morning RPG and everyone will be confused. It's not like here won't be further delays with the episodic content once this finally does come out. I'm irrationally and tempermentally calling vaporware in an obnoxious attempt to goad developers.

14. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Can't wait...hope to know a release date to wait for it

15. zimonkey420

zimonkey420 Active Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Hey, just wanted to say that this game looks awesome & is easily my most anticipated IOS game of 2012 ! I really hope it releases soon !
    That being said, i have a question.... PLEASE tell me that this will run on an iPhone 3G ? please ?

16. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Well considering its not a 3d or UE game, it looks like it should.

17. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    We're shooting to support everything but 1st gen devices. The funny thing is, right now the game runs like a champ on iPod Touch 2nd Gen, but has some issues on phones from the same generation. It shouldn't be too hard for us to optimize and figure out. We don't want to leave anyone out (unless you've got a 1st gen device, and if you do, you really should upgrade ;)).

18. Deathrow

Deathrow Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    That could be because the iPod 2nd gen's processor runs at around 530MHz, while the one in the iPhone 3G runs at 412MHz. Those 100 or so MHz sound like a decent bump to performance.

19. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ah, excellent! For some reason I thought the 3G had a slightly faster processor than the 2nd gen touch. This is definitely good info that I totally should have researched - thanks for pointing it out.

In any case, we're definitely going to make sure the game is running properly on 3G phones before we launch it.

20. Deathrow

Deathrow Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Glad to be of assistance. Now I can boast that I helped in the development of the game :D . Seriously though, I'm very excited about this game. Hope it captures that 80's cartoon shows spirit (even though I'm an early 90's cartoons kid). Really liking the whole Persona-like roaming around the school and the sprites. Hope you insert alot of references to cartoon show of childhood glory :) . Good luck.