Universal 9th Dawn II (by Valorware)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by syntheticvoid, Mar 12, 2016.

1. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Solid action-rpg with a unique style. Instabought without even glancing at the price.

2. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Excellent so far. Nice to sometimes play a game like this with focus on 1 character and not a party.

3. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    So are stats on the loot set or can you find a piece of armor with slightly better stats?

Also... Is crafting in the game yet? I have mainly been exploring and haven't don't much of the main story.

4. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    How does this compare to the first one in regards to main and side quests? I really enjoyed the first but I never finished it, I ended up getting lost and not knowing what to do or where to go. Are there quest markers in this one?

5. Brag-Art

Brag-Art Member

Nov 11, 2011
    I make promotional media
    San Francisco
    Ok so apparently I'm slow, but totally stumped by this puzzle. Any hints? Thank you!

6. Findalflin

Findalflin Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2016
    I can't figure the first crypt mission and the red stone so I have to use it somewhere in here?

7. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    look somewhere else for the way in - this is just a viewing point!

8. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    This game is awesome. It has everything to be a good rpg. But its missing an important point: good maps. Getting lost so many times in dungeouns is just frustrating. Why is there no dungeon map? Also after some time into the game i dont know where to go. The quest book is a mess. Nothing is sorted in the quest book.
    This could have been a great game. But it makes the same mistakes as the first part did.
    The Titel of the game should be "9th dawn II - Get even more lost".

9. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I installed on an iPad Mini 2 (retina), and I'm confused. The "hand" (interact) button seems to do nothing at all. Can't read the first note podium, nothing.

Any idea?

10. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Agreed. I get the appeal of making you pay attention to your surroundings and listen to what people say for clues as to where to go next, but those clues are just not there like they are in, say, dragon quest 3. And yeah, the quest book and the maps are basically zero help. Can't even zoom? If this was a pc game it would be one thing. But if you want someone to pull this out of their pocket and pick it up when they get a chance, you have to respect their time and just give em a little nudge about where things stand with quests.

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Not sure of this'll work as I haven't gotten my new phone yet (tonight or tomorrow!!!), but in the original, the game played a lot better when I stopped using the hand icon all together and just tapped on what I wanted. Even on my smaller iP5 screen, the touch detection was very precise.

12. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Tropical Island Pirate Hangout
    An extra frame or two for the walk/run cycle would be cool...

13. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    So aside of crafting questions, like where is it? And are loots stats set or do they get more randomized from drops?

Will there be a way to clear up the quest log when completed or a dungeon map? I would love to see areas I have explored in a map.

14. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    What gave you the idea there is crafting in the game?

15. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    The official website for the game where it says there is and the drops in the game that say they are used for alchemy.

16. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I see, thats weird indeed.

17. spidersaur

spidersaur Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Compared to the first one are there more quests and story? I feel like the first game felt kind of empty, with the pixel art style being relatively simple I thought it would be pretty easy to add a bunch of quests but for most of the game (based on how far I got, which was admittedly only a few hours) the quests were few and far between, a few towns I remember didn't even have a single one which made visiting them pointless. Maybe I'm expecting too much for a mobile indie game but I thought with how the game was built it would be easier to add a lot of content.

18. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #118 BillyOceansBlues, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    I cant play this game with headphones, it's jutting out directly into my palm. Rationalie for locking the screen and deciding for it to be one way over the other? Just turn rotation on.
    EDIT: I want to make sure you know how much I dig these games and appreciate your hard work on them. Don't want to seem ungrateful with these whiney complaints. :p

19. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Unfortunately in 9th Dawn 2 you don't have the option of just tapping the screen were you want to search, you must use the hand icon to search open chests open doors etc, I do agree it did make things easier in 9th Dawn, if it's possible we may get that option in a update.

20. Findalflin

Findalflin Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Is there alchemy or weapon crafting I'm loving it so far thank you for giving us this gem worth every penny