Universal AirTycoon Online (By TRADEGAME Lab)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by junani119, Mar 16, 2013.

1. jasp25

jasp25 Active Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I've had it with this game.. Trying to withdraw but it says "check your password" tried it several times with my password logging in and logging out and still doesn't take my password..

2. chenghao0728

chenghao0728 Member

Apr 18, 2013
    seems it is stuck in 1993 sep

3. brooklynbound

brooklynbound Active Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Something is wrong with the message system. Every time I tap it, the game crashes. I can't even leave a bug report because it crashes.

4. gabzara

gabzara New Member

May 15, 2013
    Building Airport?

What are the benefits of building an airport?

5. jasp25

jasp25 Active Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Ever wondered how some people make it to the top so fast?

http://www.iapphacks.com/tutorials-f8/airtycoon-online-v1-5-2-t14259-60.html

(Click on the author's profile and click "thanks" at the bottom to read the hidden instructions)

6. Aeroplaneman747

Aeroplaneman747 New Member

May 18, 2013
    Cargo

Hi,

I'm just wondering when the manufacturers offer cargo planes? Also an interesting feature that could be added is the option to convert passenger aircraft to cargo, after purchase.

7. CaptKornDog

CaptKornDog Member

Apr 12, 2013
    I go on a business trip for 7 days and my airline turns upside down ;)....still hoping for an offline version so I can play at my own pace.

8. Txguy74

Txguy74 New Member

May 20, 2013
    Maintenance Depot

Where do you need to place maintenance depots? Does it need to be in every hub or just once for the whole game?

9. Txguy74

Txguy74 New Member

May 20, 2013
  10. jasp25

jasp25 Active Member

Mar 18, 2013

I am not the author of the hack.. I found it and thought I'd share to let you guys know there are cheaters out there.

11. Paegle

Paegle New Member

May 22, 2013
    Hi! Could someone send me a list of the dates in which each aircraft gets available for purchase?

Airline name: EurAir, channel 73. E-mail: [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

12. QP_planes

QP_planes New Member

May 25, 2013
    Any Help on Fuel Price

I dont know how to predict oil price. Is it all simulated differently or they are all the same for all channels

13. Killerminer2309

Apr 6, 2013
    Guys, I have a problem: when I try to login to all 3 accounts it says "Communication error. Cannot connect to DB." Am I the only person having this problem or someone else had it?! Plz tell me what to do.

14. chenghao0728

chenghao0728 Member

Apr 18, 2013
    it is very ridiculous that when all of my flights get profit and loading rate 70% and above but I loss money very month , the oil price is unreasonable high! I already give up this game!

15. AshleyTheNeko

AshleyTheNeko Member

Jun 10, 2013
    I'm enjoying the game, I just have a quick question. I've been letting my free credits pile up, and I'm wondering if they transfer or not when the channel ends and you start in a new one.

16. gazza1001

gazza1001 New Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Feedback

I enjoy playing ATO. i have a few suggestions that would make the game more playable and to increase enjoyment of players. Some of these improvements are carry overs from AT 1 and 2 which I also own.

Issues still exist with the game that I had hoped would have been corrected with the latest release:

a. Early start players or players with a lot of cash (!) hogging the best routes, or taking over the best routes in the game mid-game with huge planes, ousting later or smaller companies who cannot possibly compete as they often run routes at a loss
    b. Unrealistic globalization - airlines are centered around a couple of hubs and spoke flights for a reason. To operate multiple hubs in 8-10 countries is unrealistic.
    c. Turn length is fine, a little on the long side.
    d. There should be the option to build an airport in places not currently having one.
    e. Have a starting 'date' for each game slot and close it out for further joiners. This ensures that everyone starts the game at the same time. You register for the game, but the first 'turn' happens after the game is closed to new players. This then means that everyone is on the same field. You can then have multiple games, starting on Sundays?, once a week
    f. One fixed main hub, 4 subsidiary hubs for the duration of the game. No-more than two hubs per continent?
    g. Landing limits - most small airports cannot have a 747 landing at them. There should be a 'small planes only' or 'all planes' limit on some airports
    h. Maximum number of flights per turn added
    i. eventually the creation of subsidiary companies
    j. Code shares and/or flight numbers. Why can we not assign flight numbers? Times of day? You could have the running 'month' time, with realistic flights in and out of your airports, similar to Airline Tycoon series (which is an amazing game still, despite AT2)
    k. The airport screen - why can it not show your flights? If you have 250 out of 300 slots paid for, surely you can have a fixed picture of the different airlines operating from the airport, or maybe a departure board with the different airlines and their destinations
    l. Alliances - non-competition and route sharing
    m. Route tendering. If you want to run a route, say LHR-JFK you need to tender/buy this route in order to operate it. The game can set a maximum of ... per route, depending on the perceived capacity of the route. Periodically as demand changes, additional 'slots' become available for purchase, but still limiting the number that can operate in, in essence a route license (which is like the real world!!)

