iPad Adventure Bar Story - (by RideonJapan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 7, 2012.

1. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    #101 dannythefool, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
    Wow, this is like Recettear without the annoying bits in Recettear :p

Controls are a little dodgy on the iPhone, you definitely notice what kind of device it was originally made for. However it still appears to be a very good port of a game that apparently wasn't that bad in the first place!

2. sinz2000

sinz2000 Active Member

Aug 6, 2011
    It is one of the few RPGs worth picking up on the app store that will hold your attention for more than a couple of weeks. It would be even better if there was skippable animation of people coming into the bar and buying /eating your food when you open the bar.

3. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Left a well deserved 5 star review in the dutch AppStore . I'm having a total blast with this game. Excellent job!

4. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    thank you!

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I wish this were universal, or at least have a separate iPad version. Any chance we'll see that any time soon? I'm holding off on buying for now.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    And now time for an incredibly stupid question....

How do you eat?

Gotta admit, I was probably half asleep when I first started playing this, but even when I went back through the tutorial it said you needed to eat to level up but never said how. Went through the various menus and can't seem to find it.

7. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    I'm going to assume you somehow managed to skip the menu titled "EAT" :)

If you have food in your inventory, it's there with the usual ITEM, EQUIP, etc.

8. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Anybody have some general tips for starting out? I made a bunch of different recipes but felt a bit lost on what I should do.

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The game is already number 30 on the paid charts in the US, and the new featured list isn't even out yet. That's a pretty big accomplishment for an iOS RPG. To put that into perspective, none of the other releases from yesterday are even in the top 200. Congrats on the successful sales! Haven't had time to play it yet, but I definitely will tonight.

10. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    #110 J2o, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
    Lol I was half asleep too. I purchased this game late at night. Now I can't remember where I'm supposed to go. I remembered fighting my first battle and then save it and went to sleep.

I'm liking this weird game so far.

EDITED: Never mind. I just got my first game over. Man!

11. gamelover10

gamelover10 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Can't be worse than me. I was a newb and forgot to save the game. Had to start over. Stupid me.

12. jonnycache

jonnycache Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    I really wanted to like this, it looks great even at 2x on the iPad and the controls are pretty well translated but I just can't stand the illogical of the recipes combined with the fact that you lose the ingredients if you get the recipe wrong.

G.chicken!? Cherry pie that uses Cherries, Pie dough and .... Eggs!? If you're going to make a game based around cooking why not have recipes that make sense?

13. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Why would you not lose ingredients if you get the recipe wrong? G. Chicken = Ground Chicken. The recipes actually make sense, man.

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Figured out my problem. Everytime I'd make something from a recipie, I'd put it on the menu of the bar. So I never looked prior to that to see EAT in the character menu....and, of course, it wasn't there if I put it on the menu. I was thinking we'd actually ask the bartender to eat.

Now, I created a recipie and went straight to my menu and found EAT. Complicated stuff LOL :rolleyes:.

15. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Maybe the game based recipes on japanese cooking. Maybe Japanese pies used eggs more than we do in America.

16. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Hey! I like the auto option during the battles that let it fight the battlefor you. Save those mashing fingers lol.

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yeah, I was bit annoyed with some of that as well as far as losing the incredients especially. For instance, for cherry pie, I think I put sugar instead of eggs.

Still getting used to the system, though, so I'm not going to say anything negative about the game as whole yet. Seems like it could get fun.

One other question (sorry if this has been asked) is whether there is a story other than trying to save the bar? Are there any boss battles? Or is all of the battling just to find ingredients / develop skills?

18. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hm. So this game doesn't have a story mode you play through? You just try to make the bar succeed over and over? Because I like the sound of that almost more than a story mode. How does a game over happen?

19. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    A game over is basically when all members in your party die to monsters and/or status ailments.

20. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Melon juice is probably the best/cheapest thing i've got for leveling up fast.

Also, when you put stuff in your menu the stars represent how well it sells, i have a menu of Beer, Vodka and Wine.

If you keep something on the menu too long, customers start to not like it.