Universal Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Trilogy HD - (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 29, 2013.

1. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Note that this isn't just one game, but three full-length games in one app.

2. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    To echo everyone else, this is more than a game, it is the essence of life itself.

No but in all seriousness, if you've never played through a PW game you really need to immerse yourself in the amazing storytelling and atmosphere that the game invokes. Plus, there's easily 40 hours of gameplay across the three games, and about another 5-10 hours if you get stuck/lost (which you will unless you use a walkthrough, but DON'T USE A WALKTHROUGH). :)

3. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Since I have played this series before and this game isn't touched up completely(in accord to tbe TA review), is there any chance of the IAP prices going down later on? Can always pick it up later at a cheaper price.

4. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Well, if Capcom follows on from what they did with Ghost Trick, you can expect to see the IAP temporarily drop by a dollar or so in a year's time.

5. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    There aren't any choices that affect things in a lasting way, so don't worry about that.

6. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Is there any way to share a GIF via iPad without using a computer? I don't have my desktop with me and when I save the gif the image loses its animation :confused:

The game is also not posting it to my twitter account...

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well the only way I know of sharing the gif is through email or twitter (which I haven't used). You can use the app on your ipad to email it to whoever you want to and it should work.

I'm also guessing it's not losing the animation but actually iOS image applications can't play gifs so it'll look like the image isn't moving.

8. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    Objection! Where is your evidence to conclude you're a true Phoenix Wright fan?

9. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    [​IMG]

10. twistedmind87

twistedmind87 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Great game - good use of landscape and portrait mode, runs smooth and works well on touch screen. Plenty of content although little replay value, fairly lengthy campaign though.

11. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I had replayed the DS versions a few times. After a while, you will forget how it goes, and then it will be fresh.

These three games tell a story. I find them better than the games that followed. Enjoy. :)

12. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Interesting detail: characters blinked in every scene in the DS versions. Here, characters only blink in a few circumstances. Just a very small detail, I guess they slip up.

13. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    These are the zombie Gyakuten Saiban characters. Now that you know, you must become infected... Brainsssss......

14. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    It's been mentioned numerous times already in the thread. I just prefer to not look at the eyes. If you do, you'll never stop looking at them. Minor nuisance.

15. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I wanted to share via imgur or Dropbox but unfortunately the pics lose their animations when uploaded. Even though when I use ifile and select 'open in icab' it shows animated.

16. Rasec Noir

Rasec Noir Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Porto, Portugal
    Hmm, are the achievements working?

I'm on the first case and i said to the judge that the victim is mia fey but i didn't got the gamecenter achievement.

Weird, and i'm connected to the internet.

17. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    I like how this rendition turned out so far, and has completely sucked me in. Guess I wont be buying warhammer quest for a while. :)

18. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    #178 zzandreezz, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
    Hold it! Objection! Take that!
    I'm at a scene that
    Edgeworth is shooting a man :O No, Edgeworth, why did you shoot him??

Mod Edit: Add spoiler tags when discussing plot points. Please don't ruin the game for people who haven't played it yet.

19. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Even though the game is far from perfect (sometimes the app closes when I switch to another app, no german translation, etc.), I have a blast when playing it.
    I knew it would be worth the wait. After buying part one two years ago (0,79 € back then in the App Store) I only managed to get part 4 for 3DS (it's a DS game I snagged at Amazon for 6 €).
    Now I'm more than happy to be able to play part 2 & 3. Of course, as it's not translated to german, I could've played part one again. It surely would've been a new experience. But I was able to recap all five cases, and I searched the internet for things I didn't know anymore.
    So I decided to directly start with part 2, Justice for All. And it's really great, thumbs up! :)
    I love the deep story, the exaggerated, crazy characters and the humour in this game. Looking forward to part 5!

20. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #180 tblrsa, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    Enjoy it! I chose to restart with the first game, which I have already bought when Capcom first released it a long while ago. It´s almost like a fresh experience. The remade art is good, although the Pixel Look did not disturb me at all. Sure, at some level this game is childish, but then again, the story is adorable and the writing is perfect. I´ve never played another PW game except first, so I´m eager to read more of it.

I don´t feel bad for admitting I´m a Phoenix Wright Fan either. Maybe it´s because I love court room drama. ;)