A thought about TouchArcade's environment

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by MrAlbum, Aug 12, 2013.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Ahh I just noticed you're in Alaska. It all makes sense now! :)

2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Must be nice an quiet there.

3. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I pity him even more now.

4. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    Who now? Less is often extremely confusing.

5. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    You now.

More is always confusing.

6. MrAlbum

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    May I ask why the pity?

pity - the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it

If this wasn't what you meant, then please use a more appropriate word.

7. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    You may.

I'd get banned for it.

8. MrAlbum

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    PM me the word, along with an explanation as to why you see me in that light. Because I am specifically asking you to do this out of curiosity (and since it wouldn't be a public post), it wouldn't be a problem for moderators... I think.

9. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #49 k1lljoy_89, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    PM's are boring.

Besides I don't think I could explain anything to you. I'm not literal enough with my words for your shallow understanding.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'm guessing you aren't around the forums too much. KJ's been trying to make fun of you this entire thread, and your apparent cluelessness has really tickled his inner "start a pointless argument" instincts.

11. MrAlbum

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    I'm around the forums plenty. Check out the old thread on Infinity Diablo; I was there, just as an example. I also played Devil's Advocate for the Manos: Hands of Fate review. I may not read every thread, but I keep tabs on what goes around here on a daily basis.

It's hard to figure out emotional context from text, which is why I try to be so wordy. If I can be clear on what I am trying to say, then a higher-quality discussion has the chance to take place. Since I have no control over how others respond, I simply have to do my best and hope good things happen when I do so.

Also, I pay more attention to the words that were said, and less to the people that say them, again because other people are beyond my power to control. I can influence, but only so much. So I often take conversations seriously, even in kinda silly situations. Considering the nature of the conversations in this thread, I probably took KJ's words too seriously, if you are telling the truth.

Then again, why should I not take things seriously? The potential to learn something far outweighs the risk of it being useless. Why must the argument be pointless?

I was aware that he was trying to "get my goat." I was waiting to see how far he would take it, kinda like in those Looney Tunes cartoons where Sylvester goes to ever more ridiculous lengths just to nab Tweety Bird... and that darned bird thwarts him every time.

Also, one must follow every parry with a riposte, or else you won't score the touch. FENCING FTW!

Thoughts?

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Prepare for your immolation.

13. MrAlbum

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    Aaaaand we are off-topic. *deep breath*

Feel free to discuss the topics of the thread! I'll come back to this later, to see what else folks come up with, or if I have something new.

14. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Tl:dr

There was a topic?

15. MrAlbum

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    Yes, there was a topic. I'd recommend reading the thread to refresh one's memory of it. Anyway, /peace_out

16. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I don't have the time or patience to read that nonsense, let alone re-read it.

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I have to admit, I didn't even read the response to my post due to the length. Nothing personal though, I'm just feeling incredibly lazy today.

I'm pretty sure this thread is going to be moved into the Lounge at some point.

18. MrAlbum

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    Thank you, I was wondering when that would happen :) Figured it would take a bit.

19. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Thought about posting here for a bit now, but why bother? It really says something to even consider that thought process, doesn't it?

Short answer: Cilo nailed it.

@ Mr. Album - Baha'is RULE. Two of the most bizarrely kind, generous, truly virtuous, nonjudgmental, empathetic, passionate people I've ever known and probably ever will know are practicing Baha'is.

Oddly enough, I met and worked with them (I'm a clinician, they're foster parents) during my 11 years in Alaska, where you apparently live!

Don't let the internet get you down. You of all people (living in Alaska) probably have a pretty firm grasp on how "important" the world inside our iDevices actually is... ;):D

Best,

DBC

20. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I saw a video on YouTube interviewing Vangelis the composer. He was asked why he didn't partake in the Facebook, Twitter, social media culture and forums on the Internet etc....
    He simply answered he did not wish to impose himself upon others.
    He was also quite humble about his music and was unsure how history would weigh his contributions to music. He expressed a hope for the future that people may still listen to his work but he wasn't sure......