Universal Agent A: A puzzle in disguise

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TastyTadpoles, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Would love to help test!

2. firstordergames

firstordergames Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    I'd love to check it out!

3. SMG Studio

SMG Studio Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2014
    This game is looking so good! Can't wait to see it at PAX AUS

4. TastyTadpoles

TastyTadpoles Well-Known Member

Great thanks everyone, we'll go through the messages and let everyone know when it's available!

5. TastyTadpoles

Submitted for Apples test flight review! Won't be too long now :)

6. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Looks very interesting!

7. TastyTadpoles

Beta build was just approved so i'll start sending emails shortly.

8. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Would like to Test As well! Gl with the game.

9. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Ok, this is putting it lightly but this game is FANTASTIC!
    It's a cross between a point-click adventure and The Room, except much 'roomier' than that. I was pleasantly surprised by the scope of this first section and gauging my progress from a certain box, I'd say I'm a bit less than half way through the section available in the beta, and it's been a full hour of quality gameplay.
    Graphics are fantastic and look even better in motion. The animations are brilliantly smooth. The opening clip was gorgeously done.
    The game has a nice sense of humour, too. It's a little 'try-hard' in some dialogue but overall it's very endearing.
    I'll be back with more imps once I've completed playing through the beta but I can already say that I think this game could be a big hit! :D

10. Really enjoyed the demo and looking forward to the full game! :)

11. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Just finished the short teaser, and I very much enjoyed what I played. Puzzles are fun and common sense. Kinda easy, but it's only a demo.

Love the art style and the characters. Needless to say, I cannot wait for the full entry. Day one buy.

One thing I missed was music during my espionage. Made the demo much too quiet. Really hoping for constant music.

All in all, very happy with the game: how you navigate and interact with the environment is tops, the music is great (what there is of it, anyway).

A question: is the entire game voice acted. Love the voice work. Also, a little nitpick: the subtitles aren't quite matched up with the VA.

Love the game, folks!

12. SwissHiFi

SwissHiFi Active Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Wow really loved the demo! The only downside now is that I desperately want to continue the story but am unable to do so #.

How much of the final content has been included in the demo, story wise?

13. TastyTadpoles

Wow thank you TheGreatEscaper. So awesome you thought it was that good. The demo version I think was only about 1/5th or 1/4 of the actual game so still plenty more to go!

Thanks, we aren't too far off from finishing it now ;)

Awesome thanks RussiaOne, we're working on music as we speak and a lot more soundscape design too! It definitely ramps up in difficulty from after this demo area too!

Yes there is more voice acting to come as you progress through. A few more Ruby moments as you try to catch her inside her lair! :)

Haha thanks SwissHiFi, not too far to go for more :) You probably played about a fifth of the game so there are still a lot more puzzles after this and a lot of inventory based puzzles that will have you coming back to the scenes you have discovered already.
    There is a bit more story to come as you progress through the game. I won't spoil it for you now though haha!

We'll fix those subtitles up too btw, thanks to everyone who noticed that.

14. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Enjoyed it greatly! Art style and level design are awesome. Puzzles are nice (is it rig that I could not solve everything?), ver much so looking forward to test more if need be or to get the game once released and report back with some more impressions :)

No errors so far except subtitles. Quality game!

Only worry is that I inly needed like 45 minutes to solve this one If that is 1/4(5) of the game it's going to be pretty short if the puzzles are not more challenging or the game gets more content. Any info on the price?

15. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Wow, thanks for the invite to test this, so far I haven't seen any issues outside of what has already been mentioned. Loving the style of this, very nicely done. I haven't finished it yet, but so far it's really great!

16. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Great little demo, I'm excited to see what else you have instore for us.
    I loved the puzzles as each item and situation made sense, like steam making the correct answer to one puzzle appear.
    I did miss some music for my adventure and I really love the voice work. Very impressive so far

17. background

background Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Auditor
    Thank you for the opportunity to beta test your game, I have played through the demo, so far i really enjoyed it. I like the graphic and voice most and looking forward to more new contents.

18. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Hey, me want this game like yesterday. If the quality of the full title is as awesome as the demo, you'll have a definite winner on your hands. Can't wait!

19. TastyTadpoles

Oh yes it's right that you can't solve them all just yet. Overall people usually take about 2.5hrs to complete if they are reasonably clever. The price is probably going to be $3.99US but we might do an opening sale. Also this is part 1 of 2 :)

Thanks!

Oh thanks, yes we did place a lot of emphasis on making puzzles that are logic based so that solving things is about being clever instead of getting lucky!
    Oh yep we are working on some music and more sound design right now!

Oh great i'll have to let the voice talent know :)

HAHAHA me want!
    Thanks Russia, we hope so... fingers crossed!

20. Looks so good! Looking forward to playing at PAXAUS!