Universal Active Soccer 2 a new football game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheFoxSoft, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFoxSoft

TheFoxSoft Well-Known Member

Still in waiting for review status. The waiting is killing me as well! :)
    Meanwhile I am working for an update that fixes few bugs and improves the game a little bit. It will be finished this evening and I expect to be released just after the official 1.0 release.

2. TheFoxSoft

I confirm you can play a full season without any annoying IAP.
    The rosters are really accurate, each team has even a custom tactic but of course latest market transfers are excluded.

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    One more week to go.... I guess I'll stick with FRS15 one more week then, but the game is too easy and doesn't look as good as yours

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thanks again for answering. That's not a problem especially since you can make transfers within your season. I will be buying the second it hits the store! Like another poster until then back to First Touch 2015.

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Are you referring to First Touch 2015 if so yes it is very easy I am killing it on hard mode with Leeds United so I know if I can kill it with Leeds it must be too easy :)

This one looks like a gem the old school feel but graphics still shine, the ability to play portrait and landscape and the kicker way more teams than any other soccer game on mobile!

6. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah I am referring to First Touch Soccer 15, I didn't choose Chelsea because it would have been too easy, I took Nottingham Forest and I am basically first of the premier league, Europa league with a much bigger stadium etc... Just too easy! And as FIFA is absolutely crap this year (the ultimate team mode only is a joy killer) well Active Soccer 2 became before its launch my only hope of getting a real football sensation on IOS with my favourite team Gamba Osaka ^^

7. TheFoxSoft

progress update:
    the new version is almost ready and it will implement the following:

- MFI controllers (the code is completed, I am awaiting to receive a controller in order to test it)
    - Auto save lineup and tactics in career mode
    - Competition yellow cards summary is now displayed for each player, so you can have a quick look on players that could be suspended if they get another booking.
    - Pass skill > 99 bug fixed: Player skills are adjusted at the end of the season depending on seasonal performance and if they are in a good form they could have values > 99. In version 1.0.0 players with values > 99 could have bad passes accuracy, the new version assure skills are at maximum 99.
    - Custom tournaments: bookings and suspensions are now 100% accurate.
    - National teams shirt number bug fixed: At the end of the season, each national team lineup is adjusted according to seasonal performance of the players. Now the players shirt number are correctly assigned.

8. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    In one word "BEAU TI FUL"

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Every morning when I wake up I check here hoping to see it's in the store.
    good to know it's getting close, thanks Fox for answering our questions and allowing us to give feedback. Can't wait to play as my fav teams PSG, QPR, Leeds, Zenit, Panathinaikos and Barcelona!

10. TheFoxSoft

Active Soccer 2 iOS version has been approved!

30th January is confirmed! Yeah! :)

11. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Such a tease!!! lol

Insta-buy for sure. Great update log as well.

12. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    I'll pick this up when MFi controller support has been added.

Sorry, but controller support was added to the SDK in iOS 7, it's just laziness to not include support in games now.

iOS has a real chance to be taken seriously as a gaming platform with the power of recent devices yet developers continue to hold the platform back by enforcing the freemium/IAP model and not supporting controllers.

13. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    It's not laziness, it's just that the dev didn't have any MFi controller to test it, so I totally understand why he didn't ad it, because he couldn't make sure it was going to work properly. I would also love this game to be icade compactible, but it's ok if he cannot make it, let's not forget he is not as rich as EA or Gameloft ^^ he's not gonna buy all the controllers for us

14. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #94 Dailon80, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    Your opinion that's all. I have no desire to have a controller. That's my opinion not everyone agrees that's life. He's not making the game for you but for lots of people at one time. Now having said that Mobile gaming is already being taking seriously now that we know for a fact that apps made more money than movies last year. In thinking about it further you do have a common complaint and a lot of gamers want the controller option and it appears this game will have that option at some point so stay patient.

15. TheFoxSoft

Hi guys,
    I summarize the controlller situations in order to avoid confusion:
    - iCade: fully working and tested in this 1.0.0 version in both landscape and portrait mode
    - MFI controller: the new version supports them and the development is finished. I am waiting to receive a controller in order to test the game. I estimate to receive it on 27th January. If everything goes well the new version (that fixes some bugs + mfi controller support) should be available on the store around 4th-5th February. After all it is only a short waiting, only 3-6 days depending on apple approval time! :)

16. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Good to see that controller support has been added and will come in an update.

I was skeptical of controllers on iOS but after getting the Steelseries Stratus XL I cannot play a game on iOS using touch controls. The tipping point for me was Tomb Raider 2 which is an abomination on iOS when played with touch controls, it simply cannot be played.

Of course there are certain titles which are better with touch controls such as Telltale's games, even though they support MFi controllers. Playing a game like BioShock, Strangers Wrath, or Monster Hunter FU with a controller changes the experience entirely.

For me, as someone who despite being a keen gamer from age 7 when I got my Spectrum 128k +2 right through to my early 30's on PS3 and Xbox 360, I now use my iPad as my primary gaming device. I have no desire to pick up one of the new consoles, so controller support is something I personally look for first and foremost in any iOS title.

17. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    icade supported!!!! F**k yeah! This is awsome, thank you ^^ by the way will it be out on the 30th or will you change it to an earlier date? What I mean is "I WANT THIS NOW"! Haha, anyway I am counting down the days... 5 more to go... 5....

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    What I don't like is games that don't at least give U a virtual pad to move with. In my 30s too first system I played was Atari first one I owned was NES got it the year it came out and have not quit gaming since.

19. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    My very first console was a .... Videopac G-7400 .... It's 32 years old now

20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I've never had a chance to play that console! Wow how much the consoles Have changed but one thing is for sure games back then were unforgiving and some extremely hard and challenging.