Universal Aftermath - (by TwoHeads Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Devilishly Good, Mar 16, 2010.

1. queefinout

queefinout Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    is this game better than alive 4 ever or minigore? ive grown really tired of dual stick shooters... and how is the mission structure?

2. socom39

socom39 Well-Known Member

I own Alive 4 Ever and its ALOT better in my opinion. Its not a traditional dual stick shooter either, read the review of the game up on the main page. The missions all take place in one giant city and are spread across 8 levels with one survivor mode. For .99 you cant go wrong buy before the price goes up.

3. zI Veo Iz

zI Veo Iz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    If it had 2 or 4 player coop that would be awesome, especially for survival mode.

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I like all three of these - they're all different.

Aftermath doesn't really play like a dual stick shooter, more like a 3rd person perspective - one stick moves, the other rotates your view. When there are zombies in view, your character automatically shoots at them.

Aside from it's unique control scheme, the levels are a real selling point - MG has no real level, A4E puts in a big room with a few obstacles, Aftermath has you in what feels like a city. And everything is dark - you are very dependent on your flashlight.

5. queefinout

queefinout Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    just got it... really good game especially for a buck! i think its way better than alive 4 ever and minigore. :D

6. TwoHeads

TwoHeads Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Thanks

Hi guys,

To be honest I'm overwhelmed by how enthusiastic people are being about Aftermath. I never expected such praise and all I can say is "Thank You", especially to you TA forumites (and Arn for the review and yosoypepito for the video). I will support Aftermath as best I can and hope that you will bear with me until I can get 1.1 out. Suggestions are very welcome!

Cheers!

Peter

7. ben18

ben18 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada!
    I suggest two player co-op, if its even a remote possibility

8. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    TwoHeads,
    You did a great job with the game. It is the best dual stick shooter I have played on the Ipod. The game passes the sence of dread along to the player very well. Thanks for making such a good game.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That would be great. But I think the main request you will here from people is "more.". More story, more levels, more types of zombies, etc. DLC at a reasonable price would do me fine. You've given us a great environment and solid gameplay; we want to spend more time with it.

10. Bozza

Bozza Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I've recommended it to all my friends, congratulations on a really great game!

My only suggestions are a few more levels? And a free roam mode?

Some sort if multiplayer would be epic!

11. ben18

ben18 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada!
    I have an idea.

I love what the current environment is like, but why not make a daytime environment where you can purchase weopons and upgrade your flashlight. Maybe the zombies are still there, but they are afraid of the light, and lurk in the shadows...:)

Of course "more" is always good, and maybe just start with local multiplayer.

12. magnum_2107

magnum_2107 Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Huge fan of your game. Congrats.

For 1.1, I have a suggestion that would hopefully be easy to implement. I'm wondering if you can make it so that when you unpause your game or resume a mission in progress after loading the app, there is a slight pause before the action resumes. Maybe something similar to the short 3 second countdown in Minigore. I've found that if you load your game in progress, you're swarmed by zombies before you really have a chance to move.

By the way, I love that your game auto saves mid-mission. So many developers leave this out and I can't for the life of me understand why.

13. Bozza

Bozza Member

Mar 2, 2009
    that's a great idea!

14. ben18

ben18 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada!
    Quick question: does this game require 3.1.3 or whatever the newest one is?

15. Nokendo

Nokendo Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Dual stick Left 4 dead :D

16. I must admit I am enjoying this game quite a bit. Admittedly I've been feeling that zombies and twin-stick shooters have become overplayed themes on the App Store, but the combination of focus on moving and finding zombies and not so much about shooting, and the incredibly creepy and well-done atmosphere make this a huge standout from the bustling crowd. There's an inevitable comparison to Alive4Ever and Minigore of course, but but dark and creepy atmospheric effects from the flashight and lightning strikes throw in a good chunk of Silent Hill as well, which is really what makes the difference here.

I could make a few suggestions, such as more weapons with limited ammo, more levels (naturally), perhaps some indoor levels (if there aren't any; I haven't gotten that far yet), armor and health pickups maybe.

Still, the way it is, top job.

17. socom39

socom39 Well-Known Member

My suggestions:

- New Map or New Levels within the city
    - Online Coop Survivor Mode

18. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

All the ideas i read before are great ...
    And i want more missions , more weapons (with upgrade system) , daytime levels and maybe some indoor missions!! (damn i missed resident evil) ...

I hope the updates will be FREE!!!! :rolleyes::D

19. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    How about some different locations?
    For example a dark forest with trees etc.
    An airport, a hospital, an asylum etc.

20. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA