Air Supply - SOS by Quantum Sheep (Universal)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by quantumsheep, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    *Stays tuned*

2. quantumsheep

quantumsheep Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    The Head Cheese, Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho, Quant
    London
    #42 quantumsheep, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    *sheepyhugs*

Awww! Bless you, sir!

It's an odd saying though, right? A bit anachronistic these days!

QS =D

EDIT - (I didn't want to look like I was just bumping the thread)

I just wanted to add that things have been a bit rough for me lately - mentally and emotionally at least. I'm very grateful that you guys are so kind and supportive. Thank you all! :D

I should also mention that the universe has been nice enough to throw complete strangers at me that have rekindled my faith in humanity!

When the app store rankings are being gamed by scam artists, and when anything that isn't free doesn't stand a chance, you feel like giving up.

I may still have to. But when complete strangers online are so kind, generous and lovely, it makes you think again.

Thank you :)

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Well, we support you in whatever happens next. If there's anything we can do to help, let us know!

4. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    Thank you *sheepyhugs* that's very kind :)

Just for you guys for now, here's a look at who's pulling the strings on your mission - the 'MotherSheep' :D

[​IMG]

Hope you like!

QS =D

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hahah that's brilliant!

I hope that you never have to give up developing, as *we* can tell it's what you love ;) Plus your games are fun :p

Just out of curiosity, are you developing full time?

6. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    Thank you, that's very lovely of you to say!

For the last 3 years I've been full time. It's been a dream and a privilege, as well as a long and difficult story, but I may have to rethink it all if I'm to continue and survive.

I will never 'give up' per se. I can't. I have a thousand ideas in my head, like a thousand little voices, and the only way to quieten them down is to make those ideas into games!

What will happen is that things might change a bit. I'd have to get a 'proper' job, which would mean less hours poured into games and therefore less frequent games :(

On the plus side, money from a job could mean I stay alive, and will be able to hire more artists/musicians to help! Which would be ace :D

What I *won't* do is change the way I make games. I have zero interest in ads or IAP in games - and I fear this 'moral high ground' will be my undoing. So it goes.

It was never my intention, but the title of this game seems a bit prescient now!

But hey, let me get this game done for you lot and I'll worry about all that other rubbish another time :)

QS =D

7. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Well, I have my sheepyfingers crossed that SOS really takes off and the world hears your message!

And if your funds are low and you ever need a musician... just remember that I'm highly skilled with pots and pans ;)

I also do art occasionally, but I never decide what the picture is until I've completed it. My past few works have been called "Nebula," "Dirty Spaghetti," and "Vomit." So just give me a call if you're ever in need of an artist.

8. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    I doubt it, but you never know! Thanks :D

Awesome! I can see the tagline now - "More retro than retro!" :D

I may well take you up on that! I've been in need of a pic for the Dirty Spaghetti Vomit Nebula for a while now!

Seriously though, thanks. I just hope the game lives up to people's expectations!

The MotherSheep says 'hi' btw!

QS =D

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Aliens!! *runs and puts on tinfoil hat*

10. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Sorry to hear about your bad times. You know we're in your corner at TA. Big SheepyHugs at ya!

11. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Mother Sheep looks fantastic. I'll buy whatever you put out, QS, and whilst I realise it won't help much I shall always do what I can. Properly looking forward to SOS.

12. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    #52 quantumsheep, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    There's no hiding from 'em!

(luckily you can shoot them till they're dead in the game - so there's that!) :D

Thank you - and it makes it such a pleasure to come here and chat to you guys because you're all so lovely!

*sheepyhugs for all* :D

I'm sorry about the down stuff. You shouldn't have to hear about that. A complete stranger was incredibly kind to me the other day, and it really lifted my spirits.

I was *trying* to say 'Aren't people lovely?' and it ended up being 'I've been down lately' - bad sheepy communication there!

Right - I have to get back to it, because - try as I might - these games don't write themselves!

Yet ;)

Have a great weekend all! Thanks!

QS =D

EDIT: I missed this somehow:

MotherSheep was actually a company logo concept from the good friend that made the sheepy avatar you see now - it was a bit much at the time, and I went with the cute sheepy, but looking through my old files I just saw it and thought "Perfect! HELLO Mothersheep! :D"

And thank you for your support. It is always appreciated! It's my firm belief that trying to put out stuff that deserves that support is the only way to keep that support.

That's a lot of support. Does that make sense?

QS =D

13. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    Hey all *waves* :D

Just a quick update - went over all the art on the weekend and the planet unlocks, and thought I'd take a pic for you!

[​IMG]

This is your first 'official-ish' look at the surface of Gertopia :D

I also had a few more ideas to add to the game. The ideas are great! It's getting them into the game that's the hard bit!

That floaty ball thing with the number '3' in it on the left is one such idea. But I'll say no more other than I want it to be a surprise ;)

I have given myself a mountain of stuff to do, still, so I'm being uncharacteristically brief here - sorry! Hope you're all well!

Will have more for #screenshotsaturday I hope :D

QS =D

14. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Looks really good! Keep it up!

15. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    Thanks, sir!

I'm getting a bit excited by stuff. Lots changing, lots improving, slowly coming together!

Working hard to have something new to show by Saturday for you all!

QS =D

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Roll on Saturday! :D

17. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    Hehe!

Thank you for your enthusiasm! :D

*sheepyhugs*

I had a bit of a breakthrough today in thinking, which will hopefully make implementing a whole bunch of stuff much easier than I thought it would be!

This is easily the biggest game I've ever made, which is a bit daunting, but I am enjoying coming up with new things to throw into the mix!

These are all little things that'll hopefully make you guys grin lots!

Excited!

QS =D

18. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Will there be space fish by any chance? :D

19. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    I'll have to check! There's over 20 enemies in the game right now :D

20. quantumsheep

Jun 5, 2009
    London
    No Space Fish! :(

But, in what's becoming a bit of a habit, here's an early pic for you guys before I post it to the social networks for #screenshotsaturday:

[​IMG]

It's the first rumblings of a boss battle.

Yep, I'm *trying* to get bosses into the game!

Take THAT, Jetpac! ;)

Hope you like it, and have a fab weekend! :D

QS =D