Adventure Company (Foursaken Media) - class based action/RPG - beta testers wanted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mckaystites

mckaystites Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Derek Zoolander School For kids Who Want To Do Thi

Sounds awesome! Can't wait. Well done

2. Tairyd

Tairyd New Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Wow

This looks amazing (as all your games do)! Can't wait to play it!

3. francism01

francism01 New Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Email sent! Add me up :)

4. Malliehdka

Malliehdka Member

Mar 24, 2016
    email sent, looks good.

5. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Well this certainly went under my radar! Looks neat, and like the idea of those graphics- simple but not an eyesore. A lot of games these days hold graphics as their best element, when it should really be gameplay. I think that's why Foursaken has become so popular!

I don't expect an exact release date but are there any vague hopes/ideas?

6. Anyfox

Anyfox Well-Known Member

May 13, 2015
    what is T.A?

7. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    The name of this site is TouchArcade

8. Anyfox

Anyfox Well-Known Member

May 13, 2015
    thanks;)

9. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    *Has account*
    *Doesn't know what for*
    :rolleyes:

10. Albeolupus

Albeolupus Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Silence

The silence is killing me. A few questions:

1) What will the pricing be like for Adventure Company? Pay once, Freemium, Pay and optional IAP (pay to unlock some classes)? I do not need exact pricing just a feel for what to expect.

2) Will this be a long or short beta (how far along is the game polish)?

3) Has the beta started?

11. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#51 Foursaken_Media, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    1) Free, but importantly with no restrictions on play time (no energy or lives - in fact, there is no penalty for losing at all - you even keep the XP you earned). IAPs will mostly be used to buy some upper tier heroes and equipment sooner (though all are unlockable in the regular scheme of the game).

A quick note to some of our premium loving fans :p I want to mention that F2P is something we have to explore if we want to keep making games... we definitely haven't abandoned premium games, but its important that we keep trying to find fair, but still profitable F2P elements with the way the premium market is going - especially while we still can afford to make a few mistakes along the road. I'm sure we won't get it totally right, but we'll be trying our best!

2) Game is very polished and for all practical purposes complete... beta will mostly be first impressions, balance, and general feedback/suggestions. We'll be balancing the game completely based on no IAPs.

3) Not yet! But we're still hoping to submit the first beta build by the end of this week.

12. Albeolupus

Albeolupus Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Very exciting stuff!

Any chance we can get a tease of a few classes? Maybe screenshots of skill trees?

13. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Freemium is always ok unless you do it like Gameloft. Anyway, you guys are still one of the best developer in the mobile gaming industry.

14. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Sounds like you're doing freemium the right way! I don't mind if you give it a go, it's good to experiment!
    Only a fool would take a shortcut to get the high tier stuff though because it's more fun to earn it!

15. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    it looks very interesting !! nice art design! I want to watch a gameplay trailer, do you think it would be possible ??

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sounds good, I hope you guys manage to find a model that works for you and allows you to continue making games.

17. Impact Winter

Impact Winter Active Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Late to the party, but email sent!

18. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Thanks for all the sign ups - there was a TON! But unfortunately that means everyone won't get in... we're sending out the Testflight invites today in a bit, so you'll know soon if you're in!

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That's a shame if I don't make it but it's good you guys get more than enough signups now, I still see some other devs struggling to fill beta

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #60 Ayjona, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    This is just lovely.

There is much more to say about Adventure Company, but I wanted to get that out of the way first.

I'm getting these Monster Adventures - possibly the most underrated of Foursaken's titles - vibes all over, coupled with some delightful Bug Heroes undertones, mixed up with something entirely new and shiny.

The initial impression is that this should be too casual for my taste, but combat is as skillful and twitch-y as ever, and the game keeps springing more depth at me (those classes, and class trees, and class synergies, and near-countless ability and character combos, oh my!). And much like when faced with Monster Adventures' always tactical and precision-based combat and huge array of abilities stoved away behind a purdy Pokemon exterior, I'm beginning to wonder if this is even a casual title at all, or a sneakily clever way to sneakily sneak some (lots) hardcore seasoning into the average mobile gamer's relaxation soup...

I might as well throw this out there too: this is one of the most forgiving and generous sets of f2p mechanics around. Given Foursaken's previous f2p forays, I'm not surprised. Just glad to have my naive expectations proven feasible for once ;)

Foursaken, are we under an unwritten NDA, or do you want us to chat in detail about the game (for if so, I've no doubt that chat we will ;))?