Abducted by Sunside Inc

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sunsidegames, Feb 16, 2013.

1. sunsidegames

sunsidegames Well-Known Member

#21 sunsidegames, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    Thanks guys! The first episode should be out in September, but we don't have a final date locked down. We'll be coordinating that with Apple as we get closer, and depending on how that goes, it could be a little bit earlier or later than we expect.

We will start a public beta test next month for those who preorder the PC Collectors Edition through our website. www.sunsidegames.com/abducted

Thanks!

Richard Cowgill
    www.sunsidegames.com

2. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Nice, count me in on the preorder and beta. You folks are worth being supported.

3. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Looking very much forward to this. Can't wait!

4. mlago9

mlago9 Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Nice I can't wait for this game! Count me in on the beta when it releases.

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    First time I've heard of this. Very interesting.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Any news on this Sunsidegames?

7. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    I read this on indiedb.com if the game has been released since October 1 but what's going on here? No news and summer had over too... it'll be winter soon :|
    Hello dev, are you still planning to release the game this year?

8. ploink

ploink Active Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Male
    Designer / Programmer
    Berlin, Germany
    Looks beautiful and mysteriously interesting!

9. sunsidegames

Abducted Beta Sign up

Hey guys,

Sorry for the absence, we have been working really hard on this project and with just two of us sometimes the PR side gets put off. :(

To answer your question, yes we are still trying to ship this year. In fact we are about ready to do a private beta starting around Nov 18th, anyone who is interested please let us know! Send us an email to [email protected] and we will send you a TestFlight invitation.

Specifically, we need people who have iPhone4S and newer, and iPad 2, 3, 4 and iPad minis. If you can let us know what devices you have to test when you contact us that would be great.

Thanks!
    Joe Riedel
    Sunside Games

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  11. sunsidegames

Invite sent!

12. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Email sent!

13. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
  14. sunsidegames

Invite sent!

15. sunsidegames

Invite sent!

16. sunsidegames

Beta Status

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to update you all on the status of the beta. We got a lot of good test coverage from a small group and we may not need to pull anyone else into it.

I know this is disappointing, and I do apologize about it. Time is partially an element of this as well. We've secured a release date for the App Store for later this month (read between the lines), and that means we are focusing on the last remaining elements and integrating our existing beta feedback, all in time to meet a submission date that is rapidly approaching.

I promise some promo-codes for anyone that we got into testflight that didn't get to participate. Make sure to bug me if you don't get them after we release (things have been hectic).

Thanks again!
    -- Joe

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow this is the first I've seen of this one, sure looks promising! I'm glad the beta has gone well and I look forward to the full release soon!

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    This does look really promising. Looking forward to the launch!

19. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    So I couldn't participate in the testflight, I signed up for the testflight. Now I'll get a code??? Right???

20. sunsidegames

#40 sunsidegames, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    Launch Date / Support Devices / Rambling

Hey there, I just wanted to confirm our December 19 launch date for Episode One of Abducted. The most I can safely say about it is we have been in touch with the higher ups at Apple. The entire game will consist of six episodes.

Everyone's support has really been invaluable, and I wanted to thank you guys for your encouragement. Not a lot of people know, but Sunside is really small, just 2 of us with a handful of friends that are able to pitch in on stuff here and there. Being a small developer can be really hard sometimes, but it's worth it.

Abducted has been a labor of love - we've had this game concept for over 10 years. Richard and I began making the game back in 2002. The game company we worked at went out of business in mid 2003 and we went our separate ways. Although the concept has been iterated over the years, much of the soul of the game is very much alive here. If anyone is curious here's a link to a blog I wrote some time ago about it, before we ever formed Sunside: http://www.joecodegood.net/blogs/?p=415

Anyway, I'll stop my rambling here and I hope everyone enjoys playing the game.

Down to a bit of business though, Abducted is graphically taxing, real-time lighting, shadows, and fog, so I recommend you play it on a modern device. Here is the official supported device breakdown:

Recommended Devices:
    * iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display
    * iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c

Supported Devices:
    * iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad 4, iPad 3
    * iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
    * Universal Application
    * Requires: iOS 6.1

Unsupported Devices:
    * iPad 2, iPad 1
    * iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3Gs
    * iPod Touch (all versions)