Agricola (by Playdek) [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by pbb76, May 23, 2013.

1. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    I just realized I've seen these very same words every week for the last three weeks. Lol.

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Statement: as long as Playdek does not screw up the game, my money still holds for this title.

Status: I am still very busy with many other things in real life and on iPad -- yes, I still maintain 5-page worth of Ascension games, 8 games of Carcassonne, 4 games of Stone Age (need more) and other board games MP, too. Not to mention I need to figure out Omen, Eclipse, T&E and Le Havre. I can wait.

Statement: All the above will be trumped when Agricola arrives. I read earlier the tutorial will be broken down in 3 parts.

Note: I see many of my Ascension buddies already sign up for a MP game of Agricola, sweet!

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Actually, Agricola was announced to be in development over an year before Eclipse was announced by BDC.

4. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Very true!

5. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

No, not with the insane buzz around the game. This will do gangbusters.

Now we know its been submitted, it's all about the wait.

The so, so, so, so long wait

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    This thread is terrible at drumming up interest for the game. I just skimmed all 7 pages and I still have no idea what it is or what it looks like!

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    So to sum up - this got submitted; pulled; submitted again and now waiting again?

It seems like it has been in the waiting period for several weeks now. This doesn't seem like great marketing strategy. I understand a problem recognized after approval but this is getting ridiculous! They could have always requested expedited review because of a bug - so this seems excessively long.

8. andsoitgoes

For my friend, this is for you. My friend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Playdek's FB:

And here's the BGG article with the trailer. I'm on my phone and can't seem to get the YT code:

http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/19909/app-news-first-agricola-trailer-released

9. YueSan

YueSan Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Thank you!

Thanks for the link I just enter the thread and can´t figure it out what was this game about, but now I can say that looks pretty nice, haven´t played it before but looks interesting, I´ll give it a shot.

10. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
  11. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Almost at the one month mark since the "first" submission on the 11th last month :D

12. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
  13. dhgamer

dhgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    New York
    So today marks the start of E3 2013 and hopefully an announcement or release will happen today. *fingers crossed*

14. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    Playdek updated their Facebook page tonight. Agricola had to be re-submitted again and is now back with Apple waiting for approval. It sounds like they requested expedited consideration this time.

15. andsoitgoes

#75 andsoitgoes, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

Fart fart fart fart FAAAAAART

Their FB post:

16. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Haha this is pathetic, I think I'm just going to wait for the inevitable sale price rather than reward them by buying this at full price. I rewarded them enough by buying SW at double the price last time.

17. andsoitgoes

I don't think they're doing it because they want to make us suffer, it seems they've just had a run of craptastic luck with this game.

It's a complex thing and I would rather it be perfect than release with issues that might never be fixed.

It will be here soon.... I hope!

18. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Recall: the last promise I get is this is going to be released in June, right? I am still okay with the current stat.

Statement: I would rather see the release to be smooth and complete. Some one compare this to Eclipse. I would say the latter has a lot of problems with online play (no chat in async, no information about what opponent has done in the previous turn). Whilst this is not game-breaking but the experience is less than fulfilling. My $0.02

19. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I don't really care about who they want to suffer. They don't know how to market and release a product despite being veterans of this arena. Furthermore, there is no such thing as a perfect release with no issues. Issues are always handled post-release with maintenance updates. It's another thing that Playdek seems to abhor maintenance updates, as you might have noticed with Summoner Wars. It's not really just about Agricola, I'm also disappointed about the way they have handled Summoner Wars, Nightfall and Ascension in terms of content and maintenance updates, in addition to absent feature updates such as improvements in AI, chat of any sort.

As I've said before, I still respect Playdek, however they have to do something extraordinary with Agricola and their other available apps in the coming days to convince me that they want to be the best board-game app developer.

20. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Anybody seeing the big catch 22 here? Many are steamed at the lack of updates and how this wait is unacceptable which then only adds weight to the fact perhaps the best thing would have been to never share when they submitted at all if in so doing they just get more flack from us gamers.