Universal Adventure To Fate Lost Island - Accessible RPG [Pre-Order March 1st]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Touchmint, Jun 8, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 16: got quite a bit done I’ve the last few days regarding the framework of the game. Upgraded from 1 moving on screen element to 3. This should make for a much more interesting interactive experience.

This opens the doors for a more dynamic overworld and makes creation progress a lot smoother rather than figuring out workarounds.

I also put in some good work on npc depth skills and item drops in the first zone.

IMG_2144.png

2. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 17: worked on npc depth for starting zone. added about 5-10 diff skills drops images etc for these new npcs.

Remapped a few floors to fit with story / design choices.

Fixed up some room code that has to do with doors/locks and npc world images.
    Overall a lot more polish on the first zone.

on pace for zone 1 completely done by Monday.

3. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 18:

Spent a good amount of time writing a new system in the game which will allow for less of a linear adventure. Not to give too much away but the goal of the new game is to restore the island you have arrived on. The island is cursed and because of that you cannot leave until it’s restored.
    Each zone has an object you must find and return to right the island.

the code i was working on allows you to do that. While it sounds simple on paper it’s a matter of getting this item to drop (that isn’t really an item) otherwise if your inventory is full or you drop it or don’t except it etc the game still moves forward. So now that you have this item you must return it and it then unlocks the next part of your quest. Once all items are returned then it unlocks something even more etc.

along with that new system I added quite a few more npcs, items, skills etc for the first two zones.

still in line to have the first 2 zones completed by the end of the month and hopefully starting testing early Aug.

4. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 19:

Polished up the starting zone (ship you escape from) with design and story. Added 2 pets to the 1st zone (cove) and fixed some minor layout and bug issues. Spending today playing through to find anything else that needs added or fixed.

Thinking about adding back Races to this game (if I have the database room). Before this feature was removed when I added pets mostly because it wouldn’t all fit on the character creator. Pets will still be in this game but you won’t be choosing your starting pet (since it doesn’t make much sense that you bring your pet into the jail cell to start your journey).

It won’t include a stat roller like the previous games but I am thinking each race will have set stats and 1-2 bonuses which will add even more customization.

naghihimutuc likes this.
  5. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 20:

Started work on mapping out the 3rd zone and it’s npcs / skills / drops while I had a few days away from the computer.

Outlined two new classes which I will give more details on once they are more complete.

The game will likely have 3-5 new classes and see 3-5 pervious classes revisited at launch. Also I’m still playing with the idea of brining back races which will give the classes a bit more variance.

Also played with the concept of having a set power / type (fire, water or earth) when creating your character. This would also mean items having those enhancements / resistances as well.

For example you might decide to play a fire based elf druid or a water based undead illusionist.

6. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 21:

Spending most my time prepping for the beta.
    Playing through the second zone and working on item depth and skill depth. Making sure there is contrast between enemies and that the balance between easy to learn hard to master is there.

Still shooting for around the 7-10th for a small likely local first round. I still have not messed much with voiceover but most should be in place from the previous game.

I have about 2 rooms i want to finalize on the last zone and then from there work on one of the new classes and make sure that is ready for testing. From there is mostly hiding / removing the free game features that interfere with this exploring game.

I should have more updates as the time comes near and once I have a good idea I’ll start asking if people want to test.

naghihimutuc likes this.
  7. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 22:

Just testing and polishing over and over til everything has the right feel.

I have 3 things I’d like to get added that I am working on now. I’m not sure how many make it into the first round of testing but hoping to get atleast 1 or 2 in.

New class - as mentioned before I’ll likely be using 4-5 revamped previous classes and hopefully 3-4 completely new classes. I’d like to have 1 them ready for this first testing round.

Elemental damage - this would work like most game systems for example fire damage and fire resist. Still on the fence about having a character choose their main element (would give them a passive boost and maybe debuff). This means I gotta find empty stats in players, items and npcs which could be a challenge since their database values are already maxed out.

