Aera - Casual Flight Sim (official thread)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ichromo, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psybir

Psybir Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I couldn't agree more. I would pay a higher price for a game that delivers a quality experience, makes the developers some $$$ and will continue to get support in the way of new features and bonus content.

2. ichromo

ichromo Well-Known Member

The game was developed on 3G, beta-tested on 2G and 3GS; runs fine on all of them. We intentionally did not want to implement anything that would make Aera look better on 3GS but unplayable on older generations of devices.
    So, the game should work for everybody :)

3. Psybir

Psybir Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to hear everyone will be able to enjoy Aera. Now, hopefully it is approved soon!

4. ichromo

#84 ichromo, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
    Yes, also it will run on iPhone OS starting from version 2.1 and up :)
    Was actually wondering if anybody still has OS v2.x, or everybody updated to versions 3.0 or 3.1 already?

5. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    I reckon there's still a few 2.x users out there, probably best to have a look at the stats from Apple, as far as I know they report what percentage of your user base has what OS.

6. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    This wait is seriously killing me. It's only been 10 days!

7. mihir79

mihir79 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Yeah...another 4 days more :(....going by Apple's 14 day approval time frame.

8. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Aera looks SIIIIIIIICCCCKKKKKKK!!!!! Can't wait. Hope it's out sooner than that.... Don't wanna wait 'til the weekend.

9. theishkid

theishkid Well-Known Member

Apples 14 day approval time has been bumped up to about 30 days now.

10. ichromo

aerobatics/solo

All the screenshots posted before were from dog-fight game mode.
    But, there are more in Aera: Aerobatics/Solo and Race. Well there is also Free Flight, but it's just free mode, no objectives, you just enjoy the view and the plane.

Now, here are couple screenshots form Aerobatics mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The objective here is to collect given number of tokens (red/white balls) within some time limit. Also, you have to avoid mines, go into rings, etc.

On the upper right corner you have altimeter, scores indicator, and green-red line below scores digits is the time indicator - showing you how much time you have to complete the mission.

11. badcoyote

badcoyote Member

Sep 17, 2009
    apple is so so long :(i want play at this game

12. ichromo

Really? Were do you get those numbers from?

13. Psybir

Psybir Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Do not listen to him. He made the waiting time up. Hopefully it will be out tomorrow!

14. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Well according to the the other devs' approval times, it has ranged from 25-30 days, that's where I'm assuming he got his numbers from. But recently a great number of apps have been pouring out of the approval stage, so hopefully Aera will be one of them because I've been anticipating this game since you guys first announced it way back when.

15. Psybir

Psybir Member

Sep 14, 2009
    There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to the length of the approval time with Apple recently. Hopefully Aera doesn't get stuck in the extended cycle some of the other developers have experienced. Maybe you can ask Gameloft what their secret is? They seem to be breeding games like rabbits these days.

16. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    I can tell you there are a couple of games I am waiting for that are going on 6 weeks with Apple, and the developer keeps me pretty informed, they haven't been rejected...yet at least.

17. ichromo

approved!!!

[​IMG]

Good news - Aera is approved, status is Ready for Sale!
    Now I guess we have to wait few more hours before it finds it's way to the AppStore, so you can actually play it!
    The price is $2.99
    Posting our icon, just in case, so you don't miss it :)

Also wanted to mention, there is pretty much unlimited re-playability value - even after you completed the campaign, it's fun and challenging to play over dog-fight and solo missions, using unlocked planes (it does make big difference); setting new records; using different tactics, etc.

The game was in full-time development for over 7 months; a lot of effort, love and polishing went in there; I guess you can see it just by looking at screen-shots. And you definitely will feel it when you play it!

18. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    Good for you! Ill wait for impressions before i buy

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Instant purchase for me - I love this type of game!

20. evantravers

evantravers Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Congratulations! I've been looking forward to this one for a while!