Universal Agent Dash (By Fullfatgames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Right now, im really confused whether i still like the game or not. I played it earlier, and im getting a decent average of 700 gems per game, but it is significantly lower than my 900 pre update.

2. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Keep the old version if you find it already grindy. In the new version you have to buy every power-up (single use) with gems instead of finding them while playing.

3. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Has anyone figured out how to get microfilm? I don't need it, but I'm really curious to know how you're supposed to obtain the damn thing.

@DBC: there are definitely some improvements in content and gameplay. But with currency it's a disaster (even though I can understand their logic behind it). Most of the agents have switched to premium currency rather than gems; so if you've been saving up to obtain them I suggest unlocking them pre update, coz all your gems will be worthless after updating.

4. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Wow--I have to agree. Finding them is FUN. Triggering them manually isn't fun. Neither is consumable IAP.

I don't object to IAP in principle if the dev has to eat and pay rent. But doing it in a way that removes fun is a mistake. Even if I pay for the powerup, the spontaneous fun of finding and grabbing it isn't there.

A better solution would be to have no powerups, and then if you pay a one-time IAP, the powerups are there. Still "pay to win" but at east there would be a way to get the old fun back.

Now, whether you pay or not, you're just... running? No hope for a pleasant surprise around the corner, which you have to grab by your own skill or die trying? And game play has always depended on finding multiple powerups per run--so now (assuming you keep paying) you have to break your concentration to manually trigger each one, repeatedly during every run?

I'm definitely restoring the old Agent Dash from backup and skipping this and future updates. (Even though the old version annoyingly forces you to start the game twice if you don't want to spend single-use gems.)

Question: what's the "gem multiplier" that has been removed? Is it the Gem Rush (which I never used) or the High Value Gems? (Removing the High Value Gems would take some fun out of progressing farther.)

5. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Both gem power ups have been removed as a matter of fact. You can only obtain x2 and x3 gems past the third stage now.

What a weird decision from Full Fat.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not weird... BAD.

7. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Too true. It's uppercase b-a-d! :)

Ah well, back to trying to beat you in Outland Games! Heh.

8. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    I've been playing it a whe now and I have to say its not as bad as I thought. I'm averaging around 1.2 mil. 3000 gems. The clusl is nice in later stages. Snow level is awsome and gets very hard later. The slow mo is definentely longer. When u but the magnet it appears way more often then the old version. U can use more jetpacks then u would normally run in to in the old version. Yes it sucks that it takes so long to get to the blue gems but they give u way more white ones then the old version. Graphics and color seem more vibrant. There does seem to be a consequence for using jet packs because after u use it your jumps are noticeably mor labored. But only for about 40 or 50 seconds then back to normal. I think that was intentional. Anyway the microfilm things is the real negative I have yet to get a daily reward and want the new characters but no way in hell am I spending around 30 bucks in iap to get them. Overall give it a chance and get good. You'll enjoy it. I did get a 2.1 mil run with only 2 jetpacks today

9. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I did notice the magnets appeared more often but that still doesn't change the fact that it doesn't give multiplier bonus anymore and you have to run quite a distance to pay for the 1,500 gems you spent on it. You're better off not using it because you risk wasting your money if you die before you "break even". It's illogical.

But hey, as long as you're enjoying it man. By the way love your user name, fan of the band Dead Can Dance or is that just a coincidence? :)

I am going back to One Epic Knight and Subway Surfers. Oh and I'm gonna go through Exact-Psience's favorites because we seem to have similar tastes! lol

10. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    Well I don't totally disagree with you. Here's how I look at it. I play the weekly tourneys so I just use the the magnet on normal runs where I want to just get coins and not run for score I can easily triple what I spent on the magnet and u really get double or triple the magnets u would usually get. ( I have literally run 3 whole sections with magnet power One after another often get one before another expires) then towards the end of the week I power up and run for the gold. And it helps I guess that runners are my favorite genre and agent dash is my fav game. Temple run oz my second and subway surfers 3rd. Abbey and escape from the age of monsters are up there as well. It just seems that everybody is hating on it right now and really just need to enjoy it for what it is. I'm sure full fat will fix the daily challenge bug and we and maybe even add some microfilm on the course along the way and we can get our hands on the new characters The only 2 I do not have. Some new missions would be nice as well. But u gotta admit its a blast to play and a real showpiece of what can be done with runners. Oh and yes I love the band dead can dance I have seen them quite a few times in concert.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You're forgetting the fact that not everyone can last that long and gain more than they spend on magnets. The previous version was much more accessible to anyone, not just runner monsters.

12. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    U know if you guys are really agent dash lovers like me and my son u should do what I'm about to do and email them directly with your feedback. I have in the past inquiring about an update and they responded and insured me that this update was forthcoming. I'm going to email them and tell them I really like the new setup and graphical changes. U can tell this was a quality update besides the microfilm scandal. I'm going to suggest to them to include a microfilm pickup during gameplay for people that can run far. Example. Maybe at the end of the 5 th or 6 base you are rewarded with 2 microfilms and the 2 at the end of every base after. I think how the rest of the game was changed makes the game more strategic For those that are not good always have the option for iap.

13. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    Admittedly I do have a lot of what my wife calls digital dexterity lol and the bigger I phone 5 screen. But my secret is look ahead while u run u will go far. Oh and slow mo is the key to high scores. Especially after the update cuz slo mo is noticeable longer and u can get more shots in 1000 points a shot. Just barely raise your finger off the screen when u tap and u can machine gun thru the end of the base Big points

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I didnt mean me... LOL. I may not be the best at the game, but im fairly decent at these runner games. I mean everyone in general. This update will make the game's features less accessible because they wont be able to even break even. What's worse is for semi decent casual gamers, gaining 800 to 1000 gems in one run with magnets on wont be as fruitful as when they didnt use magnets. Theyd most likely be gaining more without the magnets without having to spend the 500 for the magnets. Pretty much destroys the purpose of having powerups.

The reason why Temple Run titles are so popular is because anyone, ANYONE, can play it, use everything the game offers, even if you suck at it. Eventually youll still be able to use everything the game has in it, even if you have toes for fingers.

If one cant even use magnets or any other powerups because he cant gain them back when playing, i doubt he'll enjoy the experience at all.

15. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    Well for those less monstrous at runners there is always temple run games. Leave agent dash to the pros lol

16. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    That was actually my problem before the update...

While I can break a million in SS (without Hoverboards:p;)), AD just never gave me the feeling that I was or even could get good at it. Everything seemed out of reach, and the game got less and less fun each time I attempted to play it.

It sounds like the latest "rebalancing" has pretty much sealed my fate. Oh well, back to SS!;):D

DBC

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... Proves that this version is crap. Everyone could play it before, now only those who can, can.

I wonder if Fullfat made the move to force those who cant to spend money, or lessen their (Fullfat's) chances for earning IAP money because there could possibly be less players as a result of this version's flaws.

With this in mind, i dont think Fulllfat really made the right decision... Greedy or not.

18. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    Well that doesn't prove this version is crap. They made a lot of improvements what else u going to use your gems to buy once u have the characters With the new version I know my hi score will increase now that I've spent 6 or 7 hours playing it and understanding their decision and the new play strategy. U all need to invest more time running. You'll see.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Seems you just marvel in your own magnificence and ignore the whole picture.

20. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    My magnificence ? Cuz I'm good at a running game.? I just really think the update is not as bad as u think. U obviously gave up it immediately without trying to understand why they did what they did. If u spend some time with it U may look at it differently. Have u read all my post. I'vee given as many my best tips on how I achieve the scores I do. I'm not bragging I'm just trying to explain that this wasn't as bad as u believe it is. Don't compare it to other running games so much Actually your last post was just ignorant.