Universal Active Soccer 2 a new football game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheFoxSoft, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    There was a very article about gaming recently, they said that 80% of new gamers (the generation after ours) wouldn't be capable of finishing the very first Mario, because recent games became too easy and you don't need to think anymore as puzzles, mazes, hidden objects or problems to solve are now very obvious

2. TheFoxSoft

TheFoxSoft Well-Known Member

#102 TheFoxSoft, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    Progress update:
    the development of the new version is finished. It now supports MFI controller and menus can be browsed through a controller (MFI or iCade).

Here is a picture!

[​IMG]

- 4 days!!!

3. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Oh man!! You're such a tease!!! lol.

Great work on the dev. ;)

4. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Four very long days.... Will we be able to play a career with one player only? Would be so great to control one player only and upgrade him

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    good to see controller support. Did I read correctly that this version will include
    The ability to play portrait and landscape modes? If so that is a really good idea!

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I know that is confirmed. A second question from that one, though. In Active Soccer 1, the game always booted up in Landscape, and I, at least, could never get into Portrait mode until I was playing a match. Will this version boot up in Portrait, with all menus, etc. in Portrait mode? That would be super awesome!

7. TheFoxSoft

I confirm the in game match supports both Portrait and Landscape mode.
    Unfortunately is not possible to set menus in Portrait mode, they are designed to be viewed in Landscape mode. Maybe in the future...

8. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    That would definitely be a future feature request. Not a deal breaker in the least, but I preferred playing the first one in Portrait, and I would have loved to be able to boot up and get through all the menus in Portrait. Regardless, looking forward to launch (hopefully) late tomorrow night!

9. Mike Wagstaff

Mike Wagstaff Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Is it the 30th yet?

No?

Bother.

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos

11. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan

12. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Are you doing the wide release switch flip, or has no one found the game in New Zealand yet? I'd definitely recommend getting it out in the next 12 hours so you make it onto Touch Arcade's game release list tonight.

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I'm curious about that as well because I am seeing release date of Jan 30th which would mean it would not be out tonight at midnight with the other games and sometimes that happens for whatever reason. If it came out at midnight tonight that would make release date Jan 29 and like I said everything i have seen says 30th.

14. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    I actually agree with that too, why not the 29th to get all the support and promotions from apple and TA?

15. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Well, I wasn't paying attention. I thought today was the 29th. Yeah, I would definitely recommend a release tonight to get the most exposure.

16. TheFoxSoft

#116 TheFoxSoft, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    I am sorry I don't understand, why is there more exposure if I release it tomorrow?

17. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Thursday is like the day all the games come out on the appstore, so if you release the game tonight you'll be in the TA promotions for all those games, I don't know why, but it's been like that forever

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I think the reference there is typically tonight at midnight a huge block of games hit the store and Toucharcade will list those games in a story and everyone runs to check what's in the store and the heavy traffic would possibly get the game to someone who was unaware of it. Now having said all that I really don't think you will have to worry about that, your game will stand out regardless! So do what you want and it's all good.

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    We answered at the same time :)
    For me where i live the new games hit at 10pm Central US time on wed nights

20. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    100% agree with that! You don't need to worry, we are a lot waiting for your game, a lot of Fifa upset fans ^^ they killed our joy this year, so a lot of football fans are waiting for a proper game, there are a few alternatives, but none really stands out