Universal Agent A: A puzzle in disguise

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TastyTadpoles, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    crap, how can i missed the beta test. been lurking this thread and i simply missed the important part :(

2. TastyTadpoles

TastyTadpoles Well-Known Member

We'll be there! Looking forward to meeting you guys :) Will you be showing anything this year?

Did you say lurking... if there's one thing I've learnt it's that to be a good agent you've got to do a lotttttt of lurking.... you're in pal, ping me a PM with your email and I'll add you in!

3. orangebowl

orangebowl Active Member

Jul 11, 2015
    This game is maybe my most anticipated game of the year for me

4. TastyTadpoles

Wow thanks, I hope we can live up to your expectations :)
    If you want a play of the beta let me know!

5. We're not showcasing but we'll be floating around PAX and GCAP. Super looking forward to meeting everyone :)

6. Puzzzle Master

Sep 23, 2015
    Looks great, great concept
    Will it release soon?

7. Ugly B

Ugly B New Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Loving the art style!! when when when?

8. TastyTadpoles

The build is actually not far off from being complete now. We will be announcing a date soon, quite likely to be in Oct some time. If anyone can't wait and wants to see the beta you can just let me know!

9. leocold

leocold Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2013
    3D Graphic Designer
    Vancouver
    been following this thread since day 1, love the art style for people that don't understand the technical aspect of this game it looks pretty but from a technical view they are doing a very great job of making the scenes, we need more games like this.

10. TastyTadpoles

Thanks Leocold really appreciate it!
    A little inside info on the way we made the game: Originally the whole game was built in 2d to start with which helped us map it all out. After a while we realised that it would be a much better user experience if you could actually zoom in on objects while inside the scenes. It would make it a lot faster to load too because we didnt have a heap of huge 2d backgrounds loading in constantly (Imagine if every closeup had to have fullscreen 2d art assets, the app size would blow out to a GB or more!)
    I think we managed to hang on to the 2d illustrative feel while in 3d though so glad you dig it!

One thing i'm wondering for everyone who's played the beta, how was the difficulty to you? Did you find it too hard to begin with? Or was it a nice balance at the start. It definitely gets harder after this section but wondering if it was too hard to start with?

11. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    It wasn't to difficult

12. TastyTadpoles

Oh that's great to hear! Thanks.

13. TastyTadpoles

Hey everyone here's a sneak peek of a scene you couldn't get to in the beta yet:
    [​IMG]

14. TastyTadpoles

#74 TastyTadpoles, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    And another:
    [​IMG]

15. BoiledGoose

BoiledGoose Well-Known Member

This looks amazing! Congrats on the upcoming hit!

16. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    This is a fantastic point and click adventure game. Fun spy theme puzzles. A little bit of humor.
    The stylized graphics are gorgeous.
    I don't think it's too difficult overall. There are a couple areas that stumped me a little. I just had to come back later and try again. :)
    You are going for a premium game right? If so, I would suggest not making it easier, but.... Maybe allow a couple of hints for the player?

I am enjoying everything about the game.

17. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Sorry for late feedback, just get time for trying the game today and thank you for the chance. It's a great demo of point and click game, puzzle isn't that difficult, sometimes we just need to guess the answer, I love the way you put the clues on different rooms using different shapes, that some people mightn't notice them all at first. Other thing that I love from this is the cut scenes, they bring more stories into the game and I prefer to watch video than read text for understanding the story line. Good luck and looking forward for the final version.
    Thank you

18. TastyTadpoles

Hey guys,
    Sorry for the late reply, we've been hard at work finishing off the game. You'll be glad to know if all goes well it will be out in about 2 weeks, woohoo!!

Thanks haha we hope it will be :)

Oh that's great, we tried to design a lot of the puzzles so that you see a clue and if you are clever will remember it later on when you see something else that reminds you of it. As you play the full version there are a lot more tie ins back to the main rooms that you have seen so you'll constantly be going back and forth.

Yep it's a premium style game so will be a paid title. We are thinking about doing a hint system as an update so that will be something to look into as soon as we are live!

Awesome! Thanks @copaeci when you play the full version you'll find a few extra animated cutscenes and some small hidden moments that tie in with the storyline. We designed them in a way that if you dont want to watch or pay attention you dont have to and can just play a fun puzzle game but if you do like story then you can really get into it! So its great to hear you enjoyed them, thanks for the feedback!

19. jrdata2k

jrdata2k Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Code guy
    Melbourne
    Thanks so much!! We've very excited about how it's all turned out, and it's really great to receive feedback like this from people.. So thanks very much!!

Jason :)

20. TastyTadpoles

Hey y'all, just a little heads up. If all goes well Agent A should be out soon... very very soon ;)
    I'm putting the final touches on the release trailer now and should have more details for you all shortly :)