Races - adding this back instead of choosing your starting pet (since you won’t be starting with a pet)

Again hoping to get testing out to a few local people by the end of the week and hoping to do some testflight testing with online users by next week.

Thanks for the support!

8. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 23:

Well I went for it and made great progress yesterday on adding elemental damage. Cods wise it’s about half done. I have all the databases edited for the new values. The code for extra damage / reduction when a player attacks an npc is working. I also updated and added about 15 items to include elemental damage and about 15 npcs to include damage / resistances as well.

Really happy I took the plunge to get this working. This should open a whole new level of depth and strategy to the game.

Spending all to today to hopefully finish up the process and run a testing round through the first two zones with this new feature.

9. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 24: Good/Great and Bad news.

So let’s get the bad news out of the way first. Testing will likely be pushed back a week or so but the good/great news is because of all the new features!

I was able to fully implement the elemental damage and elemental resistance as well. I am excited about this because it brings new variables to the combat system and makes it much more interesting. Instead of just having to worry about str/int/agi and wis/ac now you also need to focus and plan your around elemental damage and resistance. It’s included in all parts of the game. Skills/spells npcs items even rooms so as you can see it’s a bit time consuming to add all that in.

Well I finished up most of the coding side of the elemental system (I still have the building side which means adding to items,npcs,skills etc).

I was so happy with how the system turned out I figured let’s make a new class to really take advantage of these new features. So I outlined a Elementalist class.

The Elementalist class is great but it felt constrained to only have 1 skill every 3 levels or so. Then I decided let’s go ahead and just do the skill tree. This way you can choose the skills to build your elementalist how you want.

So lots of exciting stuff but lots of feature creep too. This will likely add extra build time but this should really expand the depth of the game and replayability.

I’m hoping to get the above done over the weekend to test myself and I’ll keep you all updated. I will also post a full feature outline on the new system new class and how the skill tree will work once it’s complete.

Thanks again for the support guys. Things are really moving now!

10. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 25:

The elemental system code wise should be added and complete now I’m just working on adding this to the game content/build wise. This means adding element damage and resistance to items, npcs, skills and even rooms in some cases.

Because I’m trying to put this new system from and center I’ve added a few features to display how these work. This includes showing the stats on items, your character advanced stats and even the ability to long hold an enemy monster to view its stats (which I know has been asked for here quite a bit). Right now it shows all stats. Now I’m not sure how much it will show for release or if it will be rolled into a skill or class that can do the viewing of the npc stats since it gives you an advantage. The funny this is while adding this I was able to notice that crit damage and hp vamp damage never worked correctly (in any of the previous 4 games) haha. So I have that fixed as well.

Next up polish up and continue adding element content and continue testing the new skill tree system.

I am leaning towards having say 3-5 classes that use the skill tree system and then including 3-5 classic classes from previous games that will use the old system where you simply auto earn your skills.

Thanks as always for the support!

11. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 26:

Over the last few days I setup a discord and subreddit for the upcoming game and the previous games.

Discord: https://discord.gg/8DEj6wnK

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AdventureToFate/

Feel free to join ask questions post content about any of the game in the series.

Content wise I got stuck redoing the npc interactions of lookover, send message, unlock door, give item. Mostly cleaned up code and streamlined.

I have a small list of things before I release local beta so I am just filing down that list.

12. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #32 Touchmint, Aug 19, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
    Update 27:

Updated and standardized the skill lookover / info.

For damaging and healing skills it shows the formula and damage range based on your stats or your pets stats if it’s a pets skill (before it was incorrectly always showing the formula off your stats).

this view now works when inspecting current skills on the pet window, skill window, while in battle and when choosing a skill (everywhere a skill is seen).

Also standardized that it always shows a pic, description, formula, damage range, requirements.

This should allow you to make a more informed decision when using the skill.

IMG_2407.png
    IMG_2409.png

13. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #33 Touchmint, Aug 22, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
    Update 28:

-Crafting-
    Revamped crafting materials that drop (to fit new island theme) and crafting formulas to reflect those materials. Added about 10-15 new craftable items. Most previous craftable items should be available as well.

