Universal Adventures of Mana (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schnedi, Feb 4, 2016.

1. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Anyone on this? I'm stuck too.

2. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    #102 ItouchBrett, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    I defeated the wolf in Kett manor. I used the mirror on him and everything. Now I'm stuck at there is no other places to go. The manor goes up to level 2. But there are only 4 rooms up there.

3. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    It's ok...you can all stop rushing to reply! Having not heard a peep out of anyone I decided to contact square enix and check. Apparently it's iPhone 4S / iPad 2 and up......so I can play it! Yay!!!!

4. Galois

Galois Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010

There are portions where you have to use the axe to cut down trees to go further.

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Appreciate the tip and for those who haven't got it or yet the sickle will cut down stuff as well like grass etc

6. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
  7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    #107 jpgold, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    I have no clue why I'm being so dence but can't find the Manor. I'm on level 5 and feel like I've been to every area I can get to.

Edit: got it

8. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    The game is definitely good enough. Not sure if I'll finish the whole thing but I played for 2 hrs today without realizing it so that says something. It's like seeing a 14$ steak and thinking that looks good but not bring to finish it because you weren't as hungry as you thought. I don't know.

9. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    I see this all the time. People being stuck, and then saying "got it". How about writing how you got it, if you were stuck, other people are likely to be in the same situation. Give a little, would be greatly appreciated. :)

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm deep within the dungeons of the manor now, but I'm all out of keys. Is my only option to go back to a shop? >_> I don't seem to be getting any drops from the enemies.

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So this is exactly what I did :D

Hopefully I will have some time to at least start these games.

12. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    If i remember corectly the skelletons drop keys

13. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks for reporting back!

You can go to Afterpad for list of games with MFi controller support.

14. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    So I bit the bullet... because I wanted to experience some nostalgia for Final Fantasy Adventure, which I played way back on the GB.

This is a very good remake. The art style actually fits quite well and is consistent with fluid animations. The remixed music in particular is VERY good.

A word of warning to people though: This isn't a remake of "Sword of Mana" on the GBA. Sword of Mana was basically a total overhaul of Final Fantasy Adventure, and it completely redid the mechanics, most of the story and characters, and all of the areas.

THIS game is an extremely faithful remake of Final Fantasy Adventure, down to the positioning and layout of every area (so far). This also means that there's a bit less direction and you have to figure out where to go by exploring and talking to people. Mechanically it's a lot more simplistic, and the plot is simpler (though they redid the script for the better). The game feels very polished, like it was built from the ground up for iOS... and that makes sense considering this isn't a port and it released at the same time as the Vita version. Silky smooth framerate on an iPhone6, high res and clean textures. The virtual thumbstick is very precise, maybe even the most precise I've ever felt. There are four settings to tweak it in the options, though I've just been using the default and it feels great. I don't own a controller but I imagine I wouldn't care about the lack of controller support.

Just know that you're not getting a super deep RPG. This one's easy to pick up and play. It feels EXACTLY like the GB original but with greaaaaat music and clean, pretty visuals. If you're looking for something that's halfway between Secret of Mana and the NES Legend of Zelda, this is perfect.

15. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    AND you can save anywhere! That makes it even easier to pick up and play. Much easier than the Secret of Mana port.

16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I'm
    With you there except I have no keys and no mattocks. Also when I last stop playing and came back Im now feeling aimless and lost again but that's ok :) part of the fun is digging out and finding a way

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Game is fun but I should still warn people it's not easy. Not the enemies but it's basically a labryinth game with item management. This updated version should've overlapped inventory instead of making each drop a separate spot. If they're going to give you an option to stop encounters in FF7 might as well make things easier in this game too right?

I spent 30+ minutes trying to get an enemy to drop a mattock while in the mansion because I used them all up destroying all the random pots made to throw you off. Not really fun but that's basically what you do in this game. You have to use items, trial and error / destroy things to get to the next area. And the game doesn't hand hold you at all. Gives you a general idea of what your objective is but almost no hints on how to get there.

18. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    It supports mfi controllers. Plays great.

19. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #119 Edmilan, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    Still on the fence picking this up, not because of the price or reviews (which are positive btw), but because of my gaming backlogs lol. I'm still a long way from finishing FFT: War of the Lions, also restarted a new Classic Ironman game in XCOM EW (because I lost again). Plus midway through Lara Croft GoL :(

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    After going crazy forever, I just managed to snag 3 keyrings in a row and I'm at Wendel now, restocked, fully healthy and kickin' ass. LOVE THIS GAME. Yes, it can be absolutely brutal with item drops and doesn't hold your hand at all, but it's exquisite.