A deeper look at the EDGE trademark dispute

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dudehuge, May 29, 2009.

1. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    ******* **** this guy is pissing me off..if i ever see him on the streets im gona beat the **** out of him..

2. Man of Mystery

Man of Mystery Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2008
    texas
    really i always thought it was referring to the edges of the cube, like how you balance on them, etc.

3. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    The douchebag deserves all kinds of indecency that I personally don't think anyone on Earth should deserve (like getting head chopped off by terrorists on major news network, or getting their innards ripped out and watching it being done, or getting raped by other men).

Hopefully someone would just register for that trademark as soon as it expires and claim to do it on the basis of protecting mankind from his misused of the word Edge.

4. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Makes sense! I guess in my mind, I always thought about how my cube always seems "this close" to rolling off the e***.

5. But tell us how you really feel... :)

Yes, this guy is a douchebag of the highest order, but he's not unique. There are plenty of trademark squatters and patent trolls who sit on these things and try to sue anyone who uses them out of existence. In fact, patent trolls are even worse, because they come up with patentable ideas they have no intention of ever developing just so they can sue anyone who uses them down the road. At least Douche McBag here has used the name in some fashion, even if he's stretching his claims to it tighter than Joan Van Ark's face.

6. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Can't they just rename the game and move on?

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    NEVA! *in spartan accent* This man must be taken down. He must stop suing over a geometrical term. Justice must be served. -kicks MRWND into a particularly deep well-

*in Batman's slighty moronic deep voice* This forum just showed you that it's full of people ready to believe in good.

8. mattboo81

mattboo81 Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I wonder if this wanker has tried to sue the WWE, their world champion is currently a wrestler named Edge.

9. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    lmao thats funny. id love to see him try and get beaten up

10. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Rename it "edge" all-lowercase... and/or countersue for lost profits due to App Store down time :p

11. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    The WWE is not immune to trademark disputes. The WWE was once the WWF until the other WWF chose to defend their name. If Tim Langdell did choose to sue, Edge would probably just become Redge.

[​IMG]

12. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    lol thats funny, redge sounds so much lamer than edge...

and wwf stands for uhm...world..something foundation..has to do with wildlife preserves right, i see a panda haha

13. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    #53 spacecowgoesmoo, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
    It's World Wildlife Fund.

..lol, now I'm imagining the WWE with that panda logo; That would be an awesome storyline for them to do :)

14. Draven

Draven Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    They offered to, Langdell then trademarked their choice and the saga continued...

15. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Link?

16. Mobigame

Mobigame Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
  17. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Thanks - it does indeed look like Langdell is being a complete ******* here.

And the interesting thing will be if the association turns into the "We Love Tim" fanclub or if they grow a set and tackle him in whatever ways they can.

18. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Wow that guy is such a little shit.

19. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    This might help
    http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html