Adventure Company (Foursaken Media) - class based action/RPG - beta testers wanted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Really enjoying this one so far, have played for a couple of hours now I think. Seems like something I'll put a lot of time into due to all the classes to unlock and skills to learn along with the upgrades and gear, all things I love.

Graphics are good and enjoying the levels and that there's some variety in missions too and that they aren't all exactly the same.

So far my main complaint is that I'd like the guide arrow telling you where enemies or an artifact is to be there all of the time, it's so annoying just walking about looking for enemies or artifacts on snap where they could be anywhere as they seemingly spawn randomly.

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #82 Ayjona, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Guilty as implied. And yet... as much as I enjoy Battle Turtle Shenanigans™, I have been and will be playing Adventure Company far more.

3. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Oh wow that was released sooner than I thought!
    What's the point of a soft launch? Get hype in some countries so other countries are more excited?

4. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Im overloaded with Foursaken games, which is a glorious problem indeed.

I swing more to Adventure Company as well. Im on the stone mountain area and there is just enough strategy and "gotta collect them all" to it to keep me going... lite customization of units, mostly focused on building the right company for the right level....

Pickpockets and thiefs with strong weapons are my faves, though the sharpshooter is pretty rad with a sweet gun... but then the healers are good with a high atk staff.. but man those senseis with high speed attacks...

Okay, its all good haha!

5. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Man I am having fun with this! Currently have farmer, archers, swordsman and an apprentice and they all seem pretty cool! I'm finding it hard to choose what to become since they all look pretty cool. We need to get a wiki with all the classes NOW!
    What happens when we beat everything on the map? It looks like there must be a finite number of missions, unless there is a random mission generator at the end or something...otherwise where's the incentive to play? Fairly sure the bros wouldn't let the game grind to a halt like that so what happens?

Also what's energy defence about? Haven't met any enemies with that kind of damage but I guess it will crop up sooner or later.
    I reckon it would be pretty cool to have tournaments with real people instead of the NPCs! I'm dreaming here but I could see some kinda of clan system in this game. Maybe if we recruit real people to help in a mission they get the gold or gems we pay for the help?
    Maybe an arena where we can fight other people? Except class versus class balance might be hard.
    Coop would be amazing. Both people control their own heroes, maybe even more than 2 people?! Both people would complete non-story missions and get rewards!

Don't mind me exercising my imagination haha, without these the game is still amazing! But, like, a "maybe" or an "I doubt it" would be nice :p

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey duivs, how much the installed filesize?

7. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    456MB
    That's what it says in Usage, I think that's what you mean...:)

8. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    There are certain maps that you can keep going at it with scores and whatnot for Gamecenter records... It's also got that nice Foursaken "charm" and each land ramps up difficulty, like, you will see why having a very diverse, big company is important with five star missions and EDF, Energy DMG.

I've been at it since day one of beta and still finding new discoveries, typical FM Game :D

9. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    #89 Killerluffy246, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    moved to another post

10. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Would you say it's better than Monster Adventures? Seriously contemplating getting the latter at long last, but wondering if this is so similar I should just wait.

11. ddw04

ddw04 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    What would I put for OS?

12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I like it more than that for sure. My concern at the moment is if I get stuck on a level I can't just do the level before it to earn gold and power up my characters as you seem to earn much less for replaying a level.

Personally I'd like to be able to grind levels for the same decent rewards you get in the first place, granted progressing and unlocking things is more fun but for when you get stuck it makes it less frustrating and tedious if you have the option!

13. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

yeah, thanks a lot!

14. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    #94 sinagog, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Thanks, man. I still suspect MA might be more my speed, as it seems like it's got more character and the worlds are more open. IOS has way too many stage-based games as it is, and it's pretty easy to hit, if not a brick wall, then at least a really hard wooden one. MA is only 99c so I've bought it. Will try AC when it gets outta soft launch, but it doesn't quite seem as intensely Foursaken as their other games. All of this is solely based on watching a few minutes of a gameplay vid, so pinch've salt etc.

ETA: Bought Monsters, played for a few hours, and it is amazing. Didn't even realise it was effectively a Rogue-like.

15. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Can anyone explain what the different pickups do? Aside from the bags of gold, i'm a bit lost.

16. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Anything that looks weird is an artefact. Pick them up to increase your ranking against other companies. It's not hard to beat them, but keep collecting them because at the end of the day each one is worth one gem. Think of them as gems that will arrive in the mail later.
    Apples heal one or two health depending on how strong your farmer is. Have some farmers to make apple collecting missions easy.
    Red potions heal more than apples.
    Blue potions give about 10 mana.
    The bags don't actually give gold, they give one gem immediately.

That's all I've seen so far.

17. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Well its not really better but you kinda get the same enjoyment playing it. Well since its free and does not require any constant internet connection, why not just give it a try, u can even enjoy the gane without paying a single penny

18. Cr1mson_Scarf

Cr1mson_Scarf New Member

Apr 29, 2016
    I sent one! Hoping it will be free in the app market...:)

19. 3mry5

3mry5 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2014
    I'm having real issues with the second boss, anyone have some tips?

20. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    I just kept buying new heroes until i could overwhelm it. Put skill points into the perk that makes heroes appear to buy at higher levels. Maxing that was key for me.

Fyi, the regular thread is probably the place for questions like this