-Skill Tree-
    Polished up skill tree system. Added skill points rather than having to select a skill as soon as you hit the required level (this will allow players to reset their skill choices as well).

I’ve included a little video but how this works is at say levels 4 8 12 16 20 you will earn a skill point and be able to use it to add a skill of your choice (out of 3 at each level increment). For example at level 4 you’ll have a choice of 3 tier 1 skills. At level 8 you’ll then be able to select from 6 skills (both the tier 1 and tier 2 options). I am on the fence about requiring the previous tier having a selection before you can select the next tier.

-What’s Next-
    Anyways this is working and I’m currently testing today. I included a little gif to show how this works.

Today I am also working on reskinning the game to match more of an island theme so I’ll likely have some media showing that later on.

IMG_2423.gif

14. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #34 Touchmint, Aug 25, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    Update 29:

Spent most of the week working on updating design to more of an island/dungeon theme rather than the futuristic theme from the previous game.

Pretty much done with the iPhone side of design things. Still needs a bit more polish / resized images but overall I am happy with the direction.

Finished up both Elementalist and Warrior classes. This includes about 20 new skills for each as well as adding in passive skills.

Revamped how the skill tree will work to include passive skills.

A general idea of how the skill tree will work:

There will be 3 options at each tier. There will be 5 tiers (4 will be active skills and 1 will be passive).

1st tier will cost 1 skill point.
    2nd tier will cost 2 skill points.
    3rd tier (passive skills) will cost 3 points
    4th tier will cost 3 points.
    5th tier will cost 4 points.

You must have atleast 1 skill selected from the previous tier to activate the next tier. Otherwise you can put your points where you want.
    (For example to select a skill from tier 3 you must have 3 skill points and you must have already have selected a skill from tier 1 and 2).

You will gain points a few ways.
    Leveling:
    Level 3 gain 1 point.
    Level 8 gain 2 points.
    Level 12 gain 3 points.
    Level 16 gain 3 points.
    Level 20 gain 4 points.
    Level 21-25 gain 1 points

1-3 extra points from hidden shrines chests etc.

So you should be able to get atleast 1 skill from each tier as well as about 4-8 extra point to use on extra skills.

you’ll also start with 2 skills and also find 3-4 skills along your way.

So lots and lots of build variety!!!

I’ll try to post some images of the layout this weekend! Thanks for following and the support!

Here is a sneak peak at the in development skill tree and new skill system.

IMG_2474.png IMG_2475.png

15. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 30: Polished off the warrior class as well as some skill tree features. Got a build off to some local testers so not much to update on that front.

Here is a little sneak preview at the warrior class and how their skills will work (keep in mind things may change before launch)

Warrior Class Preview

Updated you will be gaining skill points at levels 3,6,10,15,20
    Level 3 - 1 point
    Level 6 - 2 points
    Level 10 - 3 points
    Level 15 - 3 points
    Level 20 - 4 points
    You also start with 2 skills and you will find about 2-4 skills as well.

You can only select skills from the next tier if you have already selected skills from the previous tier. For example to a select a tier 3 skill you must already have a tier 2 skill. Otherwise you can buy as many skills as you want from each tier (this may be useful for the passive skills)

Starting Skills

Fury Smash - A passive skill that causes your third consecutive attack in a row to hit for 1.5x damage.
    1 Stam (normal attack)

Pure Strike - 5% chance to stun, 20% more elemental damages.

Tier 1 Active Skills - 1 Skill Point

Berserkers Stance +5 Str, +5 Agi -3 Wisdom -10 AC +5 Fire Damage
    1 Stam - 20HP

Defenders Stance +50 HP +10 Block + 5Wis -3Str +5 Water Resist
1 Stam - 20SP

Knights Stance +3 Str, +3 Agi, +3 Block, +3Wis, 3 Earth Damage, 3 Shadow Resist
    1 Stam -10HP -10SP

Tier 2 Active Skills - 2 Skill Points

Fiery Strike - A very powerful physical damage hit with 50 percent extra fire damage.
    2 Stam - 15HP