17. autonm

autonm New Member

Jun 16, 2013
    few pointers please

Im making only around $5,000k profit a turn... here's my set up:

5 routes with all maxed out schedules.
    3 routes are 100% occupied, 2 routes at 70% occupied.
    fare is set above average against competitors.
    satisfactory on routes are 85%, 95%, 97%, 100%, 107%

I have 1 hub with 4 routes out of there and 1 other route which is short but frequent.

My 1 hub has 2 counters and 2 offices, which are 50% used. Having the 4 routes out of the hub helps save money rather than having lots of counters/offices.

Except for bringing my single route into my hub, I dont know how to make more profit. I am happy keeping this single route out as it makes profit.

fuel, maintenance, cargo - untcouced cant afford to buy
    hotel, limo, travel - untouched, cant afford to buy
    human resources - untouched, cant afford to adjust
    investment - untouched, cant afford to adjust

I only have 48,000k so cant really afford more planes/fuel/maint etc.

Anyone please help? Im really enjoying this game, but 5,000k profit a month is turning this into a slow game.

*DEVS ... I agree with changing 2hrs into 1hr for each turn.

18. autonm

autonm New Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Bump.

19. simus980

simus980 New Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Few questions..

1-If I build an airport, will I get profits from slots, offices, counter, etc.?
    2-How much time it takes to upgrade an airport?
    3-I have 6 routes and 8 planes, $8000k profit is ok?
    thank you
    P.S. awesome game ^^

20. ereiid

ereiid New Member

Jun 26, 2013
    #220 ereiid, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    Many thoughtful points. I may not address all of them, but it's a good starting point perhaps for a conversation about what Tradegame can improve. Not just for realism's sake - but also how the game works.

b) I had this issue with AT1/2, as well. The developers just don't seem to be able to take load factors into account in their coding. It's a pity - but without it, there's simply no advantage in the game to a hub-and-spoke route model. I fear it may just be a limitation of the computing resources that such load algorithms might necessitate.

c) The problem I have with the 2h turn length is that it means that the same season of the game-year always comes at the same hour of my actual work day; so I only ever get to see (here in the EDT) Spring and Autumn when I'm not working or sleeping. Simple math - 12 months in a year, 24 hours in a day. And I don't like it. It'd be nice if a slightly shorter turn-cycle (say, 90 minutes) would allow users in a given timezone to cycle through the parts of the game-year that they see.

d-e) Excellent suggestions. On the latter point, some of the cities that the game (randomly, I'm guessing) chooses to not equip with airports are downright weird. In two different channels now, I've seen Mumbai build their airport quite late in the game, if at all. I mean, really?

f) See, the problem with this suggestion as a workaround for the hub-and-spoke problem above being there are some excellent examples of point-to-point based route structures proving quite successful in the real world. Southwest? EasyJet? I agree that there need to be way to incentivize hub-and-spoke routing, but placing a hard cap on point-to-point services seems like an awfully heavy-handed way to do it. Moreover, your proposal seems like it would necessitate all flights to originate from a hub - which would forestall the extended routing needed early in the game to connect long hauls - say LAX - HNL - NRT, for instance.

g) I think this is already largely taken care of - there's awfully little incentive to try routing superheavy 747s and 380s to those tiny airports. Those would be awful returns on investment for destinations with low demand. I like your idea, though. Perhaps this could be gated on the Level of an airport.

Whew. Alright, with that having been said, there are a few other points I'd like to add. Discuss (or not).

1) There's a clear imbalance to early-starter players. We get it. You want people to buy credits. But you've got to notice that players bail on channels where only a handful of players already dominate the leaderboards by several logfolds. Even dumping credits on the late-starters simply won't even it. There's gotta be a way to allow late-starting players to feel like they have a shot at carving out a niche, while still allowing you guys your income. Perhaps the credit-currency conversion rate needs to start lower?

2) The distribution of destinations just - feels weird in places. All those destinations in Western North America - those rinky dink places feel like a waste. In contrast, the vast swaths of Russian Eurasia feel underpopulated (and that's saying something), in spite of the fact that those big ole' Russian airlines have the largest fleets and networks. Just saying.

3) Again, I get that you guys are trying to incentivize credit purchases, but once the first round of planes start expiring in the 70s and 80's, it's clear that a great many players start crashing out in value. I don't know how many top leaders sink like bricks in that timeframe. You guys maybe could do something about resale value, or maintenance inflation; there are clear instances of planes being used well beyond 20 years. I can't stress enough that making continuing the game incumbent upon purchasing credits sends up all kinds of ripoff red flags to players.

4) There's a very serious lack of available planes in the early stages of the game. Establishing an initial network with only a handful of Boeings and Russian turboprops is a mess. Especially seeing as how much loving detail you guys have given to introducing emergent 21st century commercial vendors like Comac and Sukhoi. There's a clear deficit in the smaller-capacity, short haul models. Legacy planes from Convair, Hawker Siddeley, Sud Aviation, BAC, Dassault, Fokker, Saab, Lockheed - these would all be great additions.

5) It's been said before, but the season variation is really too much. Especially given that the two hour turncycle enforces the same season variation on players' actual days. Shouldn't an exclusively Southern Hemisphere route network mean that my seasonal variations are inverse from the Northern Hemisphere?