iPhone Across Age HD

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Future777, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

I don´t think that Herbert doesn´t enjoy touchscreen in general, I think he is specifically asking because Across Age (as an RPG) has a very long playtime. I agree that using the TV output and the iphone as a controller would be a nice feature but we doubt it will be worth the additional effort as only a small percentage even owns the TV out cable..but we´ll think about it for future productions.

2. Future777

Patreon Studio

new screen...WTF? Where´s the water?! :D

[​IMG]
    :D:):D

3. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Control issues...

excited to play the game but I'm a little concerned about the controls on the iPAD, too. the device is bigger and wider, which improves many games, but virtual dpad-heavy games like, say, Street Fighter(2x view), lost much of their appeal when played on the bigger device.

Is there ANY shot of a Dungeon Hunter-style control option with either drag and follow controls or, even better, the 'tap to location' controls? games requiring minimal virtual dpad interaction on the iPAD are fantastic. I've found that i've enjoyed TD and strategy games (and soon JRPGs) a lot more on the iPad, while games requiring more intricate response just work better on the ipod touch/iphone.

Across Age HD looks STUNNING, but i'd hate for the appeal of the game to be limited because of a lack of iPAD control options...

4. Future777

Patreon Studio

The movement control hasn´t changed - it´s the same as in Across Age (iPhone) but the attacks are now more precise as we got rid of the diagonal bump attack. Dpad: You don´t have to use the full size of the dpad to walk into all directions, it will be enough to just move around the inner circle of the d-pad gfx. You can adjust the height of the dpad and buttons, which is also new in this version of the game. I think the game will be very playable for everyone but we´ll keep an eye on the valued customers feedback once it´s out.

5. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    oh also, has this been submitted yet? you said monday :)

6. Future777

Patreon Studio

Yep, we submitted the game. But just right now :D

7. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Nice! Now we have to hope Apple can turn it around quickly!

8. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I hope this gets approved this week. I am ready to hand over my money.

9. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Me too. I've got my wallet ready.

10. Future777

Patreon Studio

Thank you, BT and Squeaker. I'm sorry but I wasn't mentioning the release date yet. Its Sept.30 :/ it's scheduled for a release 2 weeks after Beyond Ynth which becomes available tomorrow. A bit more waiting, but it will be worth the wait.

11. Soulblitz

Soulblitz Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    That's the day before I go on holiday! Looks like I know what I'll be playing on the journey ;)

12. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

That sounds good, it is nice to know the date. Going to buy Beyond Ynth tonight.

13. Future777

Patreon Studio

Thank you very much! :)

14. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    A sly fox you are, coaxing all my $$ into your pocket.. :p Beyond Ynth looks too good to pass on too..

15. PaPaFuNk

PaPaFuNk Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I got tired of waiting for this as I heard end of August so I spent my money on Crimson Gem Saga instead. I am glad I did reading about at least another two week delay. :(

I will prob end up getting this one when it goes on sale down the road, but I would have spent whatever money they were asking for it if it had come out two weeks ago..

The game does look great and I hope it actually gets released soon for everyone.

16. Future777

Patreon Studio

#116 Future777, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    sorry to keep you waiting until Sept.30 - we just couldn´t submit a "buggy" game especially for the price asked so we gave it extra-polish and testing time.

Thank you for your support, Squeaker. I think you´ll have a great time with both games.

17. PaPaFuNk

PaPaFuNk Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    No need for any apology, I understand. I hope I did not come across as being jerky. Just been wanting a new rpg for a while and cgs went on sale so I grabbed it. Reading about the length of the game it will take me a while so waiting a bit longer for Across Age HD. It looks great and I'm sure it will do well for you guys! Maybe I will get lucky again and it will be $5 by the time I get to it. :)

18. Smedley

Smedley Member

Aug 23, 2008
    It's going to be a long 2 weeks.... :rolleyes:

19. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Darn you! Now I had to go and buy CGS! I never buy iPhone games but this looked too good to skip. No worries, will still buy Across Age when it comes out!

20. SBeaudry17

SBeaudry17 Member

Sep 16, 2010
    That game looks incredibly nice and filled with great details. A definite buy as soon as it comes out!