Bloody Strike - A powerful physical damage hit with 10 percent HP Leech and 25 percent extra Shadow Damage.
    2 Stam - 15SP

Staggering Strike - A powerful physical damage hit with 30 percent Stun Chance and 25 percent extra Earth Damage.
    2 Stam - 8SP - 8HP

Tier 1 Passive Skills - 3 Skill Points

Blood Lust / Lust For Blood +7% HP Leech

Maddening Power +7 Str

Ever Enduring +100 HP

Tier 3 Active Skills - 3 Skill Points

Mighty Recovery - Recover 25 HP per round
    Cost 1 Stam - 20 SP

Self Sacrifice - Healing SP. - cost 35hp to restore 100SP? - Check out inner focus
    Cost 1 Stam? - 35 hp?

Energy Burst - gain 1 stam
    -2 stam - 20hp - 20hp

Tier 4 Active Skills - 4 Skill Points

Warwind - A strong physical attack that hits all enemies and 25 percent extra Fire Damage.
2 Stam 15HP 15SP

Stunning Slam - A strong physical attack that has a 25 percent chance to stun for 2 stamina and 25 percent extra Earth Damage.
    2 Stam 50SP

Furious Force - A very very strong physical attack with 25 percent extra Shadow Damage.
    Cost 3 Stam - 25HP

16. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 31: Final Touches For Testing!

I am working hard at getting testflight testing ready. I knocked out a TON! over the last few days so here is the update log on that. I am hoping to get everything submitted tomorrow and depending on the review process start testflight testing on Monday. If you are intersted feel free to respond here or contact me on the Adventure To Fate discord server.

ADVENTURE TO FATE DISCORD SERVER: https://discord.gg/Q2ct2RFU

NOTE: Accessibility testing may not make it into this first round since I have added so many views/elements and they all need to be setup for accessibility. I may take a few people on ios17 beta just to see what needs fixed.

Get ready for testing

//Remove pets from starting screen and add Race

//Add in a few races human, elf, orc
    //Add in passive skills for each race

//At character creation add passive skills to skillbook.

//Swap around starting skill book stats so race passive skills are first on the bar.

//Add back race into character stats views

//Add back race to character list.

//load passive race skills to player first time game starts (make sure they only ever add once)
    //apply passives on first character load only once (using character gold as checker (start with 99 gold)) and updatestatsforpassive

//Allow for character to find first pet rather than it be set by creation

//Added open to pass system. Makes sure player picks up item/pet/etc before proceeding. (This way they have a pet to play the game)
    //Make it so you can’t pass until opened chest. (Player gets pet)
    //Add in have to open to unlock the door.
    //Do that with the rat in the box. Have to open before proceeding.

//Make roaming rat work again. (Looks like its running from you then you find in box on next floor)

//lock menu until you reach floor 4 (this way you can’t see errors from not having pet)

//Polish up Skill Tree for Warrior and Elementalist Other Skill fixes

//Fix / adjust skills based on local testing

//Add in passive skills options for God Blessings after retrieving a gem. (now 7 diff skills to choose from)

//Add back in some starting story

//Make it so you appear south or even have the story start right when you go out. Maybe a delay you can’t move?

//use special image not on room files.

//Remove free game stuff.

//Remove shop from vault.

//Remove shop from main menu.

//Other Fixes:

//Items on character list are too short (starts cutting off before the bottom of the scroll) either make a new scroll or make the list show longer.

AltsKev likes this.
  17. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 32:

Spent most of the weekend polishing up the beta test after feedback from the first round of testers. Implemented fixes broke some other stuff and tested over and over.

Up next is fixing all the voiceover actions and functions that I broke while adding new features to the game.

Once I have the beta testing out for voiceover users its back to content development and polishing up the 3rd zone and 2 more multi classes.

I still have a few beta testing spots open so if anyone is interested feel free to Post/PM here or join my discord and ask there.

Adventure To Fate Discord Server: https://discord.gg/aAn2dnj4M

naghihimutuc likes this.
  18. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 33 / 34 Voiceover updates.

CHARACTER CREATOR PAGE CHANGES:

Sections are now grouped when navigating. 

Create Name. 

Select class. 

Class info 

Choose Race

Choose Profession. 

Cancel / Create

When VoiceOver is reading the elements on the creator it should no longer jump around from say select race to the class starting skills

When Selecting a new race or new profession with the left and right buttons it now reads what the current selection is.

CHARACTER LIST PAGE CHANGES:

If you have a character created when the page loads it will default to that instead of create character.

MAIN GAME PAGE CHANGES:

When hitting the skip button after starting story it now correctly shows main view and menu view (rather than leaving dialog view in front)

NPC image buttons now show on world map (like player that says player location) now it will say NPC IS here. Still need to figure out a way to hide the npcs not being used (they never actually leave the main floor map but used to be hidden). This may not stay if it is too distracting.

Fixed room walk readout to correctly say the room description and if there is something to search for.

When walking into a room that has a looktalk npc (this npc talks to you as soon as you enter its room) the npc name and dialog is auto read at once rather than two different elements.

When tapping on an npc to talk or searching where an npc has dialog it also says the npc name and dialog is auto read. 

When finding items after a search. Hide background scroll button. Hide material, exp scroll, gold image buttons. Still display text and amount below.

On dialog view.
    Hid repetitive npc image buttons from being read. 

Whenever rooms refresh including (getting an item, after a battle, searching a room, dying, warping to a new location, etc) the game will refocus on your character image and location you are in the room. (Something that might not say in.

Main View: Locked doors and blocking objects now read: 
Object: Door Name. <Message>. You need to search this room again after opening to move forward.

This gives the player a bit more idea of what they are interacting with rather than you can now pass.

(this should be a big one because of the complaints from before)

Moved around main interface buttons when VoiceOver is detected. Now stats should be together and direction pad should be all together (new order North, West, Search, East, South). Before it would split up the direction pad and reading random stats.

Crafting Page:
can no longer select / read objects behind the view when viewing crafting materials.

Skill Tree page NEW:

Setup for VoiceOver so you cannot read elements behind it. (Lots and lots of work to get this working). Involves hiding and showing elements off and on depending on buttons pressed and views it comes from and goes to. Hopefully fully working and accessible.

Character stats page:

Broke character stats down into 3 sections instead of 1 long section for easier reading/listening. 

Main Stats
    Advanced Stats

Elemental Stats

Arena: 

When selecting a skill it now says Selected Skill: Name Type: Skill Type

Fixed bug where dead npcs were reading as random large numbers when trying to view percent of hp left.

19. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update: 35

Sorry about the lack of delays. Spent the weekend and beginning of the week fixing bugs and adjusting after initial tester feedback.

Today was the first day I got to spend on new content in a while.

Remapped out and planned the 3rd zone Volcano.

Spent a good part of the day getting the art right and adjusting layouts.

I am finally happy with the images I have to use and how the zone will flow.

I am introducing something new with this zone where you need fire resistance to avoid taking damage the deeper you go. The idea here is each floor will drop more and more fire resist gear allowing you go go deeper into the core of the volcano to find the Fire Gem.

So I have the framework of that code working and I will just tweak damage / item drops as I go with level creation.

I have most of the zone mapped out I was just a little stuck on the art direction but I think I have that pretty much figured out so it should be smooth sailing from here.

Hoping to have the volcano zone finished up by early next week and I will likely do another testing round towards the end of Sept that includes this zone and its features. It should also include 1-2 new classes and 1-2 new races.

Things are getting close. While I don't want to push anything I am hoping to have the game in a final state by early Oct with a release around the end of Oct.

Thanks for all the support.

For those who want more insider info and to have a chance to help shape the game please join the official discord here:

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/aAn2dnj4M

20. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 36:

Hey folks just a quick update.

Working to polish up the 3rd zone while testing the rogue class. Not a lot to report on besides testing testing and more testing.

I will try to post a class preview for the rogue here in the next few days once I get it all in a good place balance